Author

Topic: Vertcoin - First Scrypt N | First Stealth Address - Privacy without mixer - page 683. (Read 1232481 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
No GPU ?
i'm out  Undecided

We will start N = 2048. Just let's you know, N = 2048 cannot prevent currently GPUs to mining, but we agree that it will take time to come up with miner software. After the software comes out, we just hope the N will go up enough to prevent GPUs again. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002
Interesting, and I like the fact that this coin comes with something new to the scene.
Looking forward to the launch!
No GPU ?
i'm out  Undecided
Cmon, you have all "Alternate cryptocurrencies" of scrypt shitclones to mine!
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
ready for a botnet attack? it will almost kill da cpu-coin

We have 3 servers located in LA, NY, and Amsterdam. Hope, that's will be enough to handle otherwise we need to seek funding for other servers.
He was probably talking about 51% attack and difficulty rape, not about DDoS'ing your servers.

Oh, I see, for 51% attack, I don't think it will happen during first day or week because currently it doesn't have miners like cpuminer for mining this coin. Only solo mining support. For difficulty rape, I'm still thinking about that but let's see Smiley

We have 3 servers located in LA, NY, and Amsterdam. Hope, that's will be enough to handle otherwise we need to seek funding for other servers.
He was probably talking about 51% attack and difficulty rape, not about DDoS'ing your servers.
kov
Activity: 492
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
i'm interested in this coin. Count me in.

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
what would i need to mine this?
Activity: 742
I'm interested, I'll try that coin!
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
looking forward to it! great to see something that's different.
Activity: 556
Merit: 501
me gusta este proyecto! / i like this project!

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Activity: 672
Activity: 476
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Activity: 124
YACoin is at an N-factor of 14 already and they don't have any problems with scrypt-jane.

I would guess there is something else wrong, as an i5 should be able to manage 4MB of ram without problems.  Don't know what Scrypt-Adaptive-Nfactor is though.

Try one of the YAC miners from here, and see if it works:  http://yacointalk.com/index.php?topic=264.0
Activity: 308
I say start with 11.  Don't set a specific date for moving to 12+, just do a forced update for the client at a specific block when it looks like ASICs are going to catch up. 
How much physical memory do you have on the i-5 that segmentation faulted?

Does N-Factor=12 or N-Factor=13 work properly?

I tested with N-Factor=4, 9 and 10. it works normally. Right now still testing with N-Factor = 12.

I am testing on VM. My VM has RAM 8 GB. My laptop has 16 GB.

L1 Cache Size   128 KB
L2 Cache Size   512 KB
L3 Cache Size   3 MB
Jump to: