Pages:
Author

Topic: Vitalik Buterin leaves. Who would benefit?? ETC is my bet - page 4. (Read 462 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 0
Fully agreed with you. I believe that ETC has almost the same technology like ETH except a bit centralization which, I think, is also needed for ETH. So if ETH exists in future, it has the potentiality to replace ETH.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
If he ever decides to have his own personal commitment like taking the job offer of google that's an amazing opportunity for him.

My bet is ETC, the orginal ethereum, for the solid team and steady no bullshit development. Also interesting to see it has been chosen by coinbase (and they didn't chose xrp or other in the top 10.. makes you think).
I wouldn't wonder why coinbase chooses those fork coins, they got plenty of it from their users so it's a benefit to them to adopt such forks.
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
I agree can in this scenario Ethereum classic will benefit more than other crypto for a leving of Vitalik Buterin.
Even also NEO and ADA cardano I think will benefit too but in minor way.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 342
I think ADA can replace ETH. ADA is great one and i think it will be awesome soon. TRX is trying to create something good.
Activity: 76
Merit: 0
KMD is actually making the most progress and their tech is superior to the others listed.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
If it leaves ETH, it may have a significant impact on the price of ETH.
However, this does not mean that ETH will stop development, because ETH has a large technology development community, so I will continue to support ETH.
Activity: 606
Merit: 278
06/19/11 17:51 Bought BTC 259684.77 for 0.0101
EOS is very good project, what it is some centralized is not problem.
I do not sense some benefits on decentralization crypto while

It's not a problem that your account can be frozen, your transactions reversed and your funds taken, all without your permission or any regulatory oversight? Honestly, EOS is worse than a fiat bank.

I agree. EOS has the limits of centralized bodies without their benefit of a regualtory body and connected regulatory framework. Worst of both worlds.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18706

It's not a problem that your account can be frozen, your transactions reversed and your funds taken, all without your permission or any regulatory oversight? Honestly, EOS is worse than a fiat bank.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 20
RiveMont
I do not think that vitalk will leave, they are already working on big upgrades and solutions for the scalability and massive adoption of eth, i think future value for eth will be huge, even if vitalik leaves this will crash the eth price for short term but then again the price will bounce back.

There's several problems with that. Cryptocurrencies are all about decentralization. Also SEC would definitely tag any centralized digital asset as Securities.
Activity: 378
Merit: 11
Decentralized Digital Billboards
I am not a fan of Bcash, but saying that the main reason it was listed on coinbase was it being a fork of bitcoin is nonsense.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18706
The reason Coinbase chose ETC was for the exact same reasons they chose BCH - as they are forks of already supported coins, it took the bare minimum amount of work to list them. It has nothing to do with the coin itself.

Also, given how shady the launch of BCH on Coinbase was, with prize freezes and insider trading, I'd be very of using Coinbase for anything ever again.
Let's imagine Vitalik Buterin just left the game.
Reason is irrelevat; either him not being happy with the ico scam shitfest ethereum has become, or personal commitments, and so on. But say he decided to leave ethereum today.

In such a scenario, obviously ETH price would take a nosedive of -30% to -60% as what happened previously could suggest (when someone spread the false rumor he was killed in a car accident).

But what I want to discuss which other coin would instead raise in price and I think one here has to analyze ethereum competition.

My bet is ETC, the orginal ethereum, for the solid team and steady no bullshit development. Also interesting to see it has been chosen by coinbase (and they didn't chose xrp or other in the top 10.. makes you think).

EOS - too centralized
ADA - still just a promise
NEO - progress has been too slow
KMD - I like this one but still can't compare to ETC

Your guess?
Pages:
Jump to: