Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 326. (Read 26463979 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 217
I really doubt we are breaking the ATH this summer. After the election we might get some up significant movement but at the moment demand just isn't there or maybe supply is just insatiable. I’m thinking supply and I'm convinced there is a lot of paper bitcoin being printed at the moment.

In the meantime just DCA.
You really got me cracking with that last part, "in the main time just DCA".
But is it even possible that the elections are affecting the price value at the moment, or  are politicians pulling out supply to invest in the forthcoming elections in the U.S, since you rightly said supply is insatiable at the moment. However my question is, how impactful can the elections be on the price fluctuation?

I didn't mean that the elections have anything to do with it. It just seems that would be a good time for things to get going again, you know, a couple months after the end of summer. I should of probably just said October/November.
Yeah I get your point now, the elections are around November, I believe the dust will settle down and everything will come to normalcy after the election, who knows we might actually break the ATH. But for now, let's just keep on with the DCA just as you've earlier said.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

Explanation
Chartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
legendary

Explanation
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 2617
legendary

Explanation
legendary

Explanation
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 2963
Man who stares at charts (and stars, too...)
70's now gone?  
In the bullrun that was none?
Cheap corn, anyone?

OT: Remember the red color blotch in my last Astro pic? It was the fault of the stacking process in my software. Used a different program to do the dirty work and edited it the same (kind of, but a little better this time). First world problem solved  Grin Here's to the update: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.64194460
So long, and thanks for all the merits!

This is not a game.
Red color causing me pain.
MtGox is to blame.

#bruisedandbatteredhaiku

HAHa, at the exact point where I read "MtGox is to blame." the vid I was watching said blame at the exact time. LOL

Little things in life amuse me. Smiley

https://youtu.be/OdF5erDRO-c?t=1025

LOL, yes, little "coincidences" like this make you wonder...

Interesting video too. I have an i9 13-th gen. Fuck. I knew I should have gotten an AMD...

I still think for the price, the i7-14700F is the better chip.  It doesn't seem to be involved in the misreoresentation-gate either but I'm still researching.

https://nanoreview.net/en/cpu-compare/intel-core-i7-14700f-vs-amd-ryzen-7-7800x3d

When comparing the specs, though, the AMD looks better in terms of efficiency: 8 AMD cores vs. 20 Intel cores. I would expect the Intel to outperform the R7 by at least 75%.
With half the base frequency, the i7 is a power-saver, as long as it would not be challenged too often.
From my personal experience dealing with astronomical data, i would decide for the Intel, because the stacking is CPU-intensive, while editing is mostly GPU-intensive IF using an Nvidia card with a good number of CUDA cores.
For everyday desktop use, i wouldn't even care performance wise, but keep an eye on energy efficiency and noise (heat).
Gaming? Needs a good balance between GPU and CPU power. The Ryzen wins with more PCI-X lanes, here.
legendary

Explanation
legendary

Explanation
legendary

Explanation
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1884
Verified Bitcoin Hodler
I continue to wish there were more ways to interact with BTC.. so yeah, these matters are taking time.,, If I go to a store and I want to buy something that is one thing, but another thing is if I go to a garage sale and I want to buy a desk or some furniture or maybe I want to buy my neighbor's car..

Yeah I get the feeling. But I think the problem is that people would rather keep their Bitcoin as a store of value. And I get it. If I can spend whatever fiat that I have for any of my purchases, then I am going to use fiat. I know I don't want to part with some of my Bitcoin for at LEAST the next 10-20 years.

btc on exchanges at an all time low
I guess someone wants to buy / is buying cheap...

That is a bit terrifying if you hold your Bitcoin on an exchange... Imagine they refuse to give you your Bitcoin back because they don't have any?

Hopefully no one here is foolish enough to keep coins on an exchange. NYKNYC.

Well, not all of it. Gotta have a little. Just to make the government nervous. Tongue

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 4738
You're never too old to think young.

That is a bit terrifying if you hold your Bitcoin on an exchange... Imagine they refuse to give you your Bitcoin back because they don't have any?

Hopefully no one here is foolish enough to keep coins on an exchange. NYKNYC.
legendary

Explanation
legendary

Explanation
legendary

Explanation
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 10832
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
[edited out]
well one of us could be correct. or maybe it just goes sideways in the 66-68 slot for a while.
I am pretty sure that if each of us is largely saying that the BTC price could go up, down, sideways or maybe it won't, then it is likely that both of us are going to end up being correct.
Brief and funny Grin

We are supposed to be mad at each other.

Don't you remember?

There has been a trend of lower and lower supply of bitcoin being held on exchanges - so what else is new?

We already know that there is a risk in holding bitcoin on exchanges, yet I doubt that the longer term bitcoiners are holding very large portions of their coins on exchanges.

Mine are not exact numbers, but I recall having something like 50% of my BTC on exchanges in 2016-ish, and then in 2017, I reduced that down to 15-18%.  Then about between about 2018 and 2020,  I reduced to about 10-12%.. somewhere between 2021 and 2022 I got down to  8%, and even now there can be a bit of variance, but usually I will have between 3% to 5% of my bitcoin investment portfolio value on exchanges (or somehow held with third parties)..   

I consider these to not be unreasonable risks - including that I have always engaged in some levels of interactions with exchanges, and yeah, sure most of my losses in bitcoin do relate to issues with exchanges and even sim swap matters, so I can also understand that some bitcoiners are not going to want to engage in bitcoin through third parties - yet at the same time, our more major problem seems to be ongoing abilities to communicate with one another directly and to be able to buy, sell and transact peer to peer.

I continue to wish there were more ways to interact with BTC.. so yeah, these matters are taking time.,, If I go to a store and I want to buy something that is one thing, but another thing is if I go to a garage sale and I want to buy a desk or some furniture or maybe I want to buy my neighbor's car.. The state is so vindictive in various kinds of private transactions, including that we used to be able to self-report various kinds of transactions or not even report them, so yeah bitcoin is going to continue to play a role in these matters, and it is not going to necessarily be straight-forward when we might be asked to report transactions that we might consider to not need to be reported... Of course, the powers that be might want to know if I go to my local farmer to buy some chicken, milk, beef and some  vegetables... Many people are forcecd into using third party services for accounting conveniences, which truly might not be the better way to transact, even though the farmers might not even know and/or realize about bitcoin as one of their transaction possibilities.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1884
Verified Bitcoin Hodler

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
[edited out]
well one of us could be correct. or maybe it just goes sideways in the 66-68 slot for a while.

I am pretty sure that if each of us is largely saying that the BTC price could go up, down, sideways or maybe it won't, then it is likely that both of us are going to end up being correct.

Brief and funny Grin
legendary

Explanation
legendary

Explanation