Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32352. (Read 26469706 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
why does the majority think that the short term price of btc is going to go down? the the price was around $110 it seems to me like people are thinking that the price will be going down, however it keeps rising due the the whale buys. why would this stop? why would lots of people sell?

price is going up to fast.
whale's are buying only to dump coins elsewhere.
the news everywhere will NOT bring in new people and $.
mtgox is insolvent, yet they will soon announce that they will process withdrawals faster and this price will crash.  Cheesy

is their more?
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
HODL OR DIE
why does the majority think that the short term price of btc is going to go down? the the price was around $110 it seems to me like people are thinking that the price will be going down, however it keeps rising due the the whale buys. why would this stop? why would lots of people sell?

Not sure. It's obvious someone is buying big so there is no reason to sell now. 
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
I think the price is very much not accurate of the actual market right now due to cash flow problems at mtgox (not saying they are necessarily broke, but not being able to send out more than 10 wires a day is a cash flow problem by very definition).

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Gain more btc! https://satoshicircle.com/?aid=1718
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 371
Merit: 250

come on, in that case you would be already using the other photo and name.

This does not make sense!
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Ultranode
Activity: 371
Merit: 250
The rise is no different than in April in terms of price action. A whole lot of nothing and suddenly a big buy. Things seem to be accelerating, so my risk/reward perception is changing as well. If coins become super cheap due to a crash, I can always buy more with fresh FIAT.

Parabolic Rise 2.0, Yes please  Shocked Shocked

Volume was far more substantial in april. Any given day was typically over 100k. We peaked over 550k. March and Feb were also way more active, I'd say 50-100k, avg day.
This is more or less correct. Volume in April at this price level blows current volume out of the water. Not much panic buying to be seen.

great picture ! So it is just volume moving to bitstamp and others from gox, but not selling or the difference between gox and bitstamp would be bigger and not reducing. is this correct?

Also there are way more exchanges now than before. And just the chinese market is bigger than btc-e

walsoraj you are just frightened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zZGNk8pUj4Y#t=21
legendary
Activity: 1246
The rise is no different than in April in terms of price action. A whole lot of nothing and suddenly a big buy. Things seem to be accelerating, so my risk/reward perception is changing as well. If coins become super cheap due to a crash, I can always buy more with fresh FIAT.

Volume was far more substantial in april. Any given day was typically over 100k. We peaked over 550k. March and Feb were also way more active, I'd say 50-100k, avg day.
This is more or less correct. Volume in April at this price level blows current volume out of the water. Not much panic buying to be seen.

So you're saying that trading volume on MtGox has gone down since April? Gosh who would have thought that after all the Gox screw ups since then? This is really big news to us all...

Volume going down and price going up based almost solely on mega whale buys interrupted by days or even weeks of almost no volume is a terrible sign for most stocks. This shit happens all the time in scammy penny stocks. Whales left holding the bag trying to exit. It is not pretty.

You're clearly panicking, and that's okay because that means more profit for me. Grin The whales left behind with loads of fiat on Gox have nobody to blame but themselves for this, you all knew the issues MtGox were having and what the risk was. You could have gotten out earlier, but no you whales refuse to give other exchanges a chance and wanted to stay on a sinking ship. Well have fun and hang in there, maybe wishful thinking will make people sell their bitcoin to you for single digits one day on Gox. Wouldn't count on it though. Tongue
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 826
Merit: 508
ya mtgox had more market share back them

they have been losing market share ever since may.
I get it. It's just that you only showed Bitstamp...... which really doesn't say much about volume in April.
Ultranode

Volume going down and price going up based almost solely on mega whale buys interrupted by days or even weeks of almost no volume is a terrible sign for most stocks. This shit happens all the time in scammy penny stocks. Whales left holding the bag trying to exit. It is not pretty.

Very risky indeed but also an excellent opportunity.

Good luck calling the top. it will turn on a dime and may crumble a lot faster than before
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes

Very risky indeed but also an excellent opportunity.
Ultranode
guys, whatever..

The bottom line: there is NO reason to believe fiat is flowing in (to Gox or its competition) at anywhere near the rate it is leaving the system entirely. This means rapid boom, then another burst. This will be worse than last April.

Bitstamp's occasional higher volume over gox is meaningless in the larger picture of fiat in the system. On gox, i see 5.5 million USD to $100 (from $138), on Bitstamp it is under 800k USD to $100 (from $125). That is hilarious. Bitstamp and the competition are just portals to cash out. ffs.

wake up ppl. Everyone wants out. Only way out is to buy.

want me to make a poll?  Tongue

In the official bitcoin forums, filled with irrational turbo-bulls? No thx
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
guys, whatever..

The bottom line: there is NO reason to believe fiat is flowing in (to Gox or its competition) at anywhere near the rate it is leaving the system entirely. This means rapid boom, then another burst. This will be worse than last April.

Bitstamp's occasional higher volume over gox is meaningless in the larger picture of fiat in the system. On gox, i see 5.5 million USD to $100 (from $138), on Bitstamp it is under 800k USD to $100 (from $125). That is hilarious. Bitstamp and the competition are just portals to cash out. ffs.

want me to make a poll?  Tongue
Ultranode

So you're saying that trading volume on MtGox has gone down since April? Gosh who would have thought that after all the Gox screw ups since then? This is really big news to us all...

legendary
Activity: 1246

Ultranode
guys, whatever..

legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner

ya mtgox had more market share back them

they have been losing market share ever since may.
Activity: 826
Merit: 508

Jump to: