Pages:
Author

Topic: Visit of ASICMINER's Immersion Cooling Mining Facility - page 4. (Read 284680 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
www.DonateMedia.org
So much for a "decentralized" coin.

I appreciate the technical work, but images like these challenge my confidence in Bitcoin.

The ownership is distributed, you can buy a seat on the board today, and share in the profits. (The shares are publicly trained) 

Who cares whether "ownership" is distributed? What matters to the long term viability of Bitcoin is whether a government or some other bad actor could take over one or a few mining operations to gain control of the network.

It is extremely unlikely and expensive to maintain 51% of the network.

AM isn't even 5th in terms of total network hashrate, so we can probably relax, though it would be large for a private mine. The big ones on the list are large pools.

Really cool post thanks op!

Activity: 437
Merit: 260
balance
Indeed.

http://www.coinometrics.com/bitcoin/brix

Smiley
Activity: 770
Merit: 509

I appreciate the technical work, but images like these challenge my confidence in Bitcoin.

The ownership is distributed, you can buy a seat on the board today, and share in the profits. (The shares are publicly trained) 

Who cares whether "ownership" is distributed? What matters to the long term viability of Bitcoin is whether a government or some other bad actor could take over one or a few mining operations to gain control of the network.

tlr
Activity: 86
Merit: 10

Activity: 47
Merit: 0
Great article, just wondering how do the blades not short out in water ? as usually if you put anything electrical submerged in water it will just brake.

I take it these are special designed blades that work underwater ?

It's not water, it's a "cooling fluid" made by 3M.

probably Fluorinert  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluorinert

I think that coolant was mentioned a couple of times by DeathAndTexas (and was using that stuff too)
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Do they have any equipment being manufactured for use there?
legendary
Activity: 1372

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

legendary
Activity: 1372
This is amazing.

Suggestion: in the future plan deployment and organize R&D around summer implementation so you can have full deployment in winter.

Also consider some industrial locations, most factories I visit in China are very cold in winter. And this cold also affects QC in production.

So partner with production facilities and use waste heat to improve factory conditions. This will actually increase productivity as people will prefer work to avoid cold.

Benefits could include rent discounts and reliable power, and distributed infrastructure.
legendary
Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020
I was diagnosed with brain parasite
This is most technologicaly advanced farm I ever seen.
Wonderfull!
Activity: 15
Damn. That is an amazing setup.
Activity: 10
Great article, just wondering how do the blades not short out in water ? as usually if you put anything electrical submerged in water it will just brake.

It's a non-conductive liquid (or, much less likely, distilled water which isn't conductive either but has a 100C boiling point which this liquid doesn't seem to have).
legendary
Activity: 1036
Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom
Nice cat farm..... where do they milk the cats to make the coins?
Activity: 557
Merit: 500
Can't wait for the video, hopefully with sound.  I would like to hear 1000s of blades bubbling in the hot hash tub.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

It's not water, it's a "cooling fluid" made by 3M.
Activity: 532
Merit: 269

Activity: 218
Merit: 100
Thats very impressive!!! goddamn!!
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
Nice... though such images should be posted by an Asicminer PR-Person... At least friedcat promised such PR-Guy...
Activity: 7
Merit: 1
and current performance???
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
now that is extraordinary.

and ppl keep worrying about the US gubmint banning Bitcoin.  i don't think so.
Pages:
Jump to: