Pages:
Author

Topic: Virtron is a scammer, How to stop scammers on this site? - page 4. (Read 4675 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Thanks, I will try BTCrow next time.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1002
Are there really no good ways to buy goods with bitcoins?  Is this not a huge flaw in the system? I have bitcoins, I want to use them... I cant... Why am I doing this again?

I know you are trying to bash Andrew Bitcoiner, but what you are repeating doesn't make sense. There are several online shops and services that accept Bitcoin for starters. Check out https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Trade . (EDIT: Check out escrow services there. I've only used ClearCoin but I think using BTCrow is pretty safe if we aren't talking about an extreme amount.)

I have traded with people I know from forums using other methods as well, it's always a risk, especially if the person you're trading with is not known to anyone. If it's bank wire, the buyer takes the risk, if it's paypal it's the seller.
So it seems your service will not help this sorta of thing...   Well thanks for trying to hijack my thread and promote yours. Anyone have any helpful and useful ideas other than http://btcrow.com/ ?
Activity: 396
Merit: 250
Send correspondance to GPG key A372E7C6

really guys?  I run reputable bitcoin businesses you could of sent your bitcoins to but you chose to send money to people you don't know and have no way of getting compensated for? 

People like you are why so many people are getting scammed here.

So what is this business that is so reputable? You website is under construction and no, I wont get involved in anyone related to gambling.

I fixed the profile url's if that is what you are referring to and no they are not under construction a couple are in beta but code complete.

It is helpful that your link now works. Can you point to a thread where people have used this and have commented on it? Should not be hard to do if it is reputable. Also I don't see how this would have helped us. You would have sent him the money before he shipped it to me right? I am I missing something?

I am not inclined to do so, feel free to use the search function.  And I was implying to only do trades with reputable members.

really guys?  I run reputable bitcoin businesses you could of sent your bitcoins to but you chose to send money to people you don't know and have no way of getting compensated for? 

So what is this business that is so reputable? You website is under construction and no, I wont get involved in anyone related to gambling.

I fixed the profile url's if that is what you are referring to and no they are not under construction a couple are in beta but code complete.

It is helpful that your link now works. Can you point to a thread where people have used this and have commented on it? Should not be hard to do if it is reputable. Also I don't see how this would have helped us. You would have sent him the money before he shipped it to me right? I am I missing something?

wirehead, I hope you are joking about MtGox being the most trusted entity...

Maybe a Bitcoin dev can host an escrow service again. They seem to be preoccupied, though.

This really needs to be done.

Are there really no good ways to buy goods with bitcoins?  Is this not a huge flaw in the system? I have bitcoins, I want to use them... I cant... Why am I doing this again?
Activity: 11
Merit: 0

Maybe a Bitcoin dev can host an escrow service again. They seem to be preoccupied, though.

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002
Well looks like I got scammed. yeah I dont like Ebay and Paypal but this is not a useable system right now. What is the point of having bitcoins if you cant use them to buy anything?? Is there a better way to sell and buy things? I mine at 7ghz a sec so I have a some money invested in this and I was about to expand. Unless I can see how this is a workable system I think I will get out...

There are no chargebacks, which means you either need to buy from someone you can trust, or use an escrow. And either an escrow service you can trust, or a trusted person. Exactly the same as cash. It seems like a hassle, but actually it's not. While buying from individuals, trust ratings, forum reputation, etc. are good guides. I've spend more than a thousand BTCs on goods and never got scammed.
Activity: 448
Ha. Got this PM today;

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/virtron-47114

Clearcoin was a reputable escrow, but they closed up.

MtGox should probably host a site like that, since they seem to be the most trusted Bitcoin-related entity.

The project could also benefit from a market forum with the same ID requirements to sell as MtGox requires for large transactions, to add accountability. Buyers wouldn't need ID, since they're the vulnerable party and are shouldering all the risk during a transaction.
Where is this escrow service you are talking about? Thank you.
Spending BTC on goods from an unknown merchant is risky without escrow.

One might incorrectly assume that low-ticket items are less of a scam target, but there is so little consequence that thieves will think nothing of taking your pocket change.
Well looks like I got scammed. yeah I dont like Ebay and Paypal but this is not a useable system right now. What is the point of having bitcoins if you cant use them to buy anything?? Is there a better way to sell and buy things? I mine at 7ghz a sec so I have a some money invested in this and I was about to expand. Unless I can see how this is a workable system I think I will get out...
I lost 2 BTC to him. Scammers can be so petty.

Paypal is looking outright tame compared to this fraud rate.
He is selling things in other threads. 700$ worth of new egg cards and the like. How does the thread deal with people like this?
Activity: 415
Money is the root of all evil.
Low post count - check
no rep - check
no proof of ownership/shipping - check
previous claim on being a scammer - check

You would be really lucky not being scammed after all that..
He is from this thread.  I send him bitcoin and he said he would have sent me a tracking number and post in this thread by now but he has not.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.560544

I hope that I did not get scammed....

If this does fail I will post all of our private messages.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Seal Cub Clubbing Club
Who is Virtrom?  Link to original thread?
Pages:
Jump to: