Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 31882. (Read 26409058 times)

Activity: 454
Merit: 250
Beijing is just waking up now...
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001
if china sees BTC as a way to transfer currency with little gov't scrutiny Or control we will may see the moon Sooner then I thought
and it looks to me like it is the ask depth in CNY that is pulling the us exchanges up.. time to think like a bull
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
http://imgur.com/jgwRMJo

This rally is being led by CHINA... Forget US exchanges.  The rules have now changed. Bitcoin will see a paradigm shift as China leads for the next few months since US regulators are creating a pain in the ass for US exchanges.

Only when we see $250 (my guess is by december), and the media starts talking about Bitcoin reaching new highs again, will US regulators capitulate and finally make it easy for americans to buy BTC.

Once we hit $1,000 -- average americans will be calling their investment advisors asking how to invest in bitcoin.  Wall street will pile in.

The move from $1,000 to $100,000 will happen faster then $10 to $1,000

I would watch the psychological 1000 CNY level on the Chinese exchanges. http://btckan.com/price
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1779
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

This rally is being led by CHINA... Forget US exchanges.  The rules have now changed. Bitcoin will see a paradigm shift as China leads for the next few months since US regulators are creating a pain in the ass for US exchanges.

Only when we see $250 (my guess is by december), and the media starts talking about Bitcoin reaching new highs again, will US regulators capitulate and finally make it easy for americans to buy BTC.

Once we hit $1,000 -- average americans will be calling their investment advisors asking how to invest in bitcoin.  Wall street will pile in.

go china!!!

LOL, if it gets to $180 any time soon I suspect it will 'do a 180'  Grin
Activity: 770
Merit: 501

go china!!!

Completely agree except that I don't think it will take until December to hit $250. China could easily take us there on her own.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
₪``Campaign Manager´´₪
I think you are getting ahead of yourself.  I am a bull, but BTC infrastructure is still abysmal.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100

Wow. But why buy on a three-day weekend when the coins will dry up on exchange? Could be a pump, or maybe someone is just trying to push the price past $150 to break the monotony. It could work anyway.

Then again, if it's China-driven all bets are off. We could be ready to rocket.

I think there are MANY people expecting the stock markets to crash tomorrow. The government debt default is worrying to many people, not just Americans.
I think we might be ready to rocket like we have never seen before. Perfect storm situation.
legendary
too many buys too fast. this will end in sadness.

Buy now or be left behind...

I suspect part of the problem will turn out to be that most people have already bought in at much lower than the current price.

Why is that a problem?

I wonder how many people have USD left on Gox to buy coins at the current price.

If it goes past $152 the asks start to really thin out which is when I suspect the dumping will start, if not before.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Wow. But why buy on a three-day weekend when the coins will dry up on exchange? Could be a pump, or maybe someone is just trying to push the price past $150 to break the monotony. It could work anyway.

Then again, if it's China-driven all bets are off. We could be ready to rocket.

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP

I suspect part of the problem will turn out to be that most people have already bought in at much lower than the current price.

Why is that a problem?
Activity: 223
Merit: 100
Uh Oh Wal's back. Hopefully Chod will show too.
I'm gonna retreat to the newb department before I get thrown out of here Wink
legendary

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Ultranode

Not possible when ask sum is so skimpy.
legendary
Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003
9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL

legendary
Activity: 1168
Merit: 1000
Thanks and OK. Time goes backwards the further up I look.
I don't see any real difference between now and then so I presume there's nothing to be gained here. All steady ahead. If I see an obvious skew in one of his charts, I'll take notice and ask again. Then again, maybe the acute observer finds insight in what common folk can't perceive.

If you really want to "rail", watch something like this:
bitcoin.clarkmoody.com
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Ultranode
Aaand Gox hits its >1month high as well.
Jump to: