Pages:
Author

Topic: VLT | Veltor | Donar Network | Minimalism. - page 20. (Read 141330 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 250
@Mr.Net: no, can u explain me how i have to do this? if my folder with my Velt-qt.exe and a lot of dll-files in it. How can i add nodes manually??

edit: i opened the console and added like this : addnode <2a01:4f8:201:6211::2101> add. if i typed it different there came an error message (method not found) so i think it must be corect. But still no syncing!
can someone help? my wallet didn´t synchronize, even not when i added the config file with nodes adviced on first page. there always comes the message "no source availabale".
Activity: 585
Merit: 500
Hoping dev delivers. I have too many coins to dump, so I'm holding for life. All or nothing.

He will deliver. This isn't a child play, this is the next generation Wink
Activity: 530
Hoping dev delivers. I have too many coins to dump, so I'm holding for life. All or nothing.
Wow.  That interview was unbelievably cringeworthy.

I can't take this coin seriously anymore.  I don't care how good the code is, no serious money is ever touching this shit.

Julian/John/Jason, you need to learn how to calm your 'tism.

This thing still going? Jeez..
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
quarkchain.io
..It smells like the project would reach at least 0.1 of btc value...
Activity: 585
Sunday update:

Will probably publish some code soon.

J.V.
Nice Jason! Looking forward to soon  Cool this is exciting!
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
Sunday update:

J.V.
I wonder where the trolls are now. Probably sad that they couldn't accumulate more at these preposterous prices.

You're excited about that comment?
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
Sunday update:

J.V.
I wonder where the trolls are now. Probably sad that they couldn't accumulate more at these preposterous prices.
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
I'm an artist, my paint is code
Sunday update:

J.V.
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
Not much activity in the thread recently.  Where did all the regulars go?

they clued up to the fact that this is John Connor's latest venture and got the fuck out of dodge.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Not much activity in the thread recently.  Where did all the regulars go?
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
I'm an artist, my paint is code
The block time of 30min won´t change, not on the current codebase.
Current reward is 10 VLT per block.

J.V.
Activity: 762

Sunday update:

I am currently working on the block time and block size specifications. The block time is going to be rather short. This will allow fast opening/closing of Donar channels and keep the timelock resolution precise. Regarding block size, Bitcoin Unlimited has a nice approach. The main idea is to keep the ceiling open, which mitigates the lightning network failure mode. The equilibrium between block size and propagation of blocks will create a healthy fee market, unlike Bitcoin's forced approach. It then becomes important to economically disincentivize performing any kind of transaction flooding. I already have a couple of solutions in mind.

By the way, I think I will have something to show within the next couple of weeks. Also, I got some help setting up a new website. Keep an eye on it regarding any future coinswap deadlines and info. So make sure to bookmark it.

http://www.veltor.org

J.V.

This coin needs smaller block time.After block 10753 it will be good block time 5 min and just 2 veltors per block, so for 30 min will get the same amount of veltors but will help for Lightning Network and why Lightning Network when the block time is 30 min!!!  Huh

currently is 15 veltor for 30 min, 2 veltor for 5 min isn't the same, it's 12 for 30 min, so you get less

so what's this

I visited http://www.zpool.ca/explorer/VLT and it looks to me that the median blocktime is still 30min. Of course I could be wrong, someone might have more insights on this
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
so when the hardfork or softfork for the block time will take place, wasn't at the 10753 block?

I guess it will happen once the new codebase is ready. Anyway, congrats to the team!!

10? wasn't the new reward around 2 per block with 5 min block time?
iirc the block time is still the same: 30min per block. It's the coins per block that reduce over time

Sunday update:

I am currently working on the block time and block size specifications. The block time is going to be rather short. This will allow fast opening/closing of Donar channels and keep the timelock resolution precise. Regarding block size, Bitcoin Unlimited has a nice approach. The main idea is to keep the ceiling open, which mitigates the lightning network failure mode. The equilibrium between block size and propagation of blocks will create a healthy fee market, unlike Bitcoin's forced approach. It then becomes important to economically disincentivize performing any kind of transaction flooding. I already have a couple of solutions in mind.

By the way, I think I will have something to show within the next couple of weeks. Also, I got some help setting up a new website. Keep an eye on it regarding any future coinswap deadlines and info. So make sure to bookmark it.

http://www.veltor.org

J.V.

This coin needs smaller block time.After block 10753 it will be good block time 5 min and just 2 veltors per block, so for 30 min will get the same amount of veltors but will help for Lightning Network and why Lightning Network when the block time is 30 min!!!  Huh

currently is 15 veltor for 30 min, 2 veltor for 5 min isn't the same, it's 12 for 30 min, so you get less

so what's this
so when the hardfork or softfork for the block time will take place, wasn't at the 10753 block?

I guess it will happen once the new codebase is ready. Anyway, congrats to the team!!

iirc the block time is still the same: 30min per block. It's the coins per block that reduce over time
legendary

legendary
Activity: 597
Merit: 253
... and the swarm is headed towards us
Sunday update:

This graph says it all. It illustrates, in my opinion, the importance of Veltor. It concludes and reflects everything that is currently problematic with Bitcoin. With blocks getting full, transactions are plateauing and the network is hitting its capacity sealing. In order to scale, Bitcoin Unlimited comes at a cost. Blockchain bloating might become uncontrollable and Bitcoin morphs in to a multi-terabyte chain making it everything but user friendly. Even though SegWit is, in theory, the superior solution, it is far away from a proper implementation, leaving big unanswered questions and uncertainties. Bitcoin is going to face great challenges and with great challenges comes great volatility.

J.V.

Even though they sometimes seem a bit tangential, I really appreciate these weekly updates. How is the work going on the new codebase?
Pages:
Jump to: