Pages:
Author

Topic: Very strange most people like to buy with bitcoin , but using altcoins very few - page 8. (Read 1286 times)

Activity: 2240
Merit: 270
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
I don't think there is anything strange about it, because BTC is widely accepted and you know that. Even you, it's more likely that the first cryptocurrency you used was BTC, so it shouldn't be a surprise. We didn't know about these altcoins before, BTC was first and it was like the main thing that is called cryptocurrency. If you go out there, even people that don't make use of Bitcoin, if you ask them questions like - do you know what is called cryptocurrency? They will answer you Bitcoin and not Ethereum, not Bitcoin Cash, not even ripple or any other. That's not going to change easily, it's just how it is.

Bitcoin is widely accepted and that's what everybody wants to use. Just like you, all the people I have worked with only want to make payment with Bitcoin. I'm still looking for ways to test out other cryptocurrencies like Ethereum and see how they work, but nobody needs them.
After the acceptability of bitcoin is the trust the coin. Trust in the safety of transaction, in the size of community and the system as a whole with soft disposition to bitcoin in particular by governments. The next in this line will be the stable coin and seeing government support in stable coin especially in USD value could scale up in few years from now.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 611
I don't think there is anything strange about it, because BTC is widely accepted and you know that. Even you, it's more likely that the first cryptocurrency you used was BTC, so it shouldn't be a surprise. We didn't know about these altcoins before, BTC was first and it was like the main thing that is called cryptocurrency. If you go out there, even people that don't make use of Bitcoin, if you ask them questions like - do you know what is called cryptocurrency? They will answer you Bitcoin and not Ethereum, not Bitcoin Cash, not even ripple or any other. That's not going to change easily, it's just how it is.

Bitcoin is widely accepted and that's what everybody wants to use. Just like you, all the people I have worked with only want to make payment with Bitcoin. I'm still looking for ways to test out other cryptocurrencies like Ethereum and see how they work, but nobody needs them.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483
Very strange thing i noticed: most people like to buy with bitcoin , but using altcoins very few

I think all clients i had from bitcointalk prefer to use bitcoin to buy services / products they needed ...

Not a single client that i had until now used altcoins like ethereum ,litecoin etc or tokens like usdt,usdc ....

Why do you think people don't like to use altcoins to buy things on the internet ?

for an asset to be used as a means of exchange, it needs to achieve widespread acceptance. bitcoin is the currency of the internet---no altcoin has come close to its levels of acceptance and liquidity. years of entrenchment have only further reinforced this dynamic.

bitpay's dominance as a payment processor probably played a role as well. they only began supporting ETH and stablecoins in the past several months.

i don't like to hold altcoins myself. i may trade them from time to time but i treat them like hot potatoes. i tend to spend bitcoin because it's what i actually own.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
Btc is probably one of the most secure and has had the longest track record for security. It also has a fairly large development pool as well as a lot of people thinking the good parts of other coins will come to bitcoin... Its pretty stable in price too compared with alts and a bit more trusted to remain at the same price over long periods of time (it'll still be worth more than alts for at least a few months which we can be pretty confident about).

I think the trade off in fees is worth it for the security, availability and speed if things are bought for delivery or bought over the ln.
Activity: 658
Merit: 257
Very strange thing i noticed: most people like to buy with bitcoin , but using altcoins very few

I think all clients i had from bitcointalk prefer to use bitcoin to buy services / products they needed ...

Not a single client that i had until now used altcoins like ethereum ,litecoin etc or tokens like usdt,usdc ....

Why do you think people don't like to use altcoins to buy things on the internet ?

Pages:
Jump to: