Pages:
Author

Topic: Vote SaltySpitoon for Alt Currency Moderator! - page 4. (Read 6915 times)

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
What does being a moderator give you in terms of special powers?

* Can you see the IP address of posters and identify sock puppets?
* Can you delete threads?
* Can you ban users?
* Can you merge threads?
* Can you lock threads?
* Can you unlock threads that were locked by the original poster?

As a moderator, what would you most like to do the Alt concurrency forum? Since you are asking for the post I'm assuming there's something about it you'd like to see different.

To be honest, I really don't know what powers come with the job, as a moderator of just a single board, I don't think I have some of those powers, besides perhaps being able to move threads and lock/unlock, although Alt Currency doesn't have any other subforums, so I can't see moving much. I think if there are major issues, I would defer to a global mod.

The goal is to keep the peace for the most part although I don't mind people having a bit of fun at each other at each other's expense, as long as its mutual and in good fun.

I want all of these special powers.

Please vote for me!  Grin Grin Grin

Smoothie, I'd ask that you be my running mate, but I have a feeling it would be a Sarah Palin situation.

Edit* Ok Maged clarified above.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

No.
Yes.
* Can you ban users?
No, but you get access to the staff board where you can request a ban and theymos will review it.
* Can you merge threads?
No, unless you ask theymos nicely to enable it for you. This power is not usually given to new moderators, though.
* Can you lock threads?
Yes.
Yes.

You can also split threads, move threads, sticky threads, add polls, and edit posts/polls. There might be other powers I forgot, but those are the major ones.

Please note that the answers I gave above are just the defaults. They can be changed if people believe that SaltySpitoon shouldn't have certain powers.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

* Can you ban users?
* Can you merge threads?
* Can you lock threads?

As a moderator, what would you most like to do the Alt concurrency forum? Since you are asking for the post I'm assuming there's something about it you'd like to see different.

I want all of these special powers.

Please vote for me!  Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Crypto Somnium
You have my vote SaltySpitoon  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005

* Can you ban users?
* Can you merge threads?
* Can you lock threads?

legendary

Is he still a boss if he doesn't pay?

I think so, what about Intern situations?
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
I don't think that the global moderators read this section much, though, so it may be better to have a dedicated moderator here.
Yeah, for sure. I usually only come by here when we get a report or I see an interesting title.

Why would you tell the boss that you are slacking?   Grin

Is he still a boss if he doesn't pay?
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958
First Exclusion Ever
I don't think that the global moderators read this section much, though, so it may be better to have a dedicated moderator here.
Yeah, for sure. I usually only come by here when we get a report or I see an interesting title.

What is he going to do dock his pay?
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015
legendary
I have known him for a while and done several transactions with him and he follows thru with what he says. He seems quite level headed, reasonable, has a sense of humor, and is knowledgeable with the happenings in the major alt currencies. I think he would be an asset to the community as moderator in the alt forum.

awwwwwww
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958
First Exclusion Ever
I have known him for a while and done several transactions with him and he follows thru with what he says. He seems quite level headed, reasonable, has a sense of humor, and is knowledgeable of the happenings in the major alt currencies. I think he would be an asset to the community as moderator in the alt forum.
administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13032
Voting implies an alternative candidate. I there any?

If people don't think that SaltySpitoon will be a good, fair moderator, the global moderators can continue to moderate Alternate cryptocurrencies. I don't think that the global moderators read this section much, though, so it may be better to have a dedicated moderator here.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Wat
++1

legendary

Not really, its more a vote of whether you find me qualified (or if not qualified, I won't at least break things) or would you rather to keep the anarchy.

To be humble, I vote against myself!
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I'm okay with this, unless Theymos wants me to moderate Cheesy.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
Hello!
Smoothie
legendary
Smoothie will be an awesome mod. I vote for him!

Really??  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Yay!! 
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
Smoothie you are a little too unorthodox to become a mod.
legendary
VOTE FOR  SMOOTHIE!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: