Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32038. (Read 26471549 times)

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1013
Seems the bubble is inflating again. But the bids are so thin...
Look at what's happened to Mt Gox's relative volume:

http://data.bitcoinity.org/#caaaabegaa

legendary
Activity: 1168
Merit: 1000

standard..

Half the 210 wall has disappeared.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
200 on stamps soon.

get it while its hot!!

Wink
legendary
Activity: 1168
Merit: 1000
Even lower this time I presume. Operation Bubblepop in progress.
LOL

Bubblepop?

That's the sound of champagne bottles opening in anticipation of the ATH.

lol
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029
Everyone's dad should have a few bitcoins.
legendary
Merit: 1125
Quote from: David M ****Date Of Post=April 2013****
My old man (72 years old) just sold 100 BTC at $110.

I convinced him to buy 1000 at $8.  He has now recovered his investment plus ~40%.

I got a case of Veuve Clicquot out of it.

My old man is at it again.  Sold 100BTC at AUD$205

This time I'm getting half of a 5KW Solar Panel setup.

Total Sold: 200BTC for $31,000.  Just short of 300% realized profit on investment.
Remaining Balance: 799.5 BTC

He said he is getting old and plans to sell 100BTC at each "hundred" mark. e.g $300, $400 etc...
He's expecting to have less than 500BTC by June 2014.

Nice story Smiley

Try to make him sell after each double instead. He nets much more and the bitcoins don't run out so quickly. Wink

Tell him you rather have the Bitcoins Cheesy
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Nice story Smiley

Try to make him sell after each double instead. He nets much more and the bitcoins don't run out so quickly. Wink

He was going to unload at each $50 mark, but after returning from a holiday to Italy he pushed it to $100.

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

I convinced him to buy 1000 at $8.  He has now recovered his investment plus ~40%.

Total Sold: 200BTC for $31,000.  Just short of 300% realized profit on investment.

He said he is getting old and plans to sell 100BTC at each "hundred" mark. e.g $300, $400 etc...

Nice story Smiley

legendary
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 476
Merit: 250

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
LOL

Bubblepop?

That's the sound of champagne bottles opening in anticipation of the ATH.

LOLOL
Activity: 614
Merit: 500
Even lower this time I presume. Operation Bubblepop in progress.

Alert: trader talking his position
legendary
Merit: 1002
What happens to Bitcoin when over 50% of it is owned by wealthy elites? Time to pump something else?

And as they move out, smaller players will move away from charts and start doing business with their bitcoins.  Contraction of the bitcoin economy sows the seeds for the next expansion.  Once things have settled out, the whales will return.
Activity: 686
Ultranode
What happens to Bitcoin when over 50% of it is owned by wealthy elites? Time to pump something else?
legendary
Merit: 1002
I have a better question. Why do dozens of people on this forum who have never had any direct interaction with an ETF and no direct knowledge on the underlining motivations for starting and running one, have a fracking opinion they think is worth sharing on this forum?Huh

I do know how ETF work. In fact my stock portfolio is almost only composed of ETFs (with two lines only, one from my country's stock exchange, one from the US one).

ETF = good for valuation of bitcoin. That is all anyone needs to know. So much freaking hot air in here. LOL

I agree. Most of people here don't understand this.

Yeah, I was not obviously referring to you.  

Its actually funny, (although it annoys me when I am actually trying to find real-important-topic-related-info in a thread), how stupid so many of the bitcoin early adopters are. I mean, there is literally this unrefined, ignorant, idealistic, caveman like quality to so many of these early adopters. Bitcoin is entering a time where (HOPEFULLY!!!) more and more legitimate, well financed, regulated, structured 3rd wave Bitcoin companies, users and investors are going to enter the BTC universe. And eventually they will help drown out the noise.

I mean hats off to the non-authoritarian idealism that led to the birth and early propagation of bitcoin. But, man, evolution rules for a reason, and bitcoin is evolving into something potentially really special and massive. And its time, in my opinion, for this early adopter mentality to be replaced with a new type of visionary.  I am happy to ride that wave.

Well said.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
Did Gox lead that mini-dump?

Why do you care? All you do is come up with the most off the wall conspiratorial speculation on how a small group of secret underground bitcion elite control all the markets to their advantage and the sufferage of the rest of us.

At least when they are not doing their blood sacrifices, right? Or is it virgin burnings? I can't remember.
Activity: 518
Did Gox lead that mini-dump?

That's like asking "Does the dog lead the tail or does the tail just follow the dog?"
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
I have a better question. Why do dozens of people on this forum who have never had any direct interaction with an ETF and no direct knowledge on the underlining motivations for starting and running one, have a fracking opinion they think is worth sharing on this forum?Huh

I do know how ETF work. In fact my stock portfolio is almost only composed of ETFs (with two lines only, one from my country's stock exchange, one from the US one).

ETF = good for valuation of bitcoin. That is all anyone needs to know. So much freaking hot air in here. LOL

I agree. Most of people here don't understand this.

Yeah, I was not obviously referring to you.  

Its actually funny, (although it annoys me when I am actually trying to find real-important-topic-related-info in a thread), how stupid so many of the bitcoin early adopters are. I mean, there is literally this unrefined, ignorant, idealistic, caveman like quality to so many of these early adopters. Bitcoin is entering a time where (HOPEFULLY!!!) more and more legitimate, well financed, regulated, structured 3rd wave Bitcoin companies, users and investors are going to enter the BTC universe. And eventually they will help drown out the noise.

I mean hats off to the non-authoritarian idealism that led to the birth and early propagation of bitcoin. But, man, evolution rules for a reason, and bitcoin is evolving into something potentially really special and massive. And its time, in my opinion, for this early adopter mentality to be replaced with a new type of visionary.  I am happy to ride that wave.
Jump to: