Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32897. (Read 26467885 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Everyone and his mother is long on Bitfinex.  Shocked
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
I wish that wall at 115 would get removed.
People are willing to buy, the price wants to go up. Why sell at 115.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
Hello everybody, just got back from work.

Ehm ... again BuyGox.com vs. BitDump.net?
Ok i'll have a beer.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Anyway. No dumping happening.

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
Maybe it's just me but it seems a little strange that the US government are fining foreign banks huge amounts of money for doing business in different parts of the world.

Surely you read at least 2 story paragraphs...?
"...(DFS) said Mitsubishi-UFJ moved billions of dollars through its New York branch between 2002 and 2007..."

they should've used their bitcoin account.
Activity: 560
Maybe it's just me but it seems a little strange that the US government are fining foreign banks huge amounts of money for doing business in different parts of the world.

Surely you read at least 2 story paragraphs...?
"...(DFS) said Mitsubishi-UFJ moved billions of dollars through its New York branch between 2002 and 2007..."
Activity: 564
Merit: 508
Hello everybody, just got back from work.

Ehm ... again BuyGox.com vs. BitDump.net?
Ok i'll have a beer.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Quote from: the press release
Over the past weeks Mt. Gox has experienced rising volumes of deposits and withdrawals from established and upcoming markets interested in Bitcoin. This increased volume has made it difficult for our bank to process the transactions smoothly and within a timely manner, which has created unnecessary delays for our global customers. This is especially so for those in the United States who are requesting wire transfer withdrawals from their accounts.

Agreed on bullish.

There's definitely some bull in there...
Activity: 728

Quote from: the press release
Over the past weeks Mt. Gox has experienced rising volumes of deposits and withdrawals from established and upcoming markets interested in Bitcoin. This increased volume has made it difficult for our bank to process the transactions smoothly and within a timely manner, which has created unnecessary delays for our global customers. This is especially so for those in the United States who are requesting wire transfer withdrawals from their accounts.

Agreed on bullish.
legendary

No.

The state's Department of Financial Services (DFS) said Mitsubishi-UFJ moved billions of dollars through its New York branch between 2002 and 2007 for state and private entities in Iran, Sudan and Myanmar, including entities on the US Treasury's blacklist.

It's not connected to Gox and the bank still seems to be fine.

Edit: Japan is part of the United Nations, so it's not actually the US who is behind this. While they are probably the ones who pushed the sanctions, it's under UN's banner.
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

legendary
my god this is bullish

A few posts back there is a quote that Gox broke the cashout API, so they were forced to shut it down.
Activity: 266
Damn, it's clear what is going on, now that you cannot retrieve USD from GOX for the next two weeks.

US based GOX users are withdrawing their coins to their wallet and users with USD on GOX are buying coins and also withdrawing them to their wallet.
This will make the price go up, but for how long? And what will happen then?

2 weeks and everyone is bailing?
I guess they expect the 2 weeks to turn into forever

can someone please link a press release about this?

Indeed. The underlying issues behind the announcement are probably more worrying.

Two weeks is not a long time, but they are probably thinking more along the lines "mmhmm mtgox has been targeted now.. will it ever be safe again??"

I know I would have that feeling if it were me trapped inside. Trust does not come and go. Once it's gone, there's no coming back.

legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
legendary
Activity: 672
Damn, it's clear what is going on, now that you cannot retrieve USD from GOX for the next two weeks.

US based GOX users are withdrawing their coins to their wallet and users with USD on GOX are buying coins and also withdrawing them to their wallet.

Hard to believe everyone is suddenly leaving.
Activity: 434
I would assume that most of them just hope for a higher price.

As much of those who bought today.

Anyone here bought today to leave MtGox (if you are there) and never return?
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner

Jump to: