Pages:
Author

Topic: Vanitygen: Vanity bitcoin address generator/miner [v0.22] - page 70. (Read 1153383 times)

Activity: 843
Merit: 1004
Really good the aplication i pointed 4 servers to the pool to help bit.

Now i have a question

1MPmZ99f52t8cYchJMcD19QqeZnwVo2S8v

I want to bruteforce this btc adress, I own already the private keys but i wanna do some test.

shall i introduce my btc address as pattern and wait for the solution?

Edit:

I wanna create thousands of btc address with vanity but something give me a error

vanitygen 1 -ko test.log

what im doing wrong?

you can't bruteforce the whole string, because of restrictions in the software.
try this: vanitygen -k -o test.log 1
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1528
No I dont escrow anymore.

Now i have a question

I want to bruteforce this btc adress, I own already the private keys but i wanna do some test.

Im not sure if vanitygen would not just give up because the difficulty is too high, but for testing the first 10 exact symbols should be enough.
Activity: 289
Merit: 250

Now i have a question

Edit:

I wanna create thousands of btc address with vanity but something give me a error

vanitygen 1 -ko test.log

what im doing wrong?

Activity: 257
Merit: 250
I downloaded the most recent version from github and tried to install it on my Mac. When I enter the folder and do a 'make' then I got the following error:

pattern.c:32:10: fatal error: 'pcre.h' file not found

Any suggestions?

I'm thinking the missing development header up there "pcre.h"  is in the package pcre
(on my rig i have pcre-8.37).
The PCRE package contains Perl Compatible Regular Expression libraries.
These are useful for implementing regular expression pattern matching using the same
syntax and semantics as Perl 5.

Now - nfi how to get that on a Mac and why thats not on there to begin with(some portability
reason I'm thinking). Maybe a careful observer in here can comment on that.

Its always a good idea to know explicitly whats needed before installing random packages
and sodomizing your rig, so I can't recommend building from source.

Gluck and sorry for the noise.
Activity: 593
Merit: 500
1NoBanksLuJPXf8Sc831fPqjrRpkQPKkEA
I'm assuming you have brew and cmake..and ideally python-pip installed?
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
I downloaded the most recent version from github and tried to install it on my Mac. When I enter the folder and do a 'make' then I got the following error:

pattern.c:32:10: fatal error: 'pcre.h' file not found

Any suggestions?
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1081
I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.
I just got a machine which is supposed to have an Intel GPU onboard.  I was trying to run an ocl program (this is on debian) so I downloaded the beignet package and it seems to install fine.  But when I try oclvanitygen (or other ocl programs I get these messages).

Code:
platform 0: vendor 'Intel'
Failed to release test userptr object! (9) i915 kernel driver may not be sane!
  device 0: 'Intel(R) HD Graphics BroadWell U-Processor GT2'

Any suggestions?  I saw a bug report for the beignet package which referred to this userptr message.  I'm not expert on ocl stuff, but I think some of you guys are.

Activity: 449
Merit: 251
ohw so it only works with -r and not as 1prefix

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
ok why if I put this command in:

oclvanitygen.exe -k -p 1  1-[-_][-_][-_][-_][-_]-[-_]- wherein a - is an uppercase and a _ is a lowercase character (example 1A[Aa][Aa][Aa][Aa][Aa]A[Aa]A)

I get the response:

Invalid character '[' in prefix?

Are you using a special version of oclvanitygen?  Normally you have to use the -r for regular expressions but that only works in vanitygen and not the ocl version.
ie you can't normally use oclvanitygen with regular expressions.
ok why if I put this command in:

oclvanitygen.exe -k -p 1  1-[-_][-_][-_][-_][-_]-[-_]- wherein a - is an uppercase and a _ is a lowercase character (example 1A[Aa][Aa][Aa][Aa][Aa]A[Aa]A)

I get the response:

Invalid character '[' in prefix?

Thanks that helps a lot
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
So another question...

is it possible to run the oclvanitygen and stop and safe it and later continue?

Or are -f -o -s only for the actual found addresses?
It depends a bit on what you would consider a 'save' state.
-f --> input file
The input file of the matches you want to find, if the -k is not used a found match would be scratched of the list.
Restarting would put it back on the list.
-o --> output file
output file, no change here with start/restart. all found matches will be appendend.
-s --> seed file for randomness.
This is a tricky one. The brute force search requires a high entropy source for the EC-Points generation to be truly random.
If you have a system that has a more psuedo random entropy source; i.e. a possiblity to repeat the randomness in a set time,
and you might end up generating the same sequence of addresses all the time.
Using a seed file to bring in more randomess could help here.

Most OS-systems use a combination of randomness like CPU temp, time, HDD temp, HDD head locations etc to generate something true random.
I don't know if this the same case when a GPU is used.
So in a restart, if you are using -s, I would advice to use a different file each time you restart.

(ocl)vanitygen is using OpenSSL's PRNG.
Activity: 89
Merit: 11
So another question...

It depends a bit on what you would consider a 'save' state.
-f --> input file
The input file of the matches you want to find, if the -k is not used a found match would be scratched of the list.
Restarting would put it back on the list.
-o --> output file
output file, no change here with start/restart. all found matches will be appendend.
-s --> seed file for randomness.
This is a tricky one. The brute force search requires a high entropy source for the EC-Points generation to be truly random.
If you have a system that has a more psuedo random entropy source; i.e. a possiblity to repeat the randomness in a set time,
and you might end up generating the same sequence of addresses all the time.
Using a seed file to bring in more randomess could help here.

Most OS-systems use a combination of randomness like CPU temp, time, HDD temp, HDD head locations etc to generate something true random.
I don't know if this the same case when a GPU is used.
So in a restart, if you are using -s, I would advice to use a different file each time you restart.

So another question...

thanks guys.. I didn't read all yet  Roll Eyes and figured it out before checking back here.
Activity: 756
I'm new to this...

What is that 50% in xx time for when generating an address??
it means you'll reach a 50% chance of having your address generated in xx time. for example if it says 50% in 2hours that means your address should take around 4 hours and youll have a 50% chance of having your address in 2hours

You can never reach 100% for sure. Same as mining there is no progress you can make towards the address you are looking for. It just gets increasingly unlikely to not find a solution.
well realistically thats true but in the program doesnt it find the probability of finding that address say 1/40000000 then uses that number to give a percentage meaning it should technically show 100% at 40000000
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1528
No I dont escrow anymore.
I'm new to this...

it means you'll reach a 50% chance of having your address generated in xx time. for example if it says 50% in 2hours that means your address should take around 4 hours and youll have a 50% chance of having your address in 2hours

You can never reach 100% for sure. Same as mining there is no progress you can make towards the address you are looking for. It just gets increasingly unlikely to not find a solution.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
I'm new to this...

It means you have 50% chance of finding an address in those hours.
Activity: 756
I'm new to this...

legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118
Lie down. Have a cookie
My PC is rather slow, could anyone help me out finding a adress with"WaterBTC" in it, or WaterBtc, waterbtc, or something like that.

There are some details missing here.  You need to look into the split-key method for getting someone else to generate you a private key part which doesn't reveal to them the entire private key and which they can share with you in such a way that you can recombine it with your pubkey and private key part.  Basically, you'll need to do a few more steps in order to make sure that you can get a private key which no one else knows.

Or post a request for it on the website and put a generous bounty ^_^
Pages:
Jump to: