Pages:
Author

Topic: Video Footage Of Cop Executing Dillon Taylor Released - page 2. (Read 2153 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Cops in the US seem to be way too trigger happy. Seems like every week there's another murder by some power-crazed redneck cop.

Another innocent person murdered simply because he had his hands in his pocket.

All it takes is for you to have your hands in your pocket and if you don't respond to the officer within 2-3 seconds they will kill you.

And they will get away with it.

This country holds cops to the same standard as trained monkeys, apparently.

If you're lucky you might just get tazered...
Activity: 504

All it takes is for you to have your hands in your pocket and if you don't respond to the officer within 2-3 seconds they will kill you.

are you kidding? he wasn't just walking with his hands in his pockets. he put them into his pockets, turned around and took them out.  cops need to think in a split second, or he could have been dead, and potentially others that were in that parking lot.  yes its unfortunate, but put yourself in that situation. I'm sure hes seen 100 other situations like that where someone DID have a gun in their belt.  Dont say you wouldnt have done the same thing.

Bullshit. The cop coulda waited half a second to see if there was a gun in his hand or not. Blindly MURDERING the kid for NO REASON was completely unnecessary.

He had headphones in, he couldn't clearly hear the officers. So now turning around to face an officer when you just realized they were talking to you and then taking your hands out of your pockets so you can talk to them warrants a death sentence? Haha... God Bless America.

The copper should be in jail or at-least barred from ever being a cop again.

a split second would have been too long.  the kid saw the cop pull up, and decided to play games. yes its sad, but he acted stupidly to try to play games with a cop.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
This is a shame.
legendary
Activity: 992
Merit: 1000

are you kidding? he wasn't just walking with his hands in his pockets. he put them into his pockets, turned around and took them out.  cops need to think in a split second, or he could have been dead, and potentially others that were in that parking lot.  yes its unfortunate, but put yourself in that situation. I'm sure hes seen 100 other situations like that where someone DID have a gun in their belt.  Dont say you wouldnt have done the same thing.

Bullshit. The cop coulda waited half a second to see if there was a gun in his hand or not. Blindly MURDERING the kid for NO REASON was completely unnecessary.

He had headphones in, he couldn't clearly hear the officers. So now turning around to face an officer when you just realized they were talking to you and then taking your hands out of your pockets so you can talk to them warrants a death sentence? Haha... God Bless America.

The copper should be in jail or at-least barred from ever being a cop again.

legendary
Activity: 992
Merit: 1000

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
That did NOT look justified. He did not obey police instructions and I assume the officer thought he was clutching a gun at his waist, but you can't just shoot someone for that.

so should the cop have risked his life and waited another second to see if there was a gun or not?  I mean I'm not all for the police being justified in every shooting, but when someone is walking away, then puts their hands into their pockets, cops expect a weapon to come out.  Obviously in hindsight he could have taken cover behind a car, then continued making his commands, but he didn't.

I'm sympathetic, my Dad was a cop. But, yes, he needs to risk his life and wait. I carry every day and the law is the same for me. I can only shoot if it is reasonable to think that my life is in immediate danger. Just because someone is non-compliant does not rise to this standard. He needs to see a gun or hear a threat to his life from the suspect.
Of course it was not an execution of any kind. It was a scared man who shot another man based on his fear. If you or I had done this we would be convicted of murder. There is no exemption for being a cop. You made the right call when you suggested he take cover.
That did NOT look justified. He did not obey police instructions and I assume the officer thought he was clutching a gun at his waist, but you can't just shoot someone for that.

so should the cop have risked his life and waited another second to see if there was a gun or not?  I mean I'm not all for the police being justified in every shooting, but when someone is walking away, then puts their hands into their pockets, cops expect a weapon to come out.  Obviously in hindsight he could have taken cover behind a car, then continued making his commands, but he didn't.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
Activity: 141
Merit: 100
Today the Salt Lake City District Attorney ruled that the shooting death of 20-year-old Dillon Taylor was justified. Taylor was on his way to visit his mother’s grave, along with his cousin, Adam Thayne and his brother, Jerrail Taylor, just moments before a group of cops rolled into the parking lot on August 11, 2014. Both Taylor’s brother and cousin say he was wearing headphones.

Police claim that they stopped the three young men because of a 911 call about someone waving a gun around. They also claim that Taylor matched the description given during that call. Taylor did not have a gun on him, and no gun was ever recovered from the area of the shooting. According to the St. Louis Tribune, the caller told 911 dispatch:

“Some gangbangers” walking near 200 East and 1900 South had “flashed” a gun.

“They’re obviously looking for trouble, just the way they look.”

That caller is eerily similar to the caller that reported a black man, John Crawford, with a gun in Walmart. Crawford was purchasing an air rifle from the store. That 911 call led to his death; another shooting that was found “justified” by a system that seems to have lost all sense of right and wrong.

In the video you can see police approaching the three young men in the parking lot of the convenience store where Taylor was shot. It’s clear from the video that both Thayne and Jerrail Taylor heard and saw the police, and responded accordingly. Although there is no sound in the beginning of the video, both men put their hands up, apparently following a police directive.

Dillon Taylor continued walking at a normal pace, consistent with someone who did not realize that there was a cop behind him, pointing a gun at his back.

Here’s the video from the officer’s body cam, via KUFRNEWS:

*warning this video contains graphic images
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ejrxHwvJCE
Pages:
Jump to: