Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32536. (Read 26471398 times)

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1801
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 112
Merit: 10

come on whales, just buy that freaking wall!
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
woulda coulda shoulda
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
lol i officially have 0.01$   Ahhhh it feels good to be fiat free  Grin Grin Grin

and now, i need to buy more bitcoin  Undecided

I know that feeling. I have a good 15% of my assets in BTC and I want more and more but...
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
lol i officially have 0.01$   Ahhhh it feels good to be fiat free  Grin Grin Grin

and now, i need to buy more bitcoin  Undecided
legendary
legendary
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
Feels like big dumpers are consenting to wait to see if we can reach the necessary momentum for them to dump at sustainable prices.

LOL, there's no momentum at all right now.

I wouldn't have the patience to wait till bloody Christmas.

Dude, I've been waiting for 2.5 years now for my gold parity. Still not even close. I expect to have to wait at least another 1.5 years.

Depends what you're waiting for. There will be at least a big miner or SR dealer or two wanting their fiat for life things much sooner than all that. I'm just apprehensive at not having seen a really big dump yet despite the bid side being ripe for a harvest

I think you should fundamentally rethink your views and timeframes. The fact that you joined this forum 3 days before the crash speaks volumes.

Volumes eh. I was very lucky that my wire transfers didn't get through until after the crash!

That (you lost loads of money) was not what I meant when I pointed to your registration date. I meant you had only experience a certain type of bitcoin market condition.

I agree with thezergs analysis regarding this.
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
Created                         Buy/Sell     Amount           CAD/BTC   Value          Status   
July 26, 2013, 5:08 p.m.   Buy            0.0650/0.0650   88.00004   5.72 CAD   Open

5.72 CAD  Cool

i wish i had more money to take advantage of these low prices at virtex.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
As "myself" said in another chat, this is the $96 wall:

Cheesy
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010
Feels like big dumpers are consenting to wait to see if we can reach the necessary momentum for them to dump at sustainable prices.

Dude, I've been waiting for 2.5 years now for my gold parity. Still not even close. I expect to have to wait at least another 1.5 years.

Depends what you're waiting for. There will be at least a big miner or SR dealer or two wanting their fiat for life things much sooner than all that. I'm just apprehensive at not having seen a really big dump yet despite the bid side being ripe for a harvest

I think you should fundamentally rethink your views and timeframes. The fact that you joined this forum 3 days before the crash speaks volumes.

Volumes eh. I was very lucky that my wire transfers didn't get through until after the crash!

Anyway, my limited experience here has led me to expect fairly big dumps fairly frequently providing that the bid side gets steep and price isn't going choo choo. Other than manipulators, I figured that there might be some of the bigger BTC earners out there preferring fiat for now rather than speculating in this post-bubble and probable/debatable bear market. Do you reckon I'm wrong to expect a big dump any day?

The big dumps (w/o similar big buys) ARE a post dump phenomenon.  Someday they will stop.  And if you look to the past you'll see the price slowly rising in 2012 from 4.x to 13 before the big launch.  You don't want to miss 4.x to 13 that didn't suck one bit :-).  And personally I don't think it will rise even that slowly... in 2012 bitcoin was still "dead", now its just post bubble.  It already did that.  The only thing holding it down now is fear.  Lots of awesome but "building-a-base" news has come out last few weeks...

I think honestly that its even hard to entirely characterize what happened as a bubble when you have a price that doubled 5 times but stabilized at *only* 4 doublings.  Its something new & I think bitcoin behavior is going to be the subject of a key chapter in intro Econ textbooks 2025.  "bubble" is the closest term we've got today, but a better description would be over-eager investment in a technology that is world changing.  In 1999 the total market cap of all internet companies trying to do X routinely exceeded even the most optimistic projection of X by 10 to 100 times (there were 10-100 companies each valued as if it would gain the entire market share).  That's a bubble.

I've got no questions about what that wall (not pulled when touched so not fake) at 96 is doing.  Somebody wants coins for very long term investment.  He doesn't care if he gets them today or next month, so just places a likely wall and lets people sell into it.  A wall like this is a way to communicate to big sellers that a buyer is there.  Many here forget that if you look at the BTC graph over a relatively short 5 year time frame it is freaking incredible.  But its THAT graph that most investors (vs speculators daytraders, etc) care about.

donator

Anyway, my limited experience here has led me to expect fairly big dumps fairly frequently providing that the bid side gets steep and price isn't going choo choo. Other than manipulators, I figured that there might be some of the bigger BTC earners out there preferring fiat for now rather than speculating in this post-bubble and probable/debatable bear market. Do you reckon I'm wrong to expect a big dump any day?

yeah, I do. But it's unfounded, just my gut. I'm feeling really safe nowadays for some reason. But again, maybe we're looking at different timeframes.

legendary
Activity: 894
Merit: 501

legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 508
$67 wont be touched again this year.

It'll be a long time before we finally break $115. No false breakout, just plain pure fucking bitcoin rocket once we break it. Maybe a little pause getting rid of the first stage fuel containers at around $180.

That'll happen before or after, but not at Christmas.
Bold predictions. See you on the order book.  Wink
donator

donator

1.5 years might be a bit optimistic for gold in double digits  Cheesy

gold is in the double digits: 13.84 BTC/oz

:-)
Jump to: