Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32417. (Read 26470715 times)

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
There we go.  Grin

25$ difference with Cavirtex.

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Serious question: why ratio is important?

If someone puts 10m into orderbook on bid side at 90usd what difference does it make? There are no money deposits coming into mtgox so it does not mean that there is money flowing into mtgox, so what is its significance?

I consider this and other trading concepts all the time.

Who cares what the orderbook has in terms of depth past the first XXX number of orders on each side?
I mean, if someone is selling at $250 right now...it's of no consequence to anyone, same as if someone is buying at $90...their orders will probably not be filled in a time frame that influences the current price. I agree that it can embolden the bidders/sellers to be ahead of the wall on either side though. (But take that price pressure with a grain of salt.)

Also, in my opinion the top orders on the bid side are worth far more than the lowest orders on the sell side, why?

We hear all the time that bitcoin "is only worth what someone will pay for it", yet we rarely hear that bitcoin is worth "the lowest someone will sell it for"...something to consider. Depending on the price/buying momentum it CAN be worth the "lowest someone is willing to sell for" but that is a far more rare scenario to see that then the reverse.

Just some thoughts on speculation...
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
legendary
Activity: 686
Ultranode

If someone puts 10m into orderbook on bid side at 90usd what difference does it make? There are no money deposits coming into mtgox so it does not mean that there is money flowing into mtgox, so what is its significance?

Increased depth boosts confidence, dummy. i.e., less fear of flash crash b/c has to eat through a mountain of bids.

I know, b/c most of it belongs to the winklevii and I. We keep detailed stats and have been TA'ing the shit out of it for months.

Gotta protect our investment
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
HODL OR DIE

That's an assumption. It is possible big market makers can get money on and off gox. Are JPY banking issues a problem in country? Because if not, a big player would just move money to Japan, perhaps start a small company there, and continue to buy and sell as usual. Why is plus500 still dealing their CDFs at gox prices if they could not hedge on/off without getting $ stuck there? Never underestimate the resources of people with millions of dollars.

That said, I think the order book ratio is skewed too high, as huge bids at $10 are rather irrelevant.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250

legendary
legendary
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1414
HODL OR DIE
legendary
legendary
legendary
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile
Looks like we are going up and in more than one way (TA, bid/sum, etc.)

And something to think about, as Mining is getting bigger and bigger (bigger money, players, etc.) one has to consider that the miners (companies?) will and should also invest into BTC. Yeah, that sounds odd,
mining coins and not selling them and yet buying coins. But big money has to support itself IF people do not. Not saying that will happen, but it happens in many business models, in the sense like look at Amazon, how they sold books at little to no profit to get things rolling.

100% agreed my friend, many indicators say we are going up, only uncertain factor is the distortion of the price cause by Gox problems with withdrawals.

Glad I bought back at 101.9x 30% of what I sold at $129, now wondering in which spot to place the next bid...  $105ish?

Thinks are getting interesting nevertheless.

Welcome back!

It looks like we have some support at 111. Using Gann, I'm seeing a move to 120-130 or so. Right about then it looks like a rising wedge might be completed, but I'm not convinced of it as this move looks strong (and some big pocketed players like to "create" patterns imo). You can see my Gann chart below. You really have to follow it to see where things end up. Last target, if we don't break down at that double red ring, would be the outer double red ring range. Both charts are working nicely so far.

For what it is worth, 105 is too close to my entry point and support on the 4hr, I'd be careful there. Not saying don't do it, and you are a good trader so would know when we get there, but with Gann, my stop loss is basically where the chart starts and that is within $1 of it.

Daily - https://www.tradingview.com/e/2Rh6HJ0Q/

4 hr - https://www.tradingview.com/e/xLPCriqP/#
Activity: 686
Ultranode
any graph that does not include a pic of the moon, and oort cloud, is false.
legendary
Jump to: