Author

Topic: Vanitygen: Vanity bitcoin address generator/miner [v0.22] - page 111. (Read 1153383 times)

global moderator
Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610
In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce
Vanitygen uses the OpenSSL random number generator.
Is it safe to use Vanitygen after the uncovering of the Heartbleed bug in OpenSSL? Is it affected and/or it has been fixed?
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
FUN > ROI
I'd imagine he only typo'd it in his forum post (replacing their actual desired vanity with a generic 'address' one and screwing up on that) Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
what is the reason that address generation for 1address has bigger difficulty than 1AdReSs ?
afaik vanity gen randomly generates private keys and check if they match pattern we are willing to find?
both patterns have the same number of signs to look for, so what is the reason that it is easier to find pattern with small and capital letters?
1address has 8 characters , 1AdReSs has 7 characters, so it takes more difficulty.
Lol, i guess he didn't notice he typed address wrong.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Hi,

the vanitygen windows binary hosted at http://www.bitcointrading.com/files/vanitygen-0.17-win.zip is infected with malware!

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/326f4695a2983b42e61996b904ef6d217cdf26a6968a86d14a7818fec0ad7ac4/analysis/1396505046/

Beware, as more recent versions of the binary could be infected, too.

I didn't find out the purpose of the trojan but I think it runs a mining tool in the background.

Maybe someone is able to do a more detailed analysis to identify infected systems as the trojan comes with rootkit functionality (http://www.yac.mx/en/guides/trojan-horse-guides/20140225-how-to-remove-Trojan/Achet.N.2-through-yac-virus-removal-tool.html).

Cheers!
legendary
Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016
what is the reason that address generation for 1address has bigger difficulty than 1AdReSs ?
afaik vanity gen randomly generates private keys and check if they match pattern we are willing to find?
both patterns have the same number of signs to look for, so what is the reason that it is easier to find pattern with small and capital letters?
1address has 8 characters , 1AdReSs has 7 characters, so it takes more difficulty.
Activity: 44
Created mine within 10 mins
Activity: 686
FUN > ROI
It isn't actually related to uppercase vs lowercase.  There's a pretty technical reason for the difficulty differences which has to do with the hash of the public key and how that gets encoded into Base58Check.  Check out this stack exchange post which explains it for the most part:
http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/a/22786

Edit - And also this post: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2606437
Activity: 746
Merit: 502
Looking for advertising deal

legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014
great software, thank you
newest graphic drivers and generation is really fast
Activity: 5
Has anyone tried Catalyst 14 beta? I just upgraded my Ubuntu Linux system to 14.04 and it had been working fine before on Ubuntu Linux 12.10 using older (maybe 12.x) catalyst drivers.

I think it can still generate short ones ok of 4chars ish (has output them but I haven't imported/validated to check), but I'm getting suspicious of it taking too long to generate some slightly longer ones that says a few hours to 50% and yet after multiple attempts with multiple address-searches (using -f and -o options to read from/write to a file), probably around double the quoted time to get 50% chance in total (or well over the 50% time on one run, near it again on another completely restarted run, and several more runs of many minutes on various others), it hasn't output anything. Either I'm really unlucky or the software's not working properly... Can't be sure which yet.
Activity: 412
Merit: 250
Bitcoin is the Future of currency
oclvanitygen / miner broken in new Catalyst 13
solution : Downgrade on Catalyst 12

https://github.com/samr7/vanitygen/issues/19
and
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301068.120
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1037
CEO @ Stake.com and Primedice.com
Well its not rly hard to use vanitygen. But i was to lazy and stupid to do so. Now i made new vanity addy but ofc locally with vanitygen. But well now its to late.
1MicroXV8cAyggKeXRJWhRsv1yZaqtiWTE
Activity: 1
So I've used vanitygen for a while now and wrote this batch file to ease generation, and felt that it could help some of the less techy windows users out there.
Just make a text file, in the same folder as the vanitygen.exe file, rename it to something like vanity64.bat (the .bat is the important part, make sure you can view file extensions when changing this part) copy and paste the code below and save the file.
You can then just make a shortcut to this file on your desktop and double-click it and just answer the questions anytime you need to generate an address!

Code:
@echo off
REM This batch file was written by Scar3cr0w to make using
REM Vanity Gen easier for windows users. Just a small part of giving
REM back to this awesome community.

echo You can always press ctrl+c to stop this script from running.
CALL :GETINPUT
GOTO :EOF

:GETINPUT
set /p Name=Enter your desiered pattern (The leading 1 has been added for you): 1
set /p ConfirmName=Your pattern will begin with 1%name% Is this correct [y/n]?:
if "%ConfirmName%"=="" (GOTO GETINPUT)
if "%ConfirmName%"=="y" (GOTO SOLD) else (GOTO EXIT)

:SOLD
set /p AFH=Is this an address-for-hire generation that requires a public key [y/n]?:
if "%AFH%"=="y" (GOTO GETPUB)
if "%AFH%"=="n" (GOTO STRICTNESS1) else (GOTO EXIT)

:STRICTNESS1
set /p Eieye=Do you require your pattern to be CaSe SenSitvE [y/n]?
if "%Eieye%"=="y" (GOTO CASEYES)
if "%Eieye%"=="n" (GOTO CASENO) else (GOTO EXIT)

:STRICTNESS2
set /p Eieye=Do you require your pattern to be CaSe SenSitvE [y/n]?
if "%Eieye%"=="y" (GOTO CASEYESFH)
if "%Eieye%"=="n" (GOTO CASENOFH) else (GOTO EXIT)

:GETPUB
set /p PubKey=Paste in your Public Key:
(GOTO STRICTNESS2)

:CASEYES
vanitygen64.exe 1%name%
(GOTO EOF)

:CASENO
vanitygen64.exe -i 1%name%
(GOTO EOF)

:CASEYESFH
vanitygen64.exe -P %PubKey% 1%name%
(GOTO EOF)

:CASENOFH
vanitygen64.exe -i -P %PubKey% 1%name%
(GOTO EOF)

:EOF
pause
(GOTO EXIT)

:EXIT
exit

Delete the "64" from lines [36,40,44,48] to use the 32 bit version.

It could be better written but when I first wrote this there was no -P option, and I just hacked it into the existing batch file I had from before, but it still works just fine Smiley
Take it and use it how you wish!
Hope it helps someone!
Sy
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Bounty Detective
Ah more instances...true it will increase the probability of finding the address...

What about those vanitypool - is that still being worked on / open source?
Activity: 546
Tell me in detail how these vanity address work ?

Who: GPU owners
What: Addresses with specific patterns, like names, in them. Refer my signature.
When: Since OP
Where: Your GPU's core and memory chips
Why: Because it looks cool
How: It uses your GPU (or CPU) to randomly generate private keys and their derived public key ("address"), discarding all of them except the ones that match the pattern you've entered. You then import the private key (and hence the address you wanted) into your wallet software.
Activity: 546
Can it utilize multiple GPUs?

Available OpenCL platforms:
0: [Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.] AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing
  0: [Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.] Tahiti
  1: [Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.] Tahiti
  2: [GenuineIntel] Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.80GHz

-d 0,1 didnt work, -d 0 -d 1 neither ^^

Run 2 instances of the command window.

You can open a command window at the correct folder path by Shift+Right clicking a folder in Windows and clicking the hidden menu item: "Open command window here", then use the square in the top left of the window to access copy/paste commands. Keep a document open to edit your command parameters (-d) for your different GPU's. Chances are you'll make lots of adjustments to the commands you use anyway.

Another fun fact, my 7950 seems to be just as fast as my 5850 - around 20 mkey/s

Check the GPU is at 99 or 100% load with something like GPU-z or MSI Afterburner. If it is not, run multiple instances of the command window on the same GPU. This has all been covered in the previous pages of this thread but it's grown a bit too large now.
legendary
Activity: 1212
Merit: 1052
Try something like this: oclvanitygen -D 0:0 -D 0:1 -v -F compressed -d 1 -o matches.txt 1EnJoy

For me it's working. Both cards are working and the hashrate is the sum of them.

A 7950 can work at 24-26Mkeys.
Sy
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Bounty Detective
Can it utilize multiple GPUs?

Available OpenCL platforms:
0: [Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.] AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing
  0: [Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.] Tahiti
  1: [Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.] Tahiti
  2: [GenuineIntel] Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.80GHz

-d 0,1 didnt work, -d 0 -d 1 neither ^^

Another fun fact, my 7950 seems to be just as fast as my 5850 - around 20 mkey/s
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
MTA, ACA
im getting this:

Error loading kernel file 'calc_addrs.cl': No such file or directory

ive been trying out why! any help is appreciated! using my GPU and everything works fine til that point
Jump to: