Author

Topic: Vanitygen: Vanity bitcoin address generator/miner [v0.22] - page 115. (Read 1153383 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Is there a windows build for this?  All I see so far from reading through the thread is Linux.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Also having the GPU hash/CPU hash error. I'm running Catalyst 13.11 and downgrading is not an option for me. Also AMD APP SDK v2.9, willing to downgrade this if this is the issue.

Having this error as well, and also downgrading is not an option.

Anyone have any solution for this?  
Yes, the solution is to rewrite vanitygen in opencl 1.2. Of course, why should this happen, the last time someone donated to samr, it was 0.001 four months ago, and then $2 worth a year ago.

"downgrading is not an option"...heh

Wow, I'm ashamed. I use this tool all the time. I didn't even think about that. I would be one of those people leeching off of his fantastic work, and telling him he needs to update the tool.

Will be donating very soon.

Edit: deepceleron, what is his donation address. :s
Activity: 221
Merit: 100
Thanks for the information on GPU generation!  Is generation possible on r280/r290 cards with the latest drivers?
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1036
Because the software has not been largely updated since it was written, which is when opencl 1.0 was just transitioning to 1.1.

OpenCL apps have not yet become generic, they almost have to target a particular card and driver, since driver updates keep breaking things.

Here is an interesting topic - below are the only ATI HDXXXX GPUs that support double-precision math. It would be interesting to see if the computing problem on new drivers varies based on this card list:

HD 5830 HD 5850 HD 5870 HD 5970

HD 6930 HD 6950 HD 6970 HD 6990

HD 7730 HD 7750 HD 7770 HD 7790 HD 7850
HD 7870 HD 7950 HD 7970 HD 7990

I have a 5770, and vanitygen works fine (and first worked correctly) using Driver 11.11, which includes the SDK 2.5 runtime. It doesn't work on any later drivers. One conspiracy theory could be that other OpenCL computing features were disabled on single-precision cards in later drivers.

Here is a list of each first driver version that included a new SDK. You must also be aware that the ATI uninstaller does not properly uninstall key OpenCL files. If you want to experiment, you should increment starting with older versions, so you don't have to manually delete left-behind files each time.

AMD APP SDK v2.9    AMD Catalyst™ 13.11 beta (13.20.16)
AMD APP SDK v2.8.1    AMD Catalyst™ 13.6 Beta2 (13.101)
AMD APP SDK v2.8    AMD Catalyst™ 12.10 (9.002)
AMD APP SDK v2.7    AMD Catalyst™ 12.4 (8.961)
AMD APP SDK v2.6    AMD Catalyst™ 11.12 (8.92)
AMD APP SDK v2.5    AMD Catalyst™ 11.7 (8.872)
AMD APP SDK v2.4    ATI Catalyst™ 11.4 Update Driver (8.841)
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
Also having the GPU hash/CPU hash error. I'm running Catalyst 13.11 and downgrading is not an option for me. Also AMD APP SDK v2.9, willing to downgrade this if this is the issue.

Yes, the solution is to rewrite vanitygen in opencl 1.2. Of course, why should this happen, the last time someone donated to samr, it was 0.001 four months ago, and then $2 worth a year ago.

Why do you say that the real solution is to rewrite for opencl 1.2?
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1036

Activity: 74

donator
Activity: 686
Merit: 519
It's for the children!
Can I use vanitygen to find someone else's private key from their bitcoin address?

Can an example?
either here or in PM.

In theory: No. The software will not allow you to specific a pattern so specific/long. Yes, I tried it: for lulz. Why don't you download the program, tell it to look for a pattern eg. 10 characters long. Then make it 11, then 12... and so on while observing the time estimate to find a match... you will see what I mean quite quickly. Now, keep in mind that bitcoin addresses are usually 33-34 characters long.

In practice: Also no. It would take an impossibly long time. We're talking longer than the time the universe will likely exist for. If you know a loophole around that, please let us know. We should also stipulate a rule that to mention "quantum computers" you must at least have a masters/PhD in a relevant field.

The loophole around large number obscurity is luck.
donator
Activity: 686
Merit: 519
It's for the children!
Ubuntu:

Code:
 git clone https://github.com/samr7/vanitygen.git
cd vanitygen
sudo apt-get -y install libpcre++-dev
 make vanitygen oclvanitygen oclvanityminer CFLAGS="-I/opt/AMDAPP/include/"

-I is wherever AMDAPP is installed on the system.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1005
Do you have a precompiled OSX build of Vanitygen?

Looking for a precompiled OSX build as well

get home-brew, then use
Code:
brew install vanitygen
[/quote]

I can't install homebrew; administrator controls.  Vanitygen on windows works fine because it's a plug and play app
pa
Activity: 528
Merit: 501

get home-brew, then use
Code:
brew install vanitygen

I did that but got an error message:

Error: No available formula for vanitygen
Searching taps...

Then I saw a post by user Red Emerald that recommended:

brew tap WyseNynja/bitcoin && brew install WyseNynja/bitcoin/vanitygen

That worked well on my MacBook Air with OS X 10.9.1 !
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Can I use vanitygen to find someone else's private key from their bitcoin address?

Can an example?
either here or in PM.

In theory: No. The software will not allow you to specific a pattern so specific/long. Yes, I tried it: for lulz. Why don't you download the program, tell it to look for a pattern eg. 10 characters long. Then make it 11, then 12... and so on while observing the time estimate to find a match... you will see what I mean quite quickly. Now, keep in mind that bitcoin addresses are usually 33-34 characters long.

In practice: Also no. It would take an impossibly long time. We're talking longer than the time the universe will likely exist for. If you know a loophole around that, please let us know. We should also stipulate a rule that to mention "quantum computers" you must at least have a masters/PhD in a relevant field.
Activity: 4

Can an example?
either here or in PM.
Activity: 84
in doge we tryst

get home-brew, then use
Code:
brew install vanitygen
legendary
Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016
For those who cant able to still run oclvanitygen, getting found delta, start delta.....
Just use driver uninstaller, i used this DDU from http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/display_driver_uninstaller_download.html.
unzip it in a folder in desktop, restart system in safe mode, run Display Driver Uninstaller.exe, select AMD-> Clean and restart.
It will remove all amd drivers & restart system.
Now just install 12.10 driver & everything works fine.
Activity: 2
For those of you experiencing the hashes not matching issue, what solved the problem for me was to delete the OpenCL files for that newer version of Catalyst and to install an old copy of the 2.7 AMD APP SDK.
Here's the list of files I deleted:

C:\Windows\System32\amdocl64.dll
C:\Windows\System32\OpenCL.dll
C:\Windows\System32\OpenVideo64.dll
C:\Windows\System32\OVDecode64.dll
C:\Windows\System32\SlotMaximizerAg.dll
C:\Windows\System32\SlotMaximizerBe.dll

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\amdocl.dll
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\OpenCL.dll
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\OpenVideo.dll
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\OVDecode.dll
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\SlotMaximizerAg.dll
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\SlotMaximizerBe.dll

The 2.7 SDK I installed was the 32 bit version (I'm running 64-bit Windows 8 but my oclvanitygen is 32-bit). I'm guessing you only need to delete the files in the architecture of the vanitygen you are running.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1005

Activity: 532
Merit: 100
Activity: 24
Hi Red Emerald

Thanks for your reply

I previously used samr7's vanitygen with the following command line
Code:
./oclvanitygen -D 0:1 -t 16 -w 256 -k 
Normally, samr7's won't compile oclvanitygen on OSX, so I modified the Makefile here and there, and It compiled oclvanitygen
It ran gracefully up until OSX 10.8.5

After I upgraded to OSX 10.9
It no longer runs Cheesy

I'm gonna try out your suggestions here and on GitHub and will report back the results Smiley
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
kernel file calc_address.cl is erroring when opening, apparently, any solution?
"calc_address.cl"

On windows, using the oclvanitygen executable
I got that on OSX when it tried to build the .oclbin file (which it does on first run if the file does not exist) without being in the same directory as calc_address.cl.

I'm not sure how to resolve this on windows, but in OS X, that file is installed by my brew tap to /usr/local/opt/vanitygen/include/

nevrending I think the -D flag you are using is wrong.  Try this,

Code:
brew reinstall vanitygen
cd /usr/local/opt/vanitygen/include
oclvanitygen -d 1 -k 1111111
Jump to: