Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32473. (Read 26471458 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!
The DDOS, together with removal of some bid walls to plunge the bid sum, and the multi-selling was a clear attempt at creating panic, but it failed miserably. Guess its Up for the short term.

I can't believe people are still pulling this stunt.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 502
I got all excited about a page 1403 and it was just someone complaining about a lack of posting activity.

FML

Let's be drinking buddies, FOL.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
I got all excited about a page 1403 and it was just someone complaining about a lack of posting activity.

FML
I get all excited for a new post in this thread and it's just ChartBuddy.

FML
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 896
4 minutes, well here we go Six minute.

Eh, this has happened before, and it never ended up causing any panic. Now, if a whale sold right now, and Gox didnt fix the lag.. well...

I think it caused a bit of panic on the 10th of April.

Long time ago with a lot more lag [in the hours]
Activity: 27
Merit: 1
The DDOS, together with removal of some bid walls to plunge the bid sum, and the multi-selling was a clear attempt at creating panic, but it failed miserably. Guess its Up for the short term.

Yeah, some people with lots of money on Gox, put up the walls, then hit the servers with DDOS, then pull the walls, and hoped for a sell off.

The question is, why put the walls back up? Was it a test?

Could have been I suppose, if they actually wanted the price to go down I think it would have worked better without the DDOS.

I think by now most people see the huge lag and no actual trades happening and therefor nothing happens.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile

Yeah, some people with lots of money on Gox, put up the walls, then hit the servers with DDOS, then pull the walls, and hoped for a sell off.

The question is, why put the walls back up? Was it a test?
legendary
Activity: 1428
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Ultranode
this is what happens when rpetilia tries to manipulate. total failure
Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Do you see the sharp drops in bid sum? The first one persuaded me to dump into the 106.1 wall earlier today.
They should be correlated with significant price drops...

Because...?
Do you see the sharp drops in bid sum? The first one persuaded me to dump into the 106.1 wall earlier today.
They should be correlated with significant price drops, but the first one had almost no effect on the market.

Because nobody wants to sell into a 3 month queue :\
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094

They should be correlated with significant price drops, but the first one had almost no effect on the market.
More of the same.

There can be no rally or sell off on Gox, well meaningful ones anyway, with their asinine delays.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile
Stupid DDoS and dump attack. To succeed they should have DDoSed MtGox while NOT dumping on MtGox but on Bitstamp.
The market depth there is much smaller and they could have dropped the price by 8$ with the same amount of BTC required
to drop 2$ on MtGox. Now when the spread between MtGox and Bitstamp would have been 16$ instead of the usual 8$,
what would many of us think? Let's dump on MtGox while I can get in front of others, 8$ drop is a big deal.

Dumping on Stamp won't have the same effect. If they can hit the "leader", they can knock everyone down.

The good news, if they did try a DDOS, they failed pretty miserably. Anyway, we are down a little but still in a trading range.

What next?...
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094
Stupid DDoS and dump attack. To succeed they should have DDoSed MtGox while NOT dumping on MtGox but on Bitstamp.
The market depth there is much smaller and they could have dropped the price by 8$ with the same amount of BTC required
to drop 2$ on MtGox. Now when the spread between MtGox and Bitstamp would have been 16$ instead of the usual 8$,
what would many of us think? Let's dump on MtGox while I can get in front of others, 8$ drop is a big deal.
Activity: 770
Merit: 501
i wonder if this will change with the new trading engine...

edit: looks like lags gone now
2n edit: nope still some seconds  Smiley
not sure it's a DDoS, site comes up right away and login took 1 second.

Yeah it's not unusual for this to happen.
Activity: 255
Merit: 250
not sure it's a DDoS, site comes up right away and login took 1 second.
Jump to: