Author

Topic: VERITASEUM DISCUSSION THREAD - page 106. (Read 251011 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
July 15, 2017, 01:57:01 PM
sorry guys.

I deleted my post, used to talk on reddit (https://www.reddit.com/user/carrasboy/) ;

I understand if you think its a scam,

but no worries, just wanted to share this because no veritas community exists on reddit.
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
July 15, 2017, 12:13:33 PM
just found this

Beware sketchy as hell links!!!!
I have no idea where those links go, they could be phishing sites or a hacker trying to grab your IP address and find an open port on your computer. Beware!!!!

That post should be deleted. 1st post from that user and immediately a sketchy link? sketchy...

Edit: reported to mods.

@Josef, best to delete the links from your quote, just so no one can click it.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
July 15, 2017, 12:09:22 PM
just found this

http:/

looks like its the same owner of http://

interesting
Beware sketchy as hell links!!!!
I have no idea where those links go, they could be phishing sites or a hacker trying to grab your IP address and find an open port on your computer. Beware!!!!

Edit: check..

PSA:  Also saw that a fake Phishing email going around  supposedly  from MEW= MyEtherWallet saying to upgrade to 2FA going around. It's a scam to get your priv keys.
Activity: 37
July 15, 2017, 12:02:15 PM
Can someone point me to the bounty program post? I have searched this forum and can't seem to find it.

Maybe it should also be on the VERI website and in the OP?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fqs9h0eCZzMN_H97xhodeIBdQWOY2MjHy6Drl9uJH_0/edit?usp=sharing
July 15, 2017, 12:32:13 AM
By being an ERC20 coin VERI could go down with ETH. When ETH gets dumped, all the ERC20 tokens follow the same curve.

Yeah.... I think the rain in Spain stays mainly in the plains.

PSA.. HODL   Grin

Your referring to TEZO's selling ETH?  
Double edge sword...

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
dinkimole nokkalle...
July 14, 2017, 11:59:18 PM
By being an ERC20 coin VERI could go down with ETH. When ETH gets dumped, all the ERC20 tokens follow the same curve.
Activity: 392
Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain
July 14, 2017, 11:55:04 PM
I believe the patent priority is given to "first-to-file".

If so, then Veritaseum has no problem.
Activity: 392
Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain
July 14, 2017, 11:49:20 PM
That's not how it works at Mercatox at all, or on Bittrex or other platforms for other ERC20 tokens. It's a direct transaction.
Just like a farmer on the US/Canada border might sell his crops for USD and CAD and has a price for his crops in both currencies, this is no different.

I would argue in the case of VERI trading, traders consider the price in their local fiat currency as much as anything else.

Yes, indeed those exchanges do direct transaction.

But...
Do you ever realize because of such direct transaction, those exchanges re-introduce the element of trust into the system?
By right, we get into blockchain because of it being trustless.
And those exchanges doing direct transaction is not being trustless, which is one reason why they can lock/freeze/steal their customers' funds.

What I am in favor of is direct transaction in a trustless network.
At the moment we are doing direct transaction in a trust-based network, which contradicts the blockchain.

If Veritas' market cap exceeds eth's and btc's market caps in a trust-based network, then Veritas' market cap is unsustainable and will adjust lower.
If Veritas' market cap exceeds eth's and btc's market caps in a trustless network, then Veritas' market cap is sustainable and can go even higher.
At the moment, as Veritas is an ERC20 token, thus it cannot exceed eth's market cap in a sustainable way.
I know my argument is hard to be accepted, but I believe I am right in this and time will eventually prove I am right.

Edit:
If you set up an exchange to accept USD for VERI, I will need to trust you that you will send me VERI after receiving my USD.
Then you will say, "No need for trust as everything is based on smart contract".
Yes, but your smart contract will be programmed/written to consider BTC/ETH and ETH/VERI to finalize the transaction.
Your smart contract can NEVER be programmed/written to exclude ETH from the equation (if you say it can, that means you are lying).
In such a structure, direct transaction is possible whereby ETH is used as gas only, not currency, but I still need to trust you.
In a structure where trust is not needed (trustless), then ETH will be used both as gas and currency.
For that, Veritas' market cap will remain capped by ETH's market cap.
I hope you are intelligent enough to understand what I wrote.

The only thing that can reduce the risk of trust, is for the exchanges to have Veritas token stockpiled as reserve.
Then ETH will be used as gas only.
Or else if exchanges have no such reserve, then they will be forced to convert USD into ETH and then ETH into VERI, thus ETH being used as gas and currency, limiting Veritas' market cap.
July 14, 2017, 06:28:17 PM
Whats happening to Veritaseum if stock market goes down completely caused by financial crisis? Positiv? negativ?

Positive!  Blockchain autonomous trading.  Where else would you go if the markets were closed, Veritaseum!
Our software platform will help you match with 98+ million others, in all industries looking for that special play. Can't find the workup valuation needed call one of our reps, we specialize in custom deals, and off markets. Don't have access to our Veri token. You can get access from one of approx 1800 rental broker's, by using our rental facility, and state of the art  smart-contracts.  Be your own Hedge Fund or REIT from home or yacht  Grin  Our customers are "VERI-happy"  I put together a 20 mil deal from my bidet in South Hampton and saved a ton in fee's and red tape, cut out the middle $MEN and the deal was fully collateralized on the spot.
Activity: 476
Merit: 251
July 14, 2017, 06:27:57 PM
Whats happening to Veritaseum if stock market goes down completely caused by financial crisis? Positiv? negativ?
Shouldn't have any direct bearing. Exchanges make money on trade volume, not direction.
Activity: 46
July 14, 2017, 06:26:17 PM
July 14, 2017, 05:59:41 PM
Our patent apps predate the Goldman apps, and the Goldman apps cover less area.

In other words we could possibly win $ awards from Goldman Sacs? Isn't this what happen to Apple ? Something like that. Come to think of it all other companies might have to pay to play. That patent could be worth $$  Shocked

By the way if no-one had noticed the multi-prong attack from Fudsters trying to steal some cheap Veri.  HODL  Wink
Activity: 247
July 14, 2017, 04:50:05 PM
Reggie: "Goldman Sachs patent was processed first because they paid for the examination earlier. Our priority date still stands and is earlier than  Goldman’s."

Activity: 56
July 14, 2017, 02:00:44 PM

You don't have a patent, you just filed an application for one (which won't be granted since Goldman Sachs got his). If they decide to take you to court for violation of intellectual property rights, it will take years for the justice to rule out. In the meantime veritaseum will be dead in the water.

That is not true. If some patent predates another then it comes to Prior Art which is pretty easy to prove based on patent submitted dates.

"In the meantime veritaseum will be dead in the water."
In the meantime all crypto currencies will be dead in the water. Is this enough sensational to you?

Love the ignore button.

Smiley Useful feature isn't it? Love it!
Activity: 107
July 14, 2017, 01:41:39 PM
You don't have a patent, you just filed an application for one (which won't be granted since Goldman Sachs got his). If they decide to take you to court for violation of intellectual property rights, it will take years for the justice to rule out. In the meantime veritaseum will be dead in the water.
Trash talking Newbie's can go to the back of the line. Reggie and Veritaseum have an extensive track record that speaks for itself. The recent pullback is still almost 20x the Etheruem ICO price. We are only basing for the next leg higher. The P2P technology works; I've used it. The new services are the impetuous to buy VERI. Get 'em cheap now as we are going to exceed 1-1 Veri/Ether this year.

Anyone else who is unsure of what Veritaseum is should start at the beginning of this thread to catch up.
Activity: 92
July 14, 2017, 01:39:23 PM

That is not true. If some patent predates another then it comes to Prior Art which is pretty easy to prove based on patent submitted dates.

In the meantime all crypto currencies will be dead in the water. Is this enough sensational to you?

Love the ignore button.
Activity: 56
July 14, 2017, 12:45:55 PM

Activity: 53
July 14, 2017, 12:15:08 PM

July 14, 2017, 11:57:24 AM
Can someone point me to the bounty program post? I have searched this forum and can't seem to find it.

Maybe it should also be on the VERI website and in the OP?
July 14, 2017, 11:43:38 AM
Does Mercatox make the BTC:VERI exchange without going thru ETH?
That is, Mercatox does not accept your BTC, exchange BTC for ETH, then exchange ETH for VERI, and give you your VERI?
In other words, Mercatox (and the USD/VERI exchange that you set up) simply accept your BTC (or USD) and gives you VERI without selling BTC (or USD) for ETH and then selling ETH for VERI?
Can you see the process here?
One of them takes just 1 process in a single transaction.
The other takes 3 processes in a single transaction.
If the exchanges can do 1 process per transaction (no 2 internal processes hidden from view), then yes, Veritas' market cap can exceed eth's and go on to compete with bitcoin's.
I can see the possibility, but ethereum's smart contract network would (I speculate) need to incorporate other cryptocurrencies (not erc20 tokens, but standalone cryptocurrencies) into its smart contract structure.
This would require the need for 2 (or more) different blockchains to be able to communicate with each other (using a super protocol) for any transaction between the different cryptocurrencies.
The different blockchains need to be somewhat linked to maintain an overall trustless network, or else we would have to rely on 3rd-party trust.
And if so, is such smart contract structure/super protocol (to include other cryptocurrencies) being done now by ethereum developers?
If not, then I suspect Veritas' market cap (along with other ERC20 tokens' market caps) will remain capped by eth's market cap.

Edit:
At the moment, the price of Veritas is very dependent on eth because we only have ETH:VERI to refer to when trading it.
We don't have BTC:VERI without taking into consideration BTC:ETH and ETH:VERI first.
This may create the confusion to the intellectually uninitiated to interpret my comment to mean that Veritas' value is based on eth, and not on Veritas' business model, but that's not what I mean.
If we take out eth from the equation, how will the market determine the price of Veritas relative to other standalone cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, dash, etc?
If we don't have ETH to refer to, how do we determine BTC:VERI?
We don't.

And of course, Veritas' market cap can still compete with bitcoin's, but only after the flippening whereby ethereum's market cap far exceeds bitcoin's.
Then we can see Veritas' market cap exceed bitcoin's, but not ethereum's.
Because as I keep saying, a fish cannot grow larger than its aquarium.
And if you want to use highway + vehicles as example.... a vehicle cannot grow larger than the highway its on.
You can be smart alec and argue how the vehicle can be innovative/efficient/etc, but you are just missing the point entirely.
That's not how it works at Mercatox at all, or on Bittrex or other platforms for other ERC20 tokens. It's a direct transaction.
Just like a farmer on the US/Canada border might sell his crops for USD and CAD and has a price for his crops in both currencies, this is no different.

I would argue in the case of VERI trading, traders consider the price in their local fiat currency as much as anything else.
Jump to: