Pages:
Author

Topic: VPNs - do you use it - page 4. (Read 3824 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
March 12, 2013, 06:56:27 PM
As I have understood, VPNs (Virtual Private Networks, used to hide online identity) are popular among many BTC users. Do you use a VPN and if so why/why not?

Also, I would like to hear which VPNs accept Bitcoins.

TorrentFreak just updated their (highly recommended) post on exactly that, here:

http://torrentfreak.com/vpn-services-that-take-your-anonymity-seriously-2013-edition-130302/

Check it out.

Toni
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Another block in the wall
March 12, 2013, 06:48:30 PM
VPN simply changes your default Ip address to something else, it has nothing to do with protecting your social network.
Who said anything thing about social network? I am aware that you cannot hide your identity if you log into FB or gmail or whatever. But you can surf much of the internet whilst staying anonymous if you use a VPN.

Hopefully someone else can provide some insight into the pros and cons on this.

Ok, so you're not a total newb.......

If you have a static Ip address, then VPN is recommended.

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
March 12, 2013, 10:48:11 AM
I feel like I should... but i dont   Embarrassed
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
March 12, 2013, 08:19:24 AM
VPN was mainly be used to acces a local network when you are not "local".

Some use it to hide where they are surfing from, but its not entirely secure and can be traced.
Activity: 65
Merit: 121
March 12, 2013, 07:59:26 AM
Just use VPN to connect to network at home. No need to hide my activity with Bitcoin
Activity: 406
Merit: 286
Neptune, Scalable Privacy
March 12, 2013, 07:03:42 AM
VPN simply changes your default Ip address to something else, it has nothing to do with protecting your social network.
Who said anything thing about social network? I am aware that you cannot hide your identity if you log into FB or gmail or whatever. But you can surf much of the internet whilst staying anonymous if you use a VPN.

Hopefully someone else can provide some insight into the pros and cons on this.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Another block in the wall
March 12, 2013, 06:18:01 AM

Activity: 406
Merit: 286
Neptune, Scalable Privacy
March 12, 2013, 05:51:37 AM
Hi!

As I have understood, VPNs (Virtual Private Networks, used to hide online identity) are popular among many BTC users. Do you use a VPN and if so why/why not?

Also, I would like to hear which VPNs accept Bitcoins.

Regards,
Sword Smith
Pages:
Jump to: