Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32532. (Read 26471458 times)

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

Well, it's still early days...what if we are at $20 rather than $95?

thennnnnnn I'd be finding work  Grin

and possibly buying with whatever money i had, depending on the circumstances of why it's at $20. but y'know, "buy when there's blood on the streets"
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
someone is trying to keep the price up...price is at about 93...then placing bids at 95...blocks of 100s...

trying to keep up the price, or buying before the other waiting buyers below him?

I say the former, because the highest bid is 94.1...about to slip to 93...then bid for 200 is placed for 95.0 (a $1 gap up)...that's eaten up, back down to almost 93 and another 200 bid is placed for 95...then a few 10 bids for 94.999...you get the picture...

interesting..

It's still happening right now...

It took 5 to 6 months for the June 2011 bubble to fully deflate and begin a new upturn...the June 2011 bubble is the most similar bubble to the present bubble...we have just past month 3 since the ATH so it is possible the bottom might not occur for several months yet...

I really don't think this bubble and the june 2011 bubble's market dynamics are that similar as many on this board lead us to believe. We thought Bitcoin was over as it was nearing $2. This is not the case now, rather we all know it's going to eventually go back up. It's a matter of deciding who's going to buy how many at what price right now provided purchases don't push us to the upside too much (see rally from 60s to $104), or even perhaps simple indecision, versus "Ahhhh gotta get rid of all my coins before they're entirely worthless  Shocked" + "ahhh $2, buy when there's blood on the streets  Grin"

Well, it's still early days...what if we are at $20 rather than $95?
legendary
We did it. Bitcoin is stable  Grin.
Chartbuddy will be alone in this thread forever.

this feels eerily of the period we had of the pirate@40 aftermath. just indecision and boring forum activity for months, then...

What happened 'then' after the boredom ? I wasn't around to see it ...

excruciatingly slow climb back to the 2012 top in August ($16ish), then blast off, pausing for a bit before the old ATH of $32, $266. To me, that 2012 top feels quite  reminiscent of the $130, perhaps $160, region we fell to right after the most recent ATH of $266.

http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/mtgoxUSD#czsg2012-08-03zeg2013-02-28ztgSzm1g10zm2g25zv

So I suppose I should enter in a guess: once we climb back towards $130, I assume the market rallies itself and launches back up as people will be afraid to sell because of the thought of missing out on higher prices. I assume at this point we'd get some heavy oscillations in price before we settle somewhere for a decent amount of time, then who knows. not a very serious guess of course, but I could see it.

Thanks ... yeah, that looked like a good time to take a break !
And this looks like it's going nowhere fast, probably not until the Gox issues get resolved  

Seeing as bitcoin awareness is a lot more prevalent versus anytime before, plus more people working on bitcoin, plus learning from what we already know, etc. etc., I imagine that the speed at which we progress through these price processes is accelerating at some pace.
legendary
someone is trying to keep the price up...price is at about 93...then placing bids at 95...blocks of 100s...

trying to keep up the price, or buying before the other waiting buyers below him?

I say the former, because the highest bid is 94.1...about to slip to 93...then bid for 200 is placed for 95.0 (a $1 gap up)...that's eaten up, back down to almost 93 and another 200 bid is placed for 95...then a few 10 bids for 94.999...you get the picture...

interesting..

It took 5 to 6 months for the June 2011 bubble to fully deflate and begin a new upturn...the June 2011 bubble is the most similar bubble to the present bubble...we have just past month 3 since the ATH so it is possible the bottom might not occur for several months yet...

I really don't think this bubble and the june 2011 bubble's market dynamics are that similar as many on this board lead us to believe. We thought Bitcoin was over as it was nearing $2. This is not the case now, rather we all know it's going to eventually go back up. It's a matter of deciding who's going to buy how many at what price right now provided purchases don't push us to the upside too much (see rally from 60s to $104), or even perhaps it's just simple indecision, versus "Ahhhh gotta get rid of all my coins before they're entirely worthless  Shocked" + "ahhh $2, buy when there's blood on the streets  Grin"

legendary

this feels eerily of the period we had of the pirate@40 aftermath. just indecision and boring forum activity for months, then...

What happened 'then' after the boredom ? I wasn't around to see it ...

excruciatingly slow climb back to the 2012 top in August ($16ish), then blast off, hesitating for juuuust a bit before the old ATH of $32, then shortly thereafter $266. To me, that 2012 top feels quite  reminiscent of the $130, perhaps $160, region we fell to right after the most recent ATH.

http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/mtgoxUSD#czsg2012-08-03zeg2013-02-28ztgSzm1g10zm2g25zv

So I suppose I should enter in a guess: once we climb back towards $130, I assume the market rallies itself and launches back up as people will be afraid to sell because of the thought of missing out on higher prices. I assume at this point we'd get some heavy oscillations in price before we settle somewhere for a decent amount of time, then who knows. not a very serious guess of course, but I could see it.

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
I say we are heading down in the next 2 or 3 days and hard. I just see it in the recent candles and am just reaffirming my call from 2 days ago.

https://www.tradingview.com/v/ENNkKgZG/

https://www.tradingview.com/v/9xZjS6XL/

Would you sell?

Bingo, who is confident having Fiat on Gox right now?

This is what prevents the sliding down and will continue to until/if ever Withdrawal Hiatus is gone
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary

legendary

which leads me to think: I think I'm going to get off btc talk now, and get back to my life
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014
We did it. Bitcoin is stable  Grin.
legendary
legendary
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1022
I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.
Just in time to be fashionably 1337.
legendary
legendary
legendary