Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 31862. (Read 26381924 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Ultranode
10 year bonds closed at hit 3% @ 4:27 EST http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/bond/10_year

this is the beginning of the end of the universe
Activity: 371
Merit: 250
& China is sending ships to the coast of Syria.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1C8QYZIrBk
Activity: 516
Merit: 283
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
So is the next move going to be a whale buy or a whale sell?  The asks are getting juicy, I think.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1745
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163
Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos
Sorry, but no.

Anarcho-syndicalism = workers control the means of production. You work in a factory - you control directly the production process, you participate directly in the decision making and you OWN the fruit of your labour.

Communism = social ownership of means of production. It might seem similar, but its not at all - as a worker you do not "own" the means of production nor the fruits of your labour in a communist system, the "society" does, which basically means that the State owns them. That's why Bakunin said communism was going to be "the biggest lie of the Century", and it even said communism was just a form of "state capitalism", as the worker did not control the means of production nor the fruit of his labour. An exception would be Pannekoek's council communism, which was totally opposed to russian bolshevism, and was in many ways much closer to Kropotkin's and Bakunnin's anarcho-communism.

And again: Bitcoin is just a currency, and it has no political sign - but saying is "anarcho-syndicalist" is simply wrong. Most of original anarchists (or "left" anarchists, as some would say, especially in the US) wouldn't even use money as we know it (an exception would be Proudhon's mutualism), in fact during the most relevant anarcho-syndicalist experience in history (Aragón, Spain: 1930-1938) the "Peseta" of the Spanish Republica was not used at all. They had no currency nor legal tender, they just seldomly issued their own "money" which were just vouchers or IOU's with very specific uses. And BTW: anarcho-syndicalism is just a WAY or STRATEGY to reach "anarchy", or "anarcho-communism" or "libertarian communism", as many US folks like to name them to distinguish them from their very own, ill-named "anarcho-capitalism")

Fascinating experience BTW (the one in Aragón), it was a pity that both the spanish fascists and the KPSS (Russian communists) joined forced to crush what could have been one of the most relevant and game-changing revolutions in Europe's history.

Sorry of the OT, folks.

Don't be sorry. A lot of people can learn a lot from your insights into political/economic history & philosophy. Please carry on.
^ i wouldn't doubt that we're going into stagflation. shits about to hit the fan.
Activity: 371

a sign of the inflation (maybe hyperinflation) to come?

no, LOL. This is a sign of deflation. An upward rate decreases pool of prospective buyers for many assets, forcing holders to sell at lower price.

the increase is foreshadowing inflation.

but i agree with you, this will make a lot of money leave the markets...

this is not good of for the US economy.

time for more QE?

I agree inflation will follow deflation, but neither you nor I have any clue how long deflation will last. Could be weeks, months or years.

Obama just re-affirmed QE-Tapering.... http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-09-05/did-obama-just-appoint-himself-fed-chair

Probably not so good for bitcoin

Don't remember in what youtube video I saw an expert (I think it was Dr. Paul Craig Roberts but not sure) saying that the world is going into a what he called a period of deflationary inflation crisis (stagflation maybe? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stagflation).

Stagflation, a portmanteau of stagnation and inflation, is a term used in economics to describe a situation where an inflation rate is high, the economic growth rate slows down, and unemployment remains steadily high. It raises a dilemma for economic policy since actions designed to lower inflation may exacerbate unemployment, and vice versa.

and

Responses

Stagflation undermined support for Keynesian consensus. The rise of conservative theories of economics, including monetarism, can be traced to the failure of Keynesian policies to combat stagflation or explain it to the satisfaction of economists and policy-makers.[citation needed]
Federal Reserve chairman Paul Volcker very sharply increased interest rates from 1979–1983 in what was called a "disinflationary scenario." After U.S. prime interest rates had soared into the double-digits, inflation did come down; these interest rates were the highest long-term prime interest rates that had ever existed in modern capital markets.[27] Volcker is often credited with having stopped at least the inflationary side of stagflation, although the American economy also dipped into recession. Starting in approximately 1983, growth began a recovery. Both fiscal stimulus and money supply growth were policy at this time. A five- to six-year jump in unemployment during the Volcker disinflation suggests Volcker may have trusted unemployment to self-correct and return to its natural rate within a reasonable period

Something very rare and devastating.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074
I'm not sure if someone already posted this ( if yes, sorry ), but long term parabolic SAR has flipped
yesterday due to the big drop. Remains to be seen how long it stays down.
Activity: 280

no, LOL. This is a sign of deflation. An upward rate decreases pool of prospective buyers for many assets, forcing holders to sell at lower price.

time for more QE?

I like to follow this indicator. The mainstream media connects the events randomly, like "Yield rises as car sales surge", without much reasoning. The real reason could be folks starting to distrust the safety of the bonds. We'll see.
Activity: 350
This account was recently hacked
Used to use clarkmoody all the time, until it started dropping connection as soon as things got interesting.

This is my favorite Bitcoinity feature:

..nothing? lol
The ClarkMoody site seems to be working properly since last week, I think it might be being hosted on someone else's server.  I also noticed that the 'reconnect' button has gone, and it no longer makes the 'connected'/'connection lost' chimes - not that I've had it lose its connection since then.  However, it still has the same tendency to stop making noises for the trades after a while.  I like its order book, it's the easiest one to use.  If it also had market depth and moving averages then I wouldn't need to use any other sites as it'd all be in one place, especially if they included other exchanges and cryptocurrencies.
legendary
Used to use clarkmoody all the time, until it started dropping connection as soon as things got interesting.

..nothing? lol
Activity: 742
Circle gets the Square

Ultranode

time for more QE?

I agree inflation will follow deflation, but neither you nor I have any clue how long deflation will last. Could be weeks, months or years.

Obama just re-affirmed QE-Tapering.... http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-09-05/did-obama-just-appoint-himself-fed-chair

Probably not so good for bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner

time for more QE?
Activity: 350
This account was recently hacked
I'm not sure why people believe that Gox is going bust though.  0.6% of every transaction from both parties has to add up to a small mountain of cash/BTC, definitely more than they could ever have made from Magic the Gathering cards, that's for sure.  They may have lost a lot of cash with the Dwolla incident but I'd expect that they can afford it.

Excellent point MickeyT2008 - I never thought of that.
Thanks.  If I could find good market trackers like ClarkMoody, and Bitcoinity for BTC-e then I'd switch to them - 0.2% and no chance of interference from the USA with a Russian business.  Bitcoinwisdom does do BTC-e but its order book is awkward to read, the moving averages are useful though.  Maybe I should just do it anyway since I'm only trading a small amount, which means that slippage isn't really an issue on a low volume market like BTC-e.  The trollbox is irritating though, but multiple crypto trading is good - I did quite well out of LTC when Gox made their announcement and the price shot up for a while, and reasonably well from FTC too.

Bitcoinity does BTC-e
http://bitcoinity.org/markets/btce/USD
Yes, you're right of course.  It would be better though if the market depth graph didn't lag so badly.  The 0.2% commission rate also makes me much more likely to trade, with 0.6% on Gox as often as not Gox takes all the profit and I make a slight loss if the ask/bid spread isn't wide enough so I just end up sat here doing nothing instead.
Activity: 742
Circle gets the Square
I'm not sure why people believe that Gox is going bust though.  0.6% of every transaction from both parties has to add up to a small mountain of cash/BTC, definitely more than they could ever have made from Magic the Gathering cards, that's for sure.  They may have lost a lot of cash with the Dwolla incident but I'd expect that they can afford it.

Excellent point MickeyT2008 - I never thought of that.
Thanks.  If I could find good market trackers like ClarkMoody, and Bitcoinity for BTC-e then I'd switch to them - 0.2% and no chance of interference from the USA with a Russian business.  Bitcoinwisdom does do BTC-e but its order book is awkward to read, the moving averages are useful though.  Maybe I should just do it anyway since I'm only trading a small amount, which means that slippage isn't really an issue on a low volume market like BTC-e.  The trollbox is irritating though, but multiple crypto trading is good - I did quite well out of LTC when Gox made their announcement and the price shot up for a while, and reasonably well from FTC too.

Bitcoinity does BTC-e
http://bitcoinity.org/markets/btce/USD
Ultranode

no, LOL. This is a sign of deflation. An upward rate decreases pool of prospective buyers for many assets, forcing asset-holders to sell at lower price.
Jump to: