Pages:
Author

Topic: Vote For FindCoin's Distribution - page 2. (Read 3872 times)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0
January 02, 2015, 07:21:48 PM
I vote for #1
Xmm
Activity: 440
Merit: 100
January 02, 2015, 01:41:18 PM
Pretty safe to say 23094823049 above is pissed off that he can't suck up funds with all of his wallets anymore  Cheesy

Burn the coins.

If I was you I would check my (as in mine) posts carefully.

That being said, nobody seems to have answered my question:
Why does this wallet require SO MUCH fucking processing power?
Windows 8.1 Pro x64
Intel G3220  about 4-9% CPU time ( POS enabled )
Activity: 184
January 02, 2015, 01:07:00 PM
-snip-
That "small issue" which you deemed unworthy for a fork was most likely the reason you had to stop the faucet. I'm sorry but you guys are clueless, you were working hard to get this going, I'm sure about that, but you were clearly improvising as issues came along without much thought and in the end you dropped the ball and now you have a bunch of annoyed brats calling you scammers. My advise is to drop the whole thing, start from scratch, do a beta test, then relaunch with a solid platform in a month or so, if you need any help I'm always online.

If it works it's don't fix it doesn't cut it with crypto where prying eyes are looking for easy pray. You need to think about how your platform can fail rather than what it would take to work

I do agree with you on the point that the issue could have lead to the faucet's end, but you have to consider what it actually was. The people who actually have enough power and know-how to execute an attack on the faucet could have easily monitored outgoing connections and found that URL. What we had to do was implement something that verifies the wallet is indeed a wallet (maybe a key hard coded into it that an attacker couldn't take), but the problem there is that there are still ways to easily exploit it such as getting a VPS. For now, what's done is done and until the 2,000 wallets came on in an hour, our faucet was distributing on par with the expectations we had from the download count. Therefore, our most logical solution (I believe) would be to drop the Proof of Faucet idea and move on, it's clear that the old implementation of FindYouCoin didn't survive and since our distribution is fair at the moment simply burning the coins should suffice. If there's a reason to relaunch here, I don't see it as Proof of Faucet cannot be fixed to stop a VPS.

Sure you can stop VPS, just don't credit requests made from non residential ISP ranges, there are ready lists available, or like I said earlier you can just use the maxmind api which is meant for order fraud prevention https://www.maxmind.com/en/geoip2-anonymous-ip-database. And if SSL is implemented correctly it will be quite a task to figure out what requests i.e. secret handshake is made between the wallet and faucet server, at least not without some really in-depth wallet debugging.

I'll bet you 10BTC nobody bothered to run 2000 instances of the wallet, the requests came directly to the faucet url from a botnet.

I wouldn't take that bet Smiley. I looked over the maxmind API and I think its just what we needed, but my biggest point was that we distributed fairly up until now and the most elegant solution would be to burn the funds. Do you agree with this?
Activity: 7
January 02, 2015, 12:50:12 PM
Burn the faucet funds, reduce our market cap and continue with development (no more coins will be generated other than the 25% POS). Release source code.

+1

I am absolute noob but my vote is for this Wink
Activity: 433
Merit: 250
BTG CEO
January 02, 2015, 12:49:33 PM

Can you two STFU?

You are not helping the situation.

Would you go and put you dick in the ass of a donkey?

Then you have your answer little boy
Activity: 658
January 02, 2015, 12:46:24 PM
-snip-
That "small issue" which you deemed unworthy for a fork was most likely the reason you had to stop the faucet. I'm sorry but you guys are clueless, you were working hard to get this going, I'm sure about that, but you were clearly improvising as issues came along without much thought and in the end you dropped the ball and now you have a bunch of annoyed brats calling you scammers. My advise is to drop the whole thing, start from scratch, do a beta test, then relaunch with a solid platform in a month or so, if you need any help I'm always online.

If it works it's don't fix it doesn't cut it with crypto where prying eyes are looking for easy pray. You need to think about how your platform can fail rather than what it would take to work

I do agree with you on the point that the issue could have lead to the faucet's end, but you have to consider what it actually was. The people who actually have enough power and know-how to execute an attack on the faucet could have easily monitored outgoing connections and found that URL. What we had to do was implement something that verifies the wallet is indeed a wallet (maybe a key hard coded into it that an attacker couldn't take), but the problem there is that there are still ways to easily exploit it such as getting a VPS. For now, what's done is done and until the 2,000 wallets came on in an hour, our faucet was distributing on par with the expectations we had from the download count. Therefore, our most logical solution (I believe) would be to drop the Proof of Faucet idea and move on, it's clear that the old implementation of FindYouCoin didn't survive and since our distribution is fair at the moment simply burning the coins should suffice. If there's a reason to relaunch here, I don't see it as Proof of Faucet cannot be fixed to stop a VPS.

Sure you can stop VPS, just don't credit requests made from non residential ISP ranges, there are ready lists available, or like I said earlier you can just use the maxmind api which is meant for order fraud prevention https://www.maxmind.com/en/geoip2-anonymous-ip-database. And if SSL is implemented correctly it will be quite a task to figure out what requests i.e. secret handshake is made between the wallet and faucet server, at least not without some really in-depth wallet debugging.

I'll bet you 10BTC nobody bothered to run 2000 instances of the wallet, the requests came directly to the faucet url from a botnet.
Activity: 280
January 02, 2015, 12:45:04 PM
-snip-

completely agree with quad
Activity: 184
January 02, 2015, 12:41:20 PM
-snip-

Activity: 308
Merit: 10
January 02, 2015, 12:25:00 PM
You may have trouble reading, but we said in this thread that since there are 2000 new wallets in one hour we decided to stop it as an emergency measure. Earlier, the ratio of wallets running to wallets downloaded was fair enough so we let it be instead of issuing a hard fork to correct a small issue. In regards to the CPU usage, we are unsure why it is causing problems for some and will look into it, but you can verify it yourself in less than 5 days once we release the source code.

+1
I support this fully.

For not giving a shit you sure do spend alot of time giving a shit  Grin also i am glad you support him calling you a brat because that is what you are a strange one at that, make up your mind gramps are you in or are you out.

LOL

True, and I have no problem being called a brat  Wink
I know I am not cheating, so it is "fair" to call me a brat for complaining about cheaters.

That being said, I am definitely in if this is done properly.
Otherwise I will cash out the little bit I have and never look at this coin again.

You have claimed in previous posts that you had started to exploit/cheat which is fine to be in that category, but just because you get stopped before you really got going shouldn’t make you so angry buddy, remember your quote? cheaters do not deserve a single coin? well you managed to get a few hundred  Grin be happy.

Let's try and stay positive i now believe this coin can help bring some of the crap out there to light and protect new/old innocent investors in alt coin from losing money, imo the price is irrelevant as long as it's enough reward for people to want to call the bad guys out.

Mistakes were made here for sure but we are all human and we all make them it does not make us all scammers, just human.

This time i really do wish you a good day and a happy peaceful new year please chill out and maybe think of ideas to help the project, working together it can be done properly,

Take care dude

I actually wrote a response to this.

But I deleted it....

You know why?

I will not feed the troll, (nor the cheaters either).

Can you two STFU?

You are not helping the situation.
Activity: 56
January 02, 2015, 12:19:51 PM
You may have trouble reading, but we said in this thread that since there are 2000 new wallets in one hour we decided to stop it as an emergency measure. Earlier, the ratio of wallets running to wallets downloaded was fair enough so we let it be instead of issuing a hard fork to correct a small issue. In regards to the CPU usage, we are unsure why it is causing problems for some and will look into it, but you can verify it yourself in less than 5 days once we release the source code.

+1
I support this fully.

For not giving a shit you sure do spend alot of time giving a shit  Grin also i am glad you support him calling you a brat because that is what you are a strange one at that, make up your mind gramps are you in or are you out.

LOL

I know I am not cheating, so it is "fair" to call me a brat for complaining about cheaters.

Otherwise I will cash out the little bit I have and never look at this coin again.

You have claimed in previous posts that you had started to exploit/cheat which is fine to be in that category, but just because you get stopped before you really got going shouldn’t make you so angry buddy, remember your quote? cheaters do not deserve a single coin? well you managed to get a few hundred  Grin be happy.

Let's try and stay positive i now believe this coin can help bring some of the crap out there to light and protect new/old innocent investors in alt coin from losing money, imo the price is irrelevant as long as it's enough reward for people to want to call the bad guys out.

Mistakes were made here for sure but we are all human and we all make them it does not make us all scammers, just human.

This time i really do wish you a good day and a happy peaceful new year please chill out and maybe think of ideas to help the project, working together it can be done properly,

Take care dude

I actually wrote a response to this.

But I deleted it....

You know why?

I will not feed the troll, (nor the cheaters either).
BTG CEO
January 02, 2015, 12:03:24 PM

+1
I support this fully.

LOL

Take care dude

January 02, 2015, 11:52:01 AM
its clear what this community needs
January 02, 2015, 11:43:15 AM

+1
I support this fully.

LOL

BTG CEO
January 02, 2015, 11:32:55 AM

+1
I support this fully.

January 02, 2015, 10:30:17 AM

+1
I support this fully.
January 02, 2015, 10:20:51 AM

Activity: 227
January 02, 2015, 09:25:16 AM
WTF?Huh

I don't see the problem here, Stop the Faucet and release the source.

let the coin function as it is intended.

the very fact that it is POS will keep it going, and as far as I'm concerned its ideals are what matter, if it creates a way to uncover the real scammers out there then its worth in btc terms is debatable.

too many times have I invested in certain cloud type enterprises that are found to be lacking in any scruples when it comes to grabbing as much as possible for themselves.

There is still good to come out of this coin if people will just give it a chance.

There are far too many Pump/Dump idiots out there, yes we want to all make a bit of profit, but if this shit keeps happening there will be no Crypto World, the rest of the world will just laugh and say "I Told You So".
Merit: 500
January 02, 2015, 07:38:23 AM
-snip-

just let it go m8 you cant do anything about it. your are being childish and immature. if you dont like free coins send your coins to me and just move on with your miserable life.

I don't think you got my message.

I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ANYMORE!

JUST LIST YOUR SCAM COIN ON AN EXCHANGE SO THAT I CAN CASH OUT MINE AND I WILL MOVE ON TO MORE SERIOUS COINS.

Do you understand that or shall I spell it to you like you are 5?

Thank you.

Have a nice day  Smiley

Totally agree with you  Wink
January 02, 2015, 06:24:26 AM
Release the source code

release the cracken
Activity: 100
Merit: 11
January 02, 2015, 05:50:36 AM
Release the source code