Pages:
Author

Topic: Viewing TRUST when not logged in - page 5. (Read 1721 times)

legendary
Activity: 1919
Merit: 1230
AKA Ms-overzealous-condecsending-explitive-account
January 21, 2019, 04:05:15 PM
Yes, but many of these people now invite you to discuss the trade offsite like at telegram or discord.

Exactly.  They either use SELLY or one of those other "auto-buy" sites or send you to Telegram or whatever  anyway.  Especially as a Newbie communicating on here it is very slow due to posting limits. They are going to scam you whether or not you see the trust but why be part of the problem, why not try and lessen it?
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827
January 21, 2019, 12:18:52 AM
I don't know why, but I was under the impression that the decision to disallow guests from viewing feedback had something to do with cases where an employer or something is doing a google search on a potential employee, and ends up here, "Biggest Shitboi on forum, Skemmd my Grandmum for 5,000 BTC", "Guy sucks, l0l" etc feedback.

Again, I don't know if thats correct but something is telling me that was a consideration, though I don't have a source. The obvious hole that sticks out in my mind, is that there are only a handful of people here who used their real names, or have published their real names. I can't shake the suspicion that trust was only meant to be a factor in sections where it might possibly matter, and between members who are at risk of doing some sort of trade, at least partially for that reason. I don't think that conducting business with guest users was a consideration. How would you exchange PMs arranging a trade without an account?

Yes, but many of these people now invite you to discuss the trade offsite like at telegram or discord.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
January 21, 2019, 12:11:21 AM
I don't know why, but I was under the impression that the decision to disallow guests from viewing feedback had something to do with cases where an employer or something is doing a google search on a potential employee, and ends up here, "Biggest Shitboi on forum, Skemmd my Grandmum for 5,000 BTC", "Guy sucks, l0l" etc feedback.

Again, I don't know if thats correct but something is telling me that was a consideration, though I don't have a source. The obvious hole that sticks out in my mind, is that there are only a handful of people here who used their real names, or have published their real names. I can't shake the suspicion that trust was only meant to be a factor in sections where it might possibly matter, and between members who are at risk of doing some sort of trade, at least partially for that reason. I don't think that conducting business with guest users was a consideration. How would you exchange PMs arranging a trade without an account?
legendary
January 21, 2019, 12:01:08 AM
Changeable decision.

And I want to insist on my suggestion regarding trust: guest should see some trust.

The main reason that I went for [the DT1 modification] rather than forcing custom lists is that I would like to show some trust indicator to guests. But before doing that, I want to see whether these modifications can actually be made to work. If not, then I may go to the force-custom-lists solution, and that's incompatible with guests seeing any trust indicators.

Thanks, that sounds like something MAY be in the works (or not!).  It's a shame how this lack of viewable rep is causing many unsuspecting fools to throw away their money.  Maybe another possibility might be a "first logon warning" or  better yet a banner in big red 20 point bold type in any of the for sale forums reminding people of the advantages of joining.   
Activity: 2016
Merit: 531
FREE passive income eBook @ tinyurl.com/PIA10
January 20, 2019, 11:53:40 PM
I agree. At least show some trust which the rest are unlocked after creating an account.
copper member
Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504
Spear the bees
January 20, 2019, 11:15:11 PM
Changeable decision.

And I want to insist on my suggestion regarding trust: guest should see some trust.

The main reason that I went for [the DT1 modification] rather than forcing custom lists is that I would like to show some trust indicator to guests. But before doing that, I want to see whether these modifications can actually be made to work. If not, then I may go to the force-custom-lists solution, and that's incompatible with guests seeing any trust indicators.
legendary
January 20, 2019, 09:55:25 PM
I know this has been discussed before but I think a newbie user who found this forum on a Google search needs to be able to see a users trust BEFORE creating an account.  I'm not trying to convince anyone because the topic has been discussed but am curious to know if this is a system (application) limitation or a changeable decision by the owners/mods of this forum.  Mainly referring to any sections where any item is put up for sale be it physical or digital.

Pages:
Jump to: