Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32422. (Read 26470758 times)

donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
A tsunami of buying pressure and a record number of transactions yesterday:
https://blockchain.info/charts/n-transactions

Bitcoin looking to maintain its 4-year trend in spectacular style...

to be fair: the record number of tx is from people moving stuff from their possibly compromisable android-generated privkeys.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094
Market is starting to look erratic, capitulation is coming.

So, do you believe we are in wave B now? That was my theory, but the higher top 2 days ago made me doubt it.
My theory is that the Elliot wave pattern has a rising base, due to the BTC withdrawals from MtGox.
So the peak of August 1st was the real wave 5, and the peak of August 15 was wave B's top.
But capitulation is associated with cash-out. If the main way to cash out of Gox is via BTC purchase,
can't we see 5 capitulation sub-waves that move the price up instead of down?
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
He means we are going to 180 by monday. it is certain.

He means he is short and wants it to go down Grin

Even this wouldn't stop it at that point.

lol

Look at the time periods, they are becoming shorter. Once they are below a certain threshold price collapses.
legendary

He means he is short and wants it to go down Grin

Even this wouldn't stop it at that point.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

You mean down?

Yes, enjoy the show.
I believe it 'll go down too, though I am not really sure.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Ultranode
legendary

You mean down?

Yes, enjoy the show.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes

You mean down?
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
So long as we can't move fiat around to the largest exchange, what difference does it make if its a weekend?

Bank transfers don't go out any day of the week, so what's slowing things down on the weekend? Seems that people would have more time to trade since it's a weekend.

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Ultranode
How many months has it been since we've seen real REAL action on a weekend? This could be an omen
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
==== STOP READING IF YOUR IN A SERIOUS MOOD, THIS IS JUST A LAUGH ===

From ABN AMRO's website talking about japanese brokerage services....

"So why is this different from everywhere?  Because in Japan the volume is so low it should be easy to process with the available technology. Consider, a large broker in Japan processing 25,000 transactions per day normally, might peak at 100,000 transactions and struggle to balance each day vs. the exchange.  By contrast the same firm’s brokerage operation in the US might easily process 1,000,000 per day, such that broker firms operating in Japan seem backward by comparison.

As a result in terms of costs, Japanese commission rates for investors are 100x higher than the level that could easily be achieved with technology and process improvements available today."

Ummmmmmmmm so gox, how about more than 10 international SWIFT withdraws a day...?

Ultranode
it is my friends the winklevii protecting their investment. they have tens of mils $ on gox to play with.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
BOOM !  Cheesy

Right at the end of a descending triangle ... these big buyers are certainly looking at TA and timing their trades accordingly. That was a make or break point. Could have gone either way. Someone wants it to go up ...

First thing I noticed as well. We learned this on the move up from $65 as well...
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094
On bitcoincharts it looks like it went up to 114, I think clarkmoody is not working in real time.
PS. Refreshed clarkmoody, not it shows corrected to 114.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
heh, 2k bought an immedieatle walls set up at 112 Tongue
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
₪``Campaign Manager´´₪
that will bring down the price of btc's in Yen, won't solve the USD price from being high (unless it is somehow possible to convert dollars to yen at gox).
You can buy from someone in USD using EUR.
So you are saying I can convert euros to usd in mtgox?  I highly doubt that is a standard practice to be honest.
Maybe people with huge accounts can ask for special service.

Maybe you meant that BTC connects all currencies in gox, but that still doesn't change anything.
Yes they convert currency for 2.5% fee. If I send Canadian dollar without a Canadian account they will convert to USD.
Oh, I didn't know that, thanks.
Jump to: