Pages:
Author

Topic: Using Armory on the BCH chain - page 21. (Read 45919 times)

Activity: 226
Merit: 100
August 19, 2017, 04:14:08 PM
I seem to have issues getting Armory to show the wallet balances as per pre-fork. So I deleted block data from after. Deleted the Armory DB. Then I run ArmoryDB which works fine. But then I have issues getting Armory to act as if online although it's not. Which options do I have to start it with so it doen't start bitcoind in the background but still acts as if online on top of this old data. I have moved BTC utxos out of Armory just after the fork and now need to recover my Bitcoin Cash.

Edit: I managed to get it up without starting bitcoind (wonder why that setting was true before, as I always handled BitcoinQt manually). However, same issue. It doesn't scan TX history or anything. Shows as preparing DB, which it is not doing, as ArmoryDB is up and running.

Edit2: Data folders and everything should be correct, actually.

Edit3: I know I could also just export a shitload of private keys from each wallet and sweep them all somehow, but I think your trick would be far nicer, actually.
legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1345
Armory Developer
August 19, 2017, 04:53:20 AM
Goatpig/Ente,

Thanks for the information here.  Having trouble generating a valid transaction in the BCH network, I think.  I'm creating the transaction on armory, then signing it(using the BCH signer) on an offline machine, and then attempting to broadcast the raw tx on Blockdozer and Via Btc, but getting error messages from both.  Via Btc yields "invalid raw transaction" and something similar from Blockdozer.

Found the problem, needed to uncheck the RBF box in the transaction signing process. 

MF

Meh, shenanigans. RBF flagging is not invalid on the BCH chain, second RBF relay is disabled is all. These services have an erroneous implementation in which they reject sequence flagging as a whole, even though that chain support CSV and CLTV.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
August 19, 2017, 04:28:29 AM
Goatpig/Ente,

Thanks for the information here.  Having trouble generating a valid transaction in the BCH network, I think.  I'm creating the transaction on armory, then signing it(using the BCH signer) on an offline machine, and then attempting to broadcast the raw tx on Blockdozer and Via Btc, but getting error messages from both.  Via Btc yields "invalid raw transaction" and something similar from Blockdozer.

Found the problem, needed to uncheck the RBF box in the transaction signing process. 

MF
August 19, 2017, 04:11:30 AM
Goatpig/Ente,

Is there something that I am doing wrong here?  Pardon my lack of technical expertise on the matter, but I did read this thread several time and can't come up with anything.

Thanks,

MF
Activity: 1
August 19, 2017, 01:52:45 AM
Thanks for this.

Any chance that we can get a 32 bit .deb version built? My offline signing machine has been around for a couple of years (since you forked the project) and everything was still 32 bit back then. Would be a real pain to have to reinstall the OS just for that.

I've tried to follow the linux build instructions - used a 32 bit docker container but ran into issues with the autobuild stuff - there was no Makefile but also no configure script to generate one. That said - not sure how to get a deb built after building the software - the release scripts folder does not exactly seem all that clear! :-)

Cheers
LV
legendary
Armory Developer
August 18, 2017, 09:25:15 PM
A new settings entry for the script signer would be awesome, so you do not have to specifically select Bcash signer for every transaction. Or is it possible to permanently change the default script via config file?

Kind regards,
Mr.Vice

No such thing. you'd have to modify the source for this. This has not been designed as a permanent fixture. Once SegWit is enabled on the BTC chain, this should act as a deterministic way to identify the chain, in which case the chain/signer type will be implicit and binding in the unsigned tx message (basically it will hint the offline signer as to which signer to pick by default).
August 18, 2017, 09:21:24 PM
Wooo
that's really fix my promble
just dude Grin Grin
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
August 18, 2017, 12:28:26 PM
A new settings entry for the script signer would be awesome, so you do not have to specifically select Bcash signer for every transaction. Or is it possible to permanently change the default script via config file?

Kind regards,
Mr.Vice
legendary
Armory Developer
August 18, 2017, 10:37:21 AM
Ok, now I get it. Deleting the blkXXXXX.dat from now until back in time to the fork will make the post-fork spending of the BTC invisible to Armory.  Thanks, will give it a try!

You will have to sync a fresh Armory DB atop of that copy of the chain for the changes to take effect on the Armory end.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 516
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
August 18, 2017, 05:12:03 AM
If you moved the BTC post fork, these addresses still have BCH on them.

Yes, certainly. But if the BTC are moved already, the balance on that address will be shown as zero in Armory - and it is not possible to initiate a transaction be signed with the BCH signer. Or am I missing something?

Ah, you mean you want to do this without running any Bcash binaries or grabbing their chain? Then refer to this point:

3) You'll want to create a copy of your blockchain data then remove blkXXXXX.dat files up until the fork point . I don't know which file this is, something around 950~960, I'm sure someone will figure out the exact file. Note that if you did not move any coins post fork yet, you do not need to delete anything.

Ok, now I get it. Deleting the blkXXXXX.dat from now until back in time to the fork will make the post-fork spending of the BTC invisible to Armory.  Thanks, will give it a try!
legendary
Armory Developer
August 18, 2017, 04:52:41 AM

Yes, certainly. But if the BTC are moved already, the balance on that address will be shown as zero in Armory - and it is not possible to initiate a transaction be signed with the BCH signer. Or am I missing something?

Ah, you mean you want to do this without running any Bcash binaries or grabbing their chain? Then refer to this point:

3) You'll want to create a copy of your blockchain data then remove blkXXXXX.dat files up until the fork point . I don't know which file this is, something around 950~960, I'm sure someone will figure out the exact file. Note that if you did not move any coins post fork yet, you do not need to delete anything.
August 18, 2017, 03:13:21 AM

5) Once you're synced (it will show you as offline), you can create your transactions. You should pick utxos manually and keep track of them so as to not create conflicting transactions

legendary
Armory Developer
August 17, 2017, 08:41:54 PM
Install the relevant package on your signer. You already have all the dependencies if you have a functional signer. I have not added dependencies to Armory yet. Actually, I've removed a few.
August 17, 2017, 08:15:30 PM

-------- Requirements --------

You need to update both your signer and online machine with a version of Armory capable to sign for BCH in order to spend the coins.

Assuming that I'd like to keep my offline machine cold, what is the best way to update the signer on it?  Noob on here, but been using Armory for several years.  Thanks in advance!

MF
legendary
Armory Developer
August 17, 2017, 08:09:29 PM
August 17, 2017, 12:33:32 PM
It all worked fine for me.
Creating unsigned TX on armoryqt, signing on an offline machine, broadcasting on http://blockdozer.com/insight/tx/send
Just please, please, don't forget the checkbox to sign with the bcash signer! :-)

Ente

Looks promising. But I assume this does not work in case I have already transferred the BTC on those adresses elsewhere?
legendary
Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001
August 14, 2017, 05:48:33 AM
It all worked fine for me.
Creating unsigned TX on armoryqt, signing on an offline machine, broadcasting on http://blockdozer.com/insight/tx/send
Just please, please, don't forget the checkbox to sign with the bcash signer! :-)

Ente
hlz
Activity: 1
August 14, 2017, 02:56:57 AM
Does it also work with offline transactions on the offline pc ?
And do I also need to update armory on the offline pc ?

Thanks
legendary
Armory Developer
August 09, 2017, 03:20:35 PM
So, in short, I just create the tx with the bcash signer, that's the only difference here?

You create the tx the usual way. At the time of signing, you pick the BCH signer, and that's now a tx only the BCH network will accept.
legendary
Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001
August 09, 2017, 11:43:35 AM
Thanks, HCP!
I'll give it a try eventually.

Ente
Pages:
Jump to: