Pages:
Author

Topic: [VERTCOIN][POOL]~VTC's 1st PPS Pool|2% fee|ProjectXPPS.com|1 VTC Block Bonus!~ - page 3. (Read 6298 times)

CWH
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Hi again Marty,
My miner seems to be happy swimming in your VTC pool Wink  Over the last 15 hours I'm averaging about .25 VTC per hour.  I've read that you really shouldn't evaluate VTC by the hour, a longer time sample is needed to get a more accurate indication of your miner/pool performance... but I only got hours at this point.  I will be running for days so we'll see if the numbers improve.  At this rate I'll be making 6 VTC/day, at the current exchange rates (VTC 0.00276, BTC 567) that would be $9.38 USD.  Unfortunately I live in LA, so power is a little spendy... my rig is running 4 Gigabyte r280x GPUS (undervolted) consuming a total of 1100w... which costs me about $4.42/day.  So currently, if I cash in as I go, I'll be raking in $5/day Smiley  Hey, if I found a $5 bill on the ground everyday I'd pick it up and feel lucky!  I would guess most people are hording their VTC in hopes the value skyrockets, but I'm trying to get ROI first.

You new webpage is looking pretty fancy.  I like that it's now different than all the other VTC pools.

Question about the Stats Graph:
Are the plotted data points the average of the hashrate over the last hour, or just what the hashrate happened to be at the sample time?

Suggestion for the Stats Graph:
The Both graph is not really useful as the pools hasharte is so much larger than mine, it fits the height to the pool max, and my hashrate is basically a straight line at the bottom.  Would it be possible to simply overlay the two graphs (with their original scales) in the Both mode so you can compare peaks and valleys?  Sure the units would be confusing, but in the Both mode your really looking at how the graphs compare and you can always switch back to individual graphs to inspect the unit values.

Comment on the Overview>Round Information:
Looks like the VTC 24 Hours Estimated Earnings is just a duplicate of the Hourly

Question on Miner Performance:
Is 1400kh/s average good for a rig of four r280x GPUs... or is there room for improvement with further tweaking?

Now if I could just find a block...
Activity: 742
Merit: 503
Block Bonus Grand Finale - 10 VTC Very Limited Time
Hi CHW,

Awesome post! 

A strong community is what I want as well.   Plus,  transparency very important too.

For server performance,  I run multiple monitors to make sure we are within our resources.  We need to scale out at around 250 mhs given our current bandwidth needs.  Hardware is well enough,  but stratum node redundancy, and a dev site are needed to keep the pool up forever.... And enough VTC to pay out on the looooong blocks.  ;-)

Keep us posted on how it going. 

Thank you,
Marty
CWH
Activity: 10
Hi Marty,
Just joined your pool this morning and so far I'm impressed!   Not necessarily by the pool's performance (yet... I only just started) but more by the communication you offer here on the forum and on your pool's dashboard.

I started mining back in November and learned early on that coin switching would consume my life.  That's when I found Middlecoin... at the time a growing multipool with good payout and a community.  Unfortunately the pool operator was not very forthcoming with information and left his miners in the dark more often than not.  Looking around, I found another up-and-coming Multipool called Wafflepool.  This one looked really good in that the operator was totally responsive, active on the forums and actually seemed to care about keeping his miners in the loop.  However, fearing the Gridseed... I decided to explore VTC and other asic-resistant coins.  I've been having difficulty finding a good community for VTC... like what we had over on Wafflepool.  I joined a few pools to keep my miners busy, and the first few days it was about 4x what I was making on Waffle Smiley  Then things started to slow down... I tried to contact the pool owner but there was no forum and they never replied to email Sad  A second pool I mined for just disappeared with my coins... so I've been investigating p2pool and running my own server to connect to... but the research has been slow.

So... all this to say, I'm encouraged by the possibilities it appears your pool will offer. 

Let's find some blocks!!  Wink

I will join once I can find a detailed step by step guild for linux to walk me through it, don't want to have my rig down for anything longer than 30 minutes. Please post on here if anyone finds one.

https://vertcoin.org/Ubuntu13-10_headless_howto.html
Promo: Let's race to the top of vertcoin.com ~1 Block Bonus~

Update 19 VTC Left
Restart your browser and try again.  That should work...  LMK if it didn't...  Thanks!!!

Update:
Chinese support: available and further marketing in China to come... 提供中文客服服务 将在中国进行推广

Also, a new poll up here
Activity: 490
Merit: 251
I am getting token expired when I try to sign up.
Cool, I appreciate the feedback.  Thanks Bro!
Activity: 172
Merit: 100
can we have mail notification if worker went idle ? i dont know if this feature is in pool software or not, i have seeen it in some pools and its nice one ( when rig stucks or something we can get almost immediately notification in our mail Smiley )

I looked through the setting and verified that it IS enabled for the pool.  However, I turned it off personally when we had those network problems, since was getting killed in IDLE emails.  So, I turned it back on and I am now waiting for a worker to notify me.  

It should not have been disabled pool wide based on the config, however, I wonder if anyone else is having this issue?

Update: IDLE notices are working for me.  Layyen?
Activity: 172
can we have mail notification if worker went idle ? i dont know if this feature is in pool software or not, i have seeen it in some pools and its nice one ( when rig stucks or something we can get almost immediately notification in our mail Smiley )
75VTC paid out to miners as a block bonus, adding some fun to plain old PPS pools.Thanks all!!  Glad to offer it with the help of donations.
This pool works just fine. Payments are quick and ok. Its interface too works well. Good job.

Thanks, Bro!

Hi Martychubbs and others.

I have just joined your pool - I own some BTC but have never mined anything.  I am just running cgminer off my laptop.  Laptop runs Intel Core i7-2670 CPU @ 2.2ghz.  RAM = 8GB.  Any idea what I should put for my t (thread?) count?  I am currently using 8 and getting 8-12 kH/s which is not getting me very far.  If I wanted to mine some more Vert, with the option of mining other alts, what sort of equipment should I be looking to purchase?  What calculator should I use to see if other options make sense? 

Thanks for the help.

LesCow

At current N-Factor of 2048, any litecoin hardware comparison guide would be a great place to start.  Your vertcoin results will be 40-50% of the LTC performance for that particular hardware.  And remember, the dev team will actively try keep the coin CPU and GPU only.  Once ASIC is available for scrypt, there is no going back.  All LTC or "scrypt" clones will be move from GPU to ASIC and those miners will move their GPU's to Vertcoin...so we hope ;-)

Furthermore, thank you for mining.  I have set the vdiff very low to make sure you get a share in every block and a chance at the block bonus.

http://www.verters.com/vertcoin-mining-calculator

http://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/vertcoin-mining-calculator

http://www.verters.com/vertcoin-hardware-list

Personally, I find the R9 280x the best card for mining.  We have many 7850's, 7950's, 7970's, R9 270x's, 280x's and 290x's.  290x's are hard to work with but kick ass if you can get a bunch of them at a great price.  We bought a bunch when they first came out and LTC was like $2. Now, 290x's are hard to find or available at a premium.

Also, this guy Jarred Walton  http://www.holynerdvana.com/2014_02_01_archive.html turned me on to VTC when difficulty was like 20...He does awesome work and I credit him for turning me on to Vertcoin.

I will join once I can find a detailed step by step guild for linux to walk me through it, don't want to have my rig down for anything longer than 30 minutes. Please post on here if anyone finds one.

I am not sure of your familiarity with gpu mining on Linux, however, here is the source https://github.com/Bufius/vertminer-gpu

I'll look more for you later...  Also, we can hop on IRC too on the webchat on the pool. 

UPDATE: I raised the tx fee for all payouts to 0.01 VTC.  If that bug, then raise your payout threshold.  Trying to not charge a pool fee.  Plus, block bonus is now 2 VTC.

legendary
Activity: 2996
Merit: 1752
Hi Martychubbs and others.

I have just joined your pool - I own some BTC but have never mined anything.  I am just running cgminer off my laptop.  Laptop runs Intel Core i7-2670 CPU @ 2.2ghz.  RAM = 8GB.  Any idea what I should put for my t (thread?) count?  I am currently using 8 and getting 8-12 kH/s which is not getting me very far.  If I wanted to mine some more Vert, with the option of mining other alts, what sort of equipment should I be looking to purchase?  What calculator should I use to see if other options make sense? 

Thanks for the help.

LesCow
Activity: 55
Activity: 3
This pool works just fine. Payments are quick and ok. Its interface too works well. Good job.
I usually don't have issues with it. Not sure why the confirmation email didn't go through. That being said, I'd really wish MPOS gets changed to just use a payout address and avoid the registration altogether. I mean imagine the number of times a miner would have to go through this process verbatim everytime a new coin comes out!

Going through daily and unlocking accounts buggs me too.  I am just afraid that disabling 2 factor authentication might allow a hacker to operate on a miners account without notice.

I may have locked our servers down too much, but I don't want to loose the trust of the community with a hack due to lax security or negligence.  Also, since vtc.kilovolt.co.uk was hacked, pool ops enabled SSL and 2 factor as a standard...

SSL will be forced once I buy another cert compatible with cloudflare.  In the meantime, just ensure that you're using https://vtc.projectxpps.com to access the pool.  It's more for your security than mine.
Activity: 230
I usually don't have issues with it. Not sure why the confirmation email didn't go through. That being said, I'd really wish MPOS gets changed to just use a payout address and avoid the registration altogether. I mean imagine the number of times a miner would have to go through this process verbatim everytime a new coin comes out!
I was going to give this pool a try but your email confirmation doesn't work. It's annoying enough that I have to register on yet another MPOS-based pool.

I wish i knew why you aren't getting emails,  cause it works for myself and apparently others.   2 factor authentication is helpful when it works. Do you regularly have an issue with MPOS emails?
Pages:
Jump to: