Pages:
Author

Topic: Vod's Change - page 3. (Read 1255 times)

Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
February 14, 2020, 05:13:10 AM
I find any kind of dishonesty to be untrustworthy.  
Eh, I don't necessarily go along with that because I've dealt with enough people to know that everyone lies at some point, including law enforcement people, politicians, and lots more.

We are talking about a career liar - a professional* liar.  For some reason I expected this forum to stay as it was in the start - where words were backed up with the blockchain.  I found it amazing no one lost trust when the pirate scam was revealed - with proof right there - it turned out no one in this community viewed it as actionable as I did, because the philosophy of this forum is different.  No one here lost money, so his actions are OK.  He returned the coin after he got caught, so it's OK.

If I want to continue in this community, I can either accept his actions or spend the remainder of the internet complaining about it.  That is the example I'm going to offer to anyone who wants everyone else to change.
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
February 14, 2020, 04:57:23 AM
I find any kind of dishonesty to be untrustworthy.  
Eh, I don't necessarily go along with that because I've dealt with enough people to know that everyone lies at some point, including law enforcement people, politicians, and lots more.  If I only trusted people who were never dishonest there's no way I'd be able to trust anyone.  It's just not that black and white and if you try to make it that way, you'll just end up frustrated and discontented--which sounds like it sums up your feelings with respect to bitcointalk as of late.

Glad you didn't leave, Vod.  I've always had respect for you and your high level of integrity.  None of us are perfect of course, but you've been busting real and potential scams since well before I arrived here and have done a great job, and I know I'm not the only one who thinks that.

I'm amazed at the level of free speech here and how he mostly does not get involved.  
That's one of the best aspects of the forum IMO.  You don't find this kind of freedom on many other forums.  

Also, I sure as hell wouldn't blame you if you took a break from scam busting or ditched it altogether.  You did it for longer than most human beings would.

Edit:

Oh shit, I totally missed the part where Vod said he had a stroke--I'm so sorry to hear that, but I'm glad it wasn't fatal.  Take care of yourself, Vod.  Don't worry about the scam busting one bit.  We can pick up the slack, though nobody here can fill your shoes.
Vod
legendary
February 14, 2020, 04:52:18 AM
This is a sensible move for you VOD. I can sense you are burned out and are no longer a shadow of your former self.

While your words were insincere, they are true.  As an idiot joked about last month, I had a stroke a year ago minus 23 hours.  I've recovered but I lost the interest to fight scammers.

I notice you never sold out to sigs. That is one thing you never seemed to be. Greedy.

So why did you so quickly believe I had fallen on hard times?   He cannot sue me because his hands are not clean, not because I am broke.

You know what I like?   Crypto and meta stats, and strategy games.    Smiley

Activity: 42
Merit: 15
February 14, 2020, 04:48:11 AM
This is a sensible move for you VOD. I can sense you are burned out and are a shadow of your former self.

Rest and await the introduction of objective standards this will destroy the destructive politically polarizing environment here and a forced peace will return where bitcoin is the key focus.

I notice you never sold out to sigs. That is one thing you never seemed to be. Greedy.
Vod
legendary
February 14, 2020, 04:34:41 AM
(I ask the mods to be liberal in removal of trash posts.)

A month ago, when BPIP crashed, I was ready to abandon this forum in anger, over what I perceived as lack of morality from the forum administrator.  I decided to turn BPIP over to capable people, and I had a bit more time to relax and research.  Besides understanding the type of violent psychopath who attacked me here over the last year, I also realized an epic misunderstanding about Theymos.

He has a different philosophy than I do.  I find any kind of dishonesty to be untrustworthy.   He is more forgiving, less "harsh" and I feel he does not view theft as a big deal if no violence was used and no harm is done.   It's a great philosophy, and it goes well with a decentralized, anonymous system.

I have 35 years of part-time military/law enforcement telling me that is wrong, and that is the conflict.  My ways are old and I believe climate change will break down society quickly, so I need to change my thinking towards those that believe as Theymos does.

I no longer trust Theymos because of what he allowed here, but that is my issue.  But I do not distrust him because he has consistently acted on his principles, and I don't see him changing soon.  I'm amazed at the level of free speech here and how he mostly does not get involved.  Plus, I would be a fool to stay here if I no longer trusted him.

But I can't continue taking sausages away from people who like sausages!  If codes, coins and cons need a place, better here than the deep web.  In fact, given what I posted above, I might give up scam busting altogether.  I'm giving up on feuding here, although there may be some fallout for a while for things that have already happened.

I'm starting a new site, much different from this one or BPIP.  It should appeal to many users, but not everyone.  

In the meantime, I'll go back to enjoying this site as a simple member.  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: