Pages:
Author

Topic: Vote Now: Should bitcointalk introduce mobile app of this forum ? - page 2. (Read 1080 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005
I think an app is a waste of time. We only need a mobile friendly website.

Having to install an app just for bitcointalk.org and having to keep it regularly updated is a huge waste of time. What can a forum app do that we couldn't do in the browser? seems like a huge waste of everyones time to me, and would likely introduce security issues too. There are still thousands of apps using SSL implementations that are vulnerable to heartbleed and the other recent SSL-related exploits. It is probably more expensive to build an app then it is to build a mobile site, I just don't get it.

Is the app going to have proxy support? what about people who live in China and have to use Tor to evade the GFW? is it going to be tested with Tor to make sure it doesn't have any obvious leaks? what happens when you click a link to bitcointalk.org somewhere else, will the app open the thread? will bitcointalk.org still be usable in a browser on a phone? will it work on Android devices that do not have a Google API license etc etc?

I can't believe they plan to build in app, IMO that is a very dumb idea and waste of money and will most likely cause a lot of problems.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Buy and sell bitcoins,
I just voted for yes although notlist3d is right about different types of phones and the compatibility.

The New Forum Software (Epochtalk) will have a responsive design and the devs also have mobile app in their roadmap.

Slickage does have this planned in the future roadmap. We have very seasoned iOS and Android developers so this should be fun!

That's a sweet update to look forward to!
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
Vote Now: Should stupid polls be awarded an instaban?
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
I'm not sure, and my reason is the variety of phones.  Were talking massive differences as far as reading the forum on the size of screen.  So I see a lot of challanges.

But having it were I could get a alert if a thread of mine was commented on, or I got a PM.  That would be pretty nice.

So I can see both ways.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
The New Forum Software (Epochtalk) will have a responsive design and the devs also have mobile app in their roadmap.

Slickage does have this planned in the future roadmap. We have very seasoned iOS and Android developers so this should be fun!

This is encouraging. I am unable to understand that a community of BTC (Currency of future ) haven't yet developed anything for mobile users.  Grin
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Scat The Billionaire
voted for yes

glad to hear it, since im frequently use my mobile phone to access this forum, it will great.
so i will wait it launched. hope it come very soon.
staff
Activity: 2440
Merit: 1616
Crypto Swap Exchange

I voted for yes. However, I dont wish to see mobile application for Bitcointalk.org. I want to see a mobile-friendly bitcointalk.org. There's lot of application in Google Play Store that allow us to browser the forums with mobile-friendly interface. However, I wont be trusting them with my account information. Even if it's a official application, I dont want to download another application to my limited space phone.

I edited the question and included the mobile version. Thanks for the feedback. I hope BTCtalk admins will think about it.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Personal Text Space Not For Sale
I voted for yes. However, I dont wish to see mobile application for Bitcointalk.org. I want to see a mobile-friendly bitcointalk.org. There's lot of application in Google Play Store that allow us to browser the forums with mobile-friendly interface. However, I wont be trusting them with my account information. Even if it's a official application, I dont want to download another application to my limited space phone.
NOTE: This poll is to show bitcointalk forum what we think about having forum app. I am not a developer, and I do not represent bitcointalk.org. I am a concerned user.  Grin

I was thinking that there is a need for official mobile app for this forum or atleast mobile version. This will increase activity on this forum as people are not carrying PCs with them everywhere. It will be convenient to have a mobile app for this forum. So feel free to vote and express your opinion and i am sure soon bitcointalk will introduce mobile app for this forum.
Pages:
Jump to: