Pages:
Author

Topic: Vote for secession of Alaska from the United States and joining Russia - page 4. (Read 6243 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
First Asia-wide Asset Exchange
OMG! More than 27300 votes. What's the hell? I can't believe...
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
over 20k signature right now
are the people live in alaska want join russia?
i think they happy became a part of US now

when i was kid, i'm little bit confuse see world map
why alaska is part of US although alaska is don't have direct border with US
when i learned history, i know the answer  Grin
Activity: 280
Knowledge is Power
Rofl I can't believe this petition actually has 20k+ votes. God bless mother Russia.

But I'm still upset we sold it to you yanks. In the 1800s it didn't seem very important, but now there's so much profit from the natural resources in Alaska, not to mention the beautiful nature.
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 1217
One thing I have noticed is that the ethnic Russian population in Alaska is much younger than the general population.

For example, in Delta Junction only 19.64% of the general population is Russian. But among the children, the figure is 31.10%.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
You cannot kill love
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359
Does any one know that even now Alaska is having a sizable ethnic Russian population?
It seems that they need a new political party, like the citizens of Crimea... So, we have to send Mr. Aksyonov to Alaska...  Cheesy

I guess that Sarah Palin could be appointed as a new Chief Prosecutor, so no additional staff needed.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
If the US were to give up Alaska, they'd be giving up all their territorial/mineral rights to the thawing artic circle.

They won't be doing that.   Wink
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
How do people come up with this shit?

I dunno - but I'm sure that if Alaska were to have a referendum tommorrow that had an 80% turnout it would be an unprecendented event in modern western democracy (shit, 55% is doing OK these days for US presidential elections).

If then 95% of that 80% voted in favour of going back to Russia, for whatever reason, it would most certainly be seen to be a violation of international law and everything that we hold dear in the free world  Wink  Grin

So - Obama is legit on 50% x 55% = 27.5%

Crimea secession is an infringement of human rights with 95% x 80% = 76%  Huh
Activity: 354
WE PETITION THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION TO:
Alaska back to Russia.
Groups Siberian russians crossed the Isthmus (now the Bering Strait) 16-10 thousand years ago.

Russian began to settle on the Arctic coast, Aleuts inhabited the Aleutian Archipelago.

First visited Alaska August 21, 1732, members of the team boat "St. Gabriel »under the surveyor Gvozdev and assistant navigator I. Fedorov during the expedition Shestakov and DI Pavlutski 1729-1735 years

>politicians
>giving up natural resources for no reason

I wish you luck mate
Activity: 350
Signatures needed by April 20, 2014 to reach goal of 100,000

Activity: 448
Not gonna happen unless the USA is broken into states.
Activity: 368
Merit: 252
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
How do people come up with this shit?
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359
Why leave one oppressive regime for another?
If you don't like regime then declare extended autonomy. Autonomy of federation subject could vary, extended autonomy allows you to implement a fully custom regime on your territory.  Smiley Remember the Finland as a part of Russian Empire, for example. Borders were protected by Imperial militaries but Finland used independent political system (parliamentary republic, own police and monetary system) and Emperor was nothing more than a symbolic figure here. Another similar case is Hong Kong, it's a part of China but employs independent political system too, and Chinese law doesn't work here. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
Why leave one oppressive regime for another?
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 1217
I doubt United States would give back Alaska without a World War III. The petition is a joke.

Everyone knows that the petition is a joke. The only possibility of Russian regaining Alaska is in the event of disintegration of the USA.
Pages:
Jump to: