Pages:
Author

Topic: Voting for Ron Paul is voting for love - page 4. (Read 7672 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
January 06, 2012, 09:38:57 PM
Regardless of whether he is racist himself, he should be keeping an eye on what is written in his name. Part of the whole idea is personal responsibility and taking care of your own space. I'm pretty sure he has owned up to his mistake though, and at this point he just doesn't want to give any more soundbites. But, really from what I've seen I would like to see more. That is not conclusive evidence coming from snarky people with political agendas.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
January 06, 2012, 09:28:36 PM
There is no indication that this was actually written by Ron Paul. The writing styles don't match up at all and there is no byline.
January 06, 2012, 09:18:34 PM
This is just proving my point. I want to know what year this was so I can find the NYT article (NYT sometimes publishes crazy shit). That said, I don't like any snarky stuff like that title. But I don't see what is so offensive about it, if you have aids and keep fucking the uninfected you are spreading disease, you are an asshole... UNLESS, they only publish anti-gay shit and never examples of gays doing good (self responsible) things that are newsworthy. Or they never publish anti-promiscuity articles about straights. Even then most of the main stream news is about people doing bad shit or the government regulating something new. This is why we need context. In this:

http://www.mrdestructo.com/2011/12/game-over-scans-of-over-50-ron-paul.html

The author says:
These come courtesy of a zipfile of scans sent to me by reader Heresiarch, who, along with others, compiled it from various sources — although the lion's share, if not all, come from James Kirchuk, who wrote the original, big Ron Paul story in The New Republic, in 2008.

Which reads like selection bias to me.

If you know about it, please link me to a relatively complete issue. Even one would be great. If these things are available we should get our hands on them and make a torrent out of it so there is a proper primary source available to people.

*Edit: There are many people out there who will immediately ignore any article beginning with something like this:
For a certain segment of the Ron Paul fanbase, no evidence of his disseminating hateful, paranoid material will ever be enough.

No matter who it is about.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004
January 06, 2012, 08:53:12 PM
Yes, I mean the entire newsletters. So that we can get some context.

You can find near whole ones in some of the links out there.  They don't change anything.  Maybe you agree with the statements there, or maybe you think that was an 'honest error' but there are many others just like it.  Most of them target black people.   There are many examples like the crap below:

January 06, 2012, 08:31:28 PM
Yes, I mean the entire newsletters. So that we can get some context.
legendary
January 06, 2012, 08:22:07 PM
The links I provided show a large number of direct scans of the newsletters.  Take a look. 
January 06, 2012, 08:15:16 PM
I'm getting around to reading these editorials, I still don't get why noone can post the entire newsletter. I couldn't find a torrent. Just randomly reading some of them I see that the journalist is being very misleading. For example there was an ad to buy a "gary allen" (don't know him) book published post mortem, with the plea that the money is going to his widow. The journalist has some snarky paragraph about "That's how much Ron Paul loves America—for $1, if you buy 25 copies and $6.95 for a single copy."

I don't see why you guys want to read publications like these. Its clearly just a bunch of people with irrational emotional hatreds jerking each other off about it. That said, it does not mean there isn't racist shit in his news letters. I would really like someone who feels so strongly about this to post a direct link to the newsletters or explain why that doesn't exist.
legendary
January 06, 2012, 06:27:33 PM
If Paul is a racist, we need more racists like him. He's been the most consistent and influential voice against brown-skinned people being targeted for mass-murder of any one in recent history.

Quote from: FlipPro
Read his news letters, signed by him. That's all the proof you need...

No that's not all you need. It's widely accepted many people wrote for Paul's newsletter. He was an OBGYN, is it really that hard to believe that he might not have read every word in every newsletter put out?

He has defended his newsletters in the past and shown familiarity with the contents.  Now he said he has no part in them and does not know what is published in his name? 

He really does not like gay people. 

http://www.mrdestructo.com/2011/12/game-over-scans-of-over-50-ron-paul.html

http://www.tnr.com/article/politics/ron-paul-newsletter

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1010
January 06, 2012, 05:26:25 PM

(BTW world's most diverse country is India, no western society is even close)

Aww, man!  I knew that and didn't even think about it!  Good show.
Activity: 772
Merit: 501
January 06, 2012, 04:20:09 PM
If Paul is a racist, we need more racists like him. He's been the most consistent and influential voice against brown-skinned people being targeted for mass-murder of any one in recent history.

Quote from: FlipPro

No that's not all you need. It's widely accepted many people wrote for Paul's newsletter. He was an OBGYN, is it really that hard to believe that he might not have read every word in every newsletter put out?
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
January 06, 2012, 02:40:12 PM
Sorry can't have a closet racist as my President, running the most worlds most diversified country...

And yet, this is exactly what you have right now. What now?

(BTW world's most diverse country is India, no western society is even close)
January 06, 2012, 11:11:22 AM
Flipro, man. You lose more credibility every time you post. First you post the video about some guy who donated to him, and say "'nuff said" or whatever. Then you say "read his news letters thats all the proof you need". Then I ask you to link me to them....

And instead of linking to the actual primary source letters so that we can read them in context... you epically fail your quest to get people to listen to you by linking to "The New Republic", a magazine that basically claims it defines "liberalism". Do you think they might have an agenda in portraying Ron Paul in a negative light? Really, I will read it, but you need to understand how dumb you appear to link a skeptic to that rather than the originally requested news letters.

And to make it worse, then you post something from a website that is Completely Dedicated to hating Ron Paul. And the video doesn't even show that he is "against MLK day", not one bit. I realize you're a troll or brainwashed, in either case I can't help you over the internet. I am only responding at this point in case anyone else is reading this but is too lazy to look things up for themselves.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015
January 06, 2012, 04:24:00 AM
Post a link, so there is no confusion.
Read this please. 4 pages analyzing all the content he has produced throughout the years..
http://www.tnr.com/article/politics/angry-white-man?page=0,0

He is against Martin Luther King Day...
http://ronpaulsurvivalreport.blogspot.com/2008/01/ron-paul-officially-bastardizes-martin.html

January 06, 2012, 02:55:51 AM
Post a link, so there is no confusion.
legendary
January 06, 2012, 02:47:19 AM
January 06, 2012, 02:26:39 AM
Loving the KKK and Stormfront that is...

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/f191/

They LOVE him there  Grin.

You guys wana know a secret? I was a naive RP supporter for a short period of time, and you know what really turned me off?

When he wouldn't give back the sizable donations given to him by White Supremacist...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eGVoNQdRuI

Enough said...

Why would you give it back?  They donated it to his campaign under the false impression that he shared their ideologies.  That's their error, why compound it by giving it back to them so that they can use it?  Why not use it for the campaign?  That's not to mention the sheer complexity of giving back a campaign donation to a federal campaign.  That is a rediculous idea from the start.  If you were a naive RP supporter, and are no longer naive and not a RP supporter, then I'm 16 and sexy. I'm calling bullshit.
I was a RP supporter... Till I found out he was a closet racist. Sorry can't have a closet racist as my President, running the most worlds most diversified country...

FDR was a closet racist, and Lincoln was openly so.  I find the claim that RP has a single racist bone in his body to be difficult to accept, and even if he is, he doesn't vote that way.  You shall know them by the fruits of their actions.
Wow maged, what a weak ass argument. How about we name a politician from this DECADE LOL. And FDR being a closet racist? What sources do you get this from?

Uhh, flipro. You have no evidence whatsoever. Just that some KKK guy donated money. Its not like it was even in the name of the KKK, it was the personal funds of some dude I've never heard of. Which is, like I said, more likely an example of you being manipulated and falling for the guilt by association fallacy. Provide better evidence, if there is none, you are repeating FUD. If there is actual evidence, then I won't vote for him either.

To repeat, as of right now, with the evidence shown by you, it is more plausible that you are being manipulated by the media to get you reasoning emotionally (It is well known that the emotionally charged word "racist" activates people's limbic system, cutting off rational thought) than it is that he is actually racist. So if you really believe what you are saying it is in your best interest to convince the rest of us.

I heard Michael Vick was planning on donating to Obama, and Romney back in 2008 (covering his bases), but then went bankrupt. Those puppy torturers.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
January 05, 2012, 11:15:54 PM

You guys wana know a secret? I was a naive RP supporter for a short period of time, and you know what really turned me off?

When he wouldn't give back the sizable donations given to him by White Supremacist...

Enough said...

Why would you give it back?  They donated it to his campaign under the false impression that he shared their ideologies.  That's their error, why compound it by giving it back to them so that they can use it?  Why not use it for the campaign?  That's not to mention the sheer complexity of giving back a campaign donation to a federal campaign.  That is a rediculous idea from the start.  If you were a naive RP supporter, and are no longer naive and not a RP supporter, then I'm 16 and sexy. I'm calling bullshit.
I was a RP supporter... Till I found out he was a closet racist. Sorry can't have a closet racist as my President, running the most worlds most diversified country...

FDR was a closet racist, and Lincoln was openly so.  I find the claim that RP has a single racist bone in his body to be difficult to accept, and even if he is, he doesn't vote that way.  You shall know them by the fruits of their actions.
Wow maged, what a weak ass argument. How about we name a politician from this DECADE LOL. And FDR being a closet racist? What sources do you get this from?

MoonShadow != Maged...

Just saying.
legendary
January 05, 2012, 10:30:47 PM

Enough said...

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1010
January 05, 2012, 09:54:09 PM

Enough said...

Why would you give it back?  They donated it to his campaign under the false impression that he shared their ideologies.  That's their error, why compound it by giving it back to them so that they can use it?  Why not use it for the campaign?  That's not to mention the sheer complexity of giving back a campaign donation to a federal campaign.  That is a rediculous idea from the start.  If you were a naive RP supporter, and are no longer naive and not a RP supporter, then I'm 16 and sexy. I'm calling bullshit.

FDR was a closet racist, and Lincoln was openly so.  I find the claim that RP has a single racist bone in his body to be difficult to accept, and even if he is, he doesn't vote that way.  You shall know them by the fruits of their actions.
January 05, 2012, 05:12:03 PM
Also these "libertarians are racist" arguments are just silly. Guilt by association is a commonly used tactic to prevent people from making rational decisions:

Who said anything about Libertarians being racist? We're talking about RON PAUL being racist...

Ron Paul does not automatically equate "Libertarian" you know...

I realize that...it was just easier to get numbers for the venn diagram to generalize to libertarians. Libertarians are commonly stereotyped as racist. Anyway, what is your evidence that he his racist again? He has been in congress and the public eye for quite awhile. Has he ever voted racist or said anything racist?
Pages:
Jump to: