Pages:
Author

Topic: Vertcoin or Darkcoin, which one to mine? - page 2. (Read 5200 times)

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090
=== NODE IS OK! ==
First, quit wasting time in my topic with your bitch fighting.

I tried getting set up with sgminer 4.1.0 to mine DRK, but it doesn't go, the list of files isn't the same as CGminer, and I didn't even see a config file in it to put my settings in.

Link to a download that has everything needed in one link?

And the damn pool I tried getting set up in only emails me the unlock links when it feels like it, which is very annoying.

So you wanted to ask "how to setup DRK mining". Please don't waste our time by starting topics with misleading names. Thank you!
Activity: 955
Merit: 1004
First, quit wasting time in my topic with your bitch fighting.

I tried getting set up with sgminer 4.1.0 to mine DRK, but it doesn't go, the list of files isn't the same as CGminer, and I didn't even see a config file in it to put my settings in.

Link to a download that has everything needed in one link?

And the damn pool I tried getting set up in only emails me the unlock links when it feels like it, which is very annoying.
sgk
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
!! HODL !!
How about a middle approach?

Calculate profitability vs BTC for both coins. At present VERT is more profitable. Now lets assume VERT mining gives you 0.2 BTC a month and Dark gives you 0.15 BTC a month.

So mine VERT, keep 0.15 BTC worth of VERT and sell 0.05 BTC worth of VERT for Dark.
Now you have both VERT and Dark. But you also did not lose those 0.05 worth of profitability (if you were to mine Dark).
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090
=== NODE IS OK! ==
DarkCoin for now, only because of the energy efficiency (read: mining software inefficiency)
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
supporters attacking each other's coin.thats not funny.
Activity: 141
Merit: 100
I haven't mined any of those coins but when I you want to sell them I would go for vertcoin, when you want to hold them I'd pick darkcoin. Vertcoin uses 2x as much watts and cards run way hotter. That is just an assumption based on my mining experience with n-factor & x11(hiro)
I'm going to mine a few DRK too in near future, I loved x11 on hiro.
I never understood whats special about vertcoin other than n-factor which makes no sense for me.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
How about mining them booth one for vertcoin other for darkcoin. My best friend done this uses two machines one is mining vert other dark. At first told him that he is nuts, but while i read on forum gotta admit he was right.
Activity: 742
Merit: 501

I AM STOOOOPIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Thank for making pictures for me when you cannot disagree with the truth about your supporting coin.

You are welcome.

lol, Darkcoin fan usually does like this. I see..

Activity: 140

Thank for making pictures for me when you cannot disagree with the truth about your supporting coin.

You are welcome.

lol, Darkcoin fan usually does like this. I see..

You are welcome.

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
My personal feeling is more like a Vertcoin.

1. Anonymous : BS, it is just bitcoin + coinjoin
2. ASIC resistant : BS, X11 are not ASIC resistant at all, even the Darkcoin dev said so
3. No premine : BS, Actually is instamine  13.8%. take a look at below

#1: It is NOT just coinjoin + bitcoin, it was completely written from scratch.

#2: The dev DOES say its ASIC resistant, its going to be difficult to product an ASIC for X11, but eventually it will be done.

#3: There was NO premine, it was announced when mining would start and there were quite a few miners, you can look at the largest wallets at the new block explorer: http://chainz.cryptoid.info/drk/  and click on "Rich List" the largest wallet is holding ~144kDRK. Not to say that someone COULD have mutiple wallets. But the percentage for the coins are about the same at bitcoin or litecoin as far as who has the most coins.

Third : There was NO premine, I said instamine NOT premine, are you with me ? do you know the different between "instamine" and "premine" right ?

Here if you don't understand what's instamine.

When the coin is designed to yield a huge instamine that is exactly like a premine.

If darkcoin had had constant block size as they are now there would only been 776,525 coins. But the total coins is actually 3,829,439. That mean that of all the existing darkcoins 79,9% is instamined. And after what i have read they are going to reduce max coins to 22 million. That mean that darkcoin in reality got an instamine of 13,8%.

The fact that it is designed that way and that "everyone" could have mined it don't matter. It is designed as a scam, and a get rich quick scheme. Very good branding, but technically flawed. There is no doubt that this is a scam.
sgk
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
!! HODL !!
I personally prefer DarkCoin due to its anonymous blockchain (yes, I have read about the anonymity method, discussed it and I believe in it, so I wouldn't debate it again here). And I live in warm climate, so it is a benefit that my GPUs run much cooler with X11 algo.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000
Third,
Do you know x11 is not ASIC resistant, the dev also said right >>>
Quote from: eduffield on March 27, 2014, 05:30:54 PM
The whole point of X11 is to try and get the same network growth cycle as Bitcoin. Once Darkcoin is worth enough, people will invest the capital to create the ASICs. I never really had an issue with that, in fact that was the point of creating a new hashing algorithm, I think it will be healthy in the end to move to ASICs.

Again you are correct!

If X11 becomes big enough someone will eventually spend the money, ALOT OF IT, to develop an ASIC. But you cannot take any existing ASIC or any ASIC currently in development that can do X11. Its ASIC resistant to the point where you cant just create one chip to for each of the 11 algorithms like the current ones available, so its going to be 11 times harder than what is currently available. So it IS resistant as it will most likely be harder to create an ASIC.

The developer ALSO completely rewritten KGW to create a new system DarkGravityWave that reduces/eliminates several exploits that KGW is susceptible to, and made it open source for any other coin to use.

He doesn't want to be bothered with facts, he only wants to repeat "x11 is not ASIC resistant". We already gave him a full course on his other thread.
You CAN actually send anonymous darkcoin NOW, using the beta wallet. Still doing upgrades but it is functional NOW!

Let's me clear this first, you said "It is NOT just coinjoin + bitcoin" >>>> but your dev said "Anonymous blockchain using coinjoin technology: Still In Progress" so ??

You know there are wonderful things you can do with a brain : use a technology, develop it further, be inspired by it. That does not mean that the final product is the same.

Haha, I know, at least, you know it has idea from CoinJoin which has flaw in the design.
Activity: 154
Third,
Do you know x11 is not ASIC resistant, the dev also said right >>>
Quote from: eduffield on March 27, 2014, 05:30:54 PM
The whole point of X11 is to try and get the same network growth cycle as Bitcoin. Once Darkcoin is worth enough, people will invest the capital to create the ASICs. I never really had an issue with that, in fact that was the point of creating a new hashing algorithm, I think it will be healthy in the end to move to ASICs.

Again you are correct!

If X11 becomes big enough someone will eventually spend the money, ALOT OF IT, to develop an ASIC. But you cannot take any existing ASIC or any ASIC currently in development that can do X11. Its ASIC resistant to the point where you cant just create one chip to for each of the 11 algorithms like the current ones available, so its going to be 11 times harder than what is currently available. So it IS resistant as it will most likely be harder to create an ASIC.

The developer ALSO completely rewritten KGW to create a new system DarkGravityWave that reduces/eliminates several exploits that KGW is susceptible to, and made it open source for any other coin to use.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000
You CAN actually send anonymous darkcoin NOW, using the beta wallet. Still doing upgrades but it is functional NOW!

Let's me clear this first, you said "It is NOT just coinjoin + bitcoin" >>>> but your dev said "Anonymous blockchain using coinjoin technology: Still In Progress" so ??

You know there are wonderful things you can do with a brain : use a technology, develop it further, be inspired by it. That does not mean that the final product is the same.
I POST STUPID POSTS IN RED AND I LIKE IT

Pages:
Jump to: