Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32413. (Read 26470681 times)

legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1022
I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.
Suggestion for chartbuddy: Make the leading price edge line, the front line on z-axis if you will, a rainbow gradient with each pure color set on a modulus 10 price point. Say, red (#FF0000) is pegged to $100, and each $10 dollar increment has a gradient progression to the next pure color in either direction ($90 is Violet, $110 is Orange, etc.). That way, when the screens are put together in video format, we can easily determine the price movement.

Just an idea. What do you guys think?
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
However, if price rises in other exchanges, that can only be because of bitcoin demand exceeding supply. You cannot twist it anywhere.

I would therefore closely follow the pricing in Bitstamp and others, and that has been on a rise lately. It is tempting to think that the going price is $120 (Gox), but I would more likely put it at $103. If I were to buy, I would not try to send money at Gox to buy at 20% premium, I would use Bitstamp.

Bitstamp has 5k less coins in their Ask compared to 1-2 weeks ago.   Most likely, they have all been move to Gox to sell.

I believe the buying pressure in Bitstamp has just consumed the coins.

Gox situation is special. I don't believe that their bid side comes from true demand, because it is so much easier to use other exchanges for buying, and their price is also much lower. To me it seems that most of Gox bids are money trying to escape Gox in the form of bitcoins.

This money is orginally as Gox-USD, and most of the owners want it converted back to USD after escaping from Gox. It does not change the total bitcoin supply-demand, because it is both originally and eventually USD. Bitcoin is therefore used only as a value transmit mechanism for Gox-USD.

So it's a run on Gox then ...

A 20%+ risk premium over the other main USD exchanges would certainly point in that direction.
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
So it's a run on Gox then ...

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

The very jittery all 'did a runner' from MtGox when the Dwolla incident happened.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
However, if price rises in other exchanges, that can only be because of bitcoin demand exceeding supply. You cannot twist it anywhere.

I would therefore closely follow the pricing in Bitstamp and others, and that has been on a rise lately. It is tempting to think that the going price is $120 (Gox), but I would more likely put it at $103. If I were to buy, I would not try to send money at Gox to buy at 20% premium, I would use Bitstamp.

Bitstamp has 5k less coins in their Ask compared to 1-2 weeks ago.   Most likely, they have all been move to Gox to sell.

I believe the buying pressure in Bitstamp has just consumed the coins.

Gox situation is special. I don't believe that their bid side comes from true demand, because it is so much easier to use other exchanges for buying, and their price is also much lower. To me it seems that most of Gox bids are money trying to escape Gox in the form of bitcoins.

This money is orginally as Gox-USD, and most of the owners want it converted back to USD after escaping from Gox. It does not change the total bitcoin supply-demand, because it is both originally and eventually USD. Bitcoin is therefore used only as a value transmit mechanism for Gox-USD.

legendary
Activity: 232
Merit: 100

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
This account was recently hacked
MtGox seems to be down, or at least it is from my computer anyway, yet there still seem to be a few trades happening

503 Service Temporarily Unavailable

EDIT:  It's working again
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
a break of $115 (if sustained) is truly bullish (wether driven by gox crap situation or not doesn't matter)

If price rises in Gox, all or part of it can be attributed to Gox crap situation (and dismissed as evidence).

i agree. and then we maybe see the real current volumeallocation.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
a break of $115 (if sustained) is truly bullish (wether driven by gox crap situation or not doesn't matter)

If price rises in Gox, all or part of it can be attributed to Gox crap situation (and dismissed as evidence).

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
I heard joe Lewis was investing in bitcoin
PayPal too (decently plausible??)

you're joking , right?

still , gox is funny
a 55k dump will only bring the price to 100 (btc,bitstamp)
a 55k buy , ... over 1100 =)))))

I think that can be done today Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
$180 within 12 hrs. it is certain.

fuck you bears.

*edit*

bam, just hit $120. we on unstoppable tear

actually it does, it matters a lot...

No, still bullish regardless

How is a bank run bullish?

Not bullish for the bank ....

BTC run on Gox =/= a run on BTC for USD
It's bullish because mtgox is a market leader and prices do tend to follow gox's direction
Gox passing $115 is bullish because it confirms a wave 3 after the five waves down to $65.
Plus it is guideline for a head n shoulders breakout I think
and $122 now
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust

you're joking , right?

still , gox is funny
a 55k dump will only bring the price to 100 (btc,bitstamp)
a 55k buy , ... over 1100 =)))))
legendary
Merit: 1125

fuck you bears.

*edit*

Not bullish for the bank ....
legendary
Activity: 84
Merit: 10

fuck you bears.

*edit*

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1013
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
Why do people suddenly start selling after the price has reached 120? Doesn't make much sense to me?

because 8h rise from 111 to almost 121 will definitely have some kind of a correction soon?

Yeah sure but people who keep that in mind would sell before 120? Or part of the ask wall at 120. No?

people buy and sell all day at wtv price rang happens to be in

1000$ tomorrow?

we need to come up with some news

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Why do people suddenly start selling after the price has reached 120? Doesn't make much sense to me?

because 8h rise from 111 to almost 121 will definitely have some kind of a correction soon?

Yeah sure but people who keep that in mind would sell before 120? Or part of the ask wall at 120. No?
Jump to: