Pages:
Author

Topic: Vertcoin - 1 | ASIC - 0 | Lyra2RE | Decentralised | GPU Mineable | Open Source - page 37. (Read 415428 times)

legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
There are no, and will never be any ETH asic.
legendary
Reading this:

https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/6586/we-are-dead-eth-asic-are-out

"We are Dead! - ETH ASIC are out!" - Ethereum forum.

I'm wondering if there is anyway to be ASIC resistant without changing algorithm.
I don't think there is a way, but if the devs are willing to change whenever a Asic gets released for lyra then i don't think they will make asics. Otherwise it will not be very profitable for them lol
It's a pre-order scam.
Activity: 161
Merit: 100
Reading this:

I'm wondering if there is anyway to be ASIC resistant without changing algorithm.
I don't think there is a way, but if the devs are willing to change whenever a Asic gets released for lyra then i don't think they will make asics. Otherwise it will not be very profitable for them lol
Activity: 812
Merit: 500
Reading this:

Yes, I still have my HD 7950's, which have ROI'd many times over.

Thanks VertCoin! Smiley
legendary
Also, Since there's so much  worries about resource management, climate change and  pollution, we should remember ASIC's are specific hardware, with very limited time life. After they become obsolete, its just another piece of crap that doesnt fit anywhere else. W

On the other hand, GPU's can and are being used to mine, work and play. And for my experience, they might last a couple of decades Smiley
Yes, I still have my HD 7950's, which have ROI'd many times over.
Also, Since there's so much  worries about resource management, climate change and  pollution, we should remember ASIC's are specific hardware, with very limited time life. After they become obsolete, its just another piece of crap that doesnt fit anywhere else. W

On the other hand, GPU's can and are being used to mine, work and play. And for my experience, they might last a couple of decades Smiley
legendary
BTW this pump's volume is western on origin (polo), not chinese. So don't expect too much.
legendary
what's going on with VTC?  Is there any news or is this just another random pump thanks to polotrololo?   Does VTC even have an active dev at this point?  
Several active devs . Wallet is being updated

and still ASIC resistant Wink

Can someone explain why ASIC Resistance is so important? I get the concept but why all of a sudden is this significant.

The idea is that you don't need a lot of money to mine . Anyone who has a gpu  can mine ( which is any gamer , or most people with a computer ) Asic's are specialized computer with one purpose ( to mine a specific algo) , they are expensive and can only be used for that purpose. Only a few companies make asics , so coins that use asics are at the mercy of said companies to make asics and better asics every so often .The main problem is that some, if not all asic companies build asics and use them until they pay for them selves and then sell them to the consumer when it's very hard to make ROI on them .
Not to mention the negative effect that all that selling has on a coin's price. The asic owner must sell all mined coins (at first) to ROI. Then he sells the asic (because who would want to be left with a useless machine) to someone else who (tries) to do exactly the same thing as the previous owner (but less sucessfully). Ad infinitum.
Activity: 241
what's going on with VTC?  Is there any news or is this just another random pump thanks to polotrololo?   Does VTC even have an active dev at this point?  

Can someone explain why ASIC Resistance is so important? I get the concept but why all of a sudden is this significant.

The idea is that you don't need a lot of money to mine . Anyone who has a gpu  can mine ( which is any gamer , or most people with a computer ) Asic's are specialized computer with one purpose ( to mine a specific algo) , they are expensive and can only be used for that purpose. Only a few companies make asics , so coins that use asics are at the mercy of said companies to make asics and better asics every so often .The main problem is that some, if not all asic companies build asics and use them until they pay for them selves and then sell them to the consumer when it's very hard to make ROI on them .
Activity: 366
Merit: 250
I'M IN AND READY

7.25-7.5 % share actual supply

Time to get VTC to the place it deserves folks Grin Grin Grin
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
Still need to break and lift off Smiley
Activity: 154
Dapps will be the game changer
Looks like verticoin is going to take off! Nice opportunity to buy and hold for long term. buy right and sit tight! Enjoy the ride!
Activity: 22
Merit: 0

Well, you cant say I didn't told you...
Join the train now, or regret later Wink
Activity: 229

Activity: 29
what's going on with VTC?  Is there any news or is this just another random pump thanks to polotrololo?   Does VTC even have an active dev at this point? 

VTC is gonna boom very soon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VStQKdvVR0

Soon FOMO will begin.
Activity: 241
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004
What is The best pool for mining Vert?

You should benchmark them yourself - naturally, there are VTC mining pools with incredibly fast stratum servers and amazing implementations of the Lyra2re2 algo.

Some mining pools have an inefficiency rate below 0.5% Smiley

You can use this as guide on benchmark methodology applied to mining an algo:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16010443

But my setup not good for mining with 1070... if somebody can help.. thanks

There are lots of opensource ccminer versions avaliable on Github!

There is compiled version for Windows 7 or 8 or 10 for a 1070:

http://cryptomining-blog.com/8059-updated-ccminer-1-8-dev-fork-by-tpruvot-with-faster-lyra2rev2-and-decred/
Or
http://cryptomining-blog.com/7997-windows-binary-of-the-ccminer-1-7-6-r6-fork-with-faster-lyra2re/

Intensity is "-i 23"

There are whole heap of ccminer versions for 1070 and 1080.

Some need you to install Nvidia Cuda 8, you need to register with Nvidia and download and install.

Then, benchmark the mining pools yourself.

Activity: 29
Pages:
Jump to: