Pages:
Author

Topic: User banned - Possibly misunderstanding the idea of a regular social bounty - page 3. (Read 867 times)

legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3878
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
If this ban is according to the rules, I disagree with the rules! This is someone willing to spend $1000 or more of his own money to troll a billionaire troll on Twitter. If that kind of community initiative isn't allowed, I believe the rules should be changed.
I would say poor enforcement of rules. I don't know if it was like this before or lately the mods are not spending much time in details before deleting a topic/post or even banning a user. In several occasions I have seen most of the time newbies and low rank members are victim of the poor moderation. The last one I remember happened with a newbie who was genuinely asking question on mining board, but his post/s was/were deleted. Ultimately, by giving the excuse of keeping the forum clean, we are demoralizing genuine crypto lovers, or what message you think are being sent to them?

It's very strange that our understanding of rules and mods understanding of rules has conflict despite some of us are even way older and active in the community than them. The moderation standard should be improved in my opinion. With the current setup/quality we are not helping the community much. I hope by saying this I am not making anyone angry against me. I always say that this community is my priority and I ensure it all the time.

Anyway, I have not talked to onemd yet. I am thinking to give him a proposal if he still wants to run this camping.

I will have two bounty threads. One in Service section and another one in altcoin (bounty) section for his campaign. The service section is for only BTC payment which is 0.0007 to 0.005 BTC and the altcoin (bounty) section will have the lower payment spreads, 0.000005 to 0.0002 BTC which will be paid in LTC. Rest of the things will be same, same terms and stuffs, and even I will be using same spreadsheet for two separate topics.

This does look annoying, but it seems the mods want this approach. At lest it was clear from the issue I had last time with a campaign paying 20% in BTC and 80% in native token.

PS: I really hope that they unban onemd. He does not deserve it.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
If this ban is according to the rules, I disagree with the rules! This is someone willing to spend $1000 or more of his own money to troll a billionaire troll on Twitter. If that kind of community initiative isn't allowed, I believe the rules should be changed.

How does it differ from a Twitter bounty, the regular ones we see in both sections?
I never really understood why the bounty-spam-board is allowed to exist.

I believe the one that LoyceV created, might be a temporary solution to that problem: highlight deleted and edited posts (forum wide)
That doesn't really work if the topic is deleted: I can only show unedited backups.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
and under 0.0002 BTC seemed dust payment to me and I was suggesting OP to pay them in LTC to avoid dust issue.
~Snipped~
Or please help me to understand how the campaign was different from the regular social bounties we see in service and altcoin (bounty) section.
It's a bit complicated but if I have to guess, I think it might be due to the following things combined [I could be wrong]:

• LTC dust payment for that section
  • Tweet in question
  • Not being a weekly/monthly campaign

Now my problem here is that I am providing escrow services (0.025 BTC initially to secure the participants get paid) and managing the campaign. Here is the spreadsheet which is incomplete and a lot of them has done using https://ninjastic.space/topic/5338426 earlier.

For sure, I know there are users who updated their post after reserving their spot but since ninjastic.space does not record any update after more than 5 minutes (I assume) I have marked a lot of entries with yellow colour. There are so far total 0.00280000 BTC will be paid in BTC and 0.00305000 BTC will be paid in equivalent LTC (please check BTC and LTC tab).
I believe the one that LoyceV created, might be a temporary solution to that problem: highlight deleted and edited posts (forum wide)
- Test [view it after a few seconds/minutes]: https://loyce.club/archive/details/topic_5338426.html
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3878
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
The topic creator is banned.
Sorry onemd, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Reason: Incentivising posting within specific threads via low effort tasks for altcoins (see https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/incentivizing-posting-via-low-effort-tasks-likes-follows-etc-is-not-allowed-3953664).
Topic in question: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/giving-bitcoin-to-ppl-that-post-the-following-on-elons-twitter-5338426

The final contents of the topic (read quoted part since that was the final agreement) :  https://paste.ee/p/dEwKE

Obviously it does not fit in games and rounds, but it fits in either in service section or in bounty (altcoin) section. How does it differ from a Twitter bounty, the regular ones we see in both sections?

I was suggesting mods to move the topic to service section after agreeing a response from LoyceV here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.57042158

There must be a misunderstanding. There are no low effort tasks for altcoins or this kind. The campaign has been designed to pay in BTC but anything equal and under 0.0002 BTC seemed dust payment to me and I was suggesting OP to pay them in LTC to avoid dust issue. The payments of 0.0007 to 0.005 BTC should have no problems at all with BTC, so agreement was to pay anything between 0.0007 to 0.005 BTC will be in BTC. Quote this: 0.005 BTC to pay for a tweet was around $200 at the time the topic was created.

Now my problem here is that I am providing escrow services (0.025 BTC initially to secure the participants get paid) and managing the campaign. Here is the spreadsheet which is incomplete and a lot of them has done using https://ninjastic.space/topic/5338426 earlier.

For sure, I know there are users who updated their post after reserving their spot but since ninjastic.space does not record any update after more than 5 minutes (I assume) I have marked a lot of entries with yellow colour. There are so far total 0.00280000 BTC will be paid in BTC and 0.00305000 BTC will be paid in equivalent LTC (please check BTC and LTC tab).

It was supposed to be in service or altcoin (bounty) and those who Tweeted then update their post later should get paid.

I would like mod to review the action they have taken and consider restoring the topic and possibly move it to service or altcoin (bounty) section. The OP should also deserve to unban if this is a misunderstanding.

Or please help me to understand how the campaign was different from the regular social bounties we see in service and altcoin (bounty) section.

Cheers.
Pages:
Jump to: