Author

Topic: Vertcoin - First Scrypt N | First Stealth Address - Privacy without mixer - page 681. (Read 1232481 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
linux too?

I will provide code to you and let qmake & make by yourself Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
Mining is now a solo Is there any other settings to start is setgenerate true ?
i have i5 3570K Wink

just "setgenerate true -1" is enough Smiley
Activity: 140
Mining is now a solo Is there any other settings to start is setgenerate true ?
i have i5 3570K Wink
Activity: 308
you should release encrypted wallet rar before launch..  makes it easier to prevent DDoS and such.  also include mining instructions
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008
Forget-about-it
Hah fair enough-ish  Roll Eyes  Grin
USA = asleep at 9a GMT

correct, what wrong with that haha  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008
Forget-about-it
USA = asleep at 9a GMT
Launch at 4AM EST? Now I have to stay up late tonight. Why couldn't you have just done another scrypt/SHA copy and paste job? Then I could have gone to bed without thinking twice.

Seriously though, thanks for putting some effort behind your coin.

Thank you, I think you live at same time windows as me Smiley
Activity: 148
GPU or CPU mining ?
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Launch at 4AM EST? Now I have to stay up late tonight. Why couldn't you have just done another scrypt/SHA copy and paste job? Then I could have gone to bed without thinking twice.

Seriously though, thanks for putting some effort behind your coin.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!
so you can only mine it through your wallet?

Right now, correct. I'm waiting someone like you Smiley to implement miner .... please help us.

I wish I could. Wallet mining would be ok though, atleast its something different. Smiley
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Hi,

sound's interessint!

Could you compile a WinXP32 Wallet too, please?

THX
coinNibbler

Right now, correct. I'm waiting someone like you Smiley to implement miner .... please help us.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!
ok nice Smiley And why do you choose 2048 instead of 4096? i mean to me it seems it will be easy for cpus and even harder for gpus. what is the reasoning of the choice? I am asking only to understand! no criticism.

Simple answer is people voted this number from here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/what-is-begining-of-n-number-we-sould-pickup-for-vertcoin-406031

My intention in the first time is N=32768, but my core-i5 cannot mine !! even compile takes like whole day.

legendary
getmonero.org
ok nice Smiley And why do you choose 2048 instead of 4096? i mean to me it seems it will be easy for cpus and even harder for gpus. what is the reasoning of the choice? I am asking only to understand! no criticism.
I dont understand what algo this coin is. It is scrypt but made this way so that GPUs cant mine it at least for a while?

Usually, local memory per thread in GPUs is limited let's say 32 kB. In this case, if you are using GPUs for mining, absolutely you can mine the coin but the performance will drop because you need to access share memory which require time more than local memory to access. So technically, we don't prevent GPUs, but GPUs mining are not worth to mine.
 Grin
legendary
getmonero.org
I dont understand what algo this coin is. It is scrypt but made this way so that GPUs cant mine it at least for a while?
Activity: 308
Really psyched about this coin..  Low premining, ASIC immune, GPU resistant..  If we can get some good promotion for this, it'll be huge.
Jump to: