Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 32892. (Read 26467929 times)

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

Looks like things just turned. I say 4 days of red candles ahead.

price drops a few $, prophets immediately predict long term drops
price rises a few $, prophets immediately predict long term raises

bitcoin never changes

No, not exactly. We had what looked like a shooting star candle (upside down hammer basically) 2 days ago but it didn't form. Then yesterday it was just long wicked one with a decent body. Today is a bit key due to the resistance area(s). Now we are forming that shooting star with good volume (52k), just below resistance.

You just keep trying with your shooting stars won't you? This one won't form either, I can asure you. Just panic buy already, you're not getting your crash. Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile

Does what your getting at rhyme with Brash but sort of have the opposite outcome?  Grin

My guess is everyone bought thinking the price would go up
and now they are all looking at each other thinking "Oh... It didn't happen... Uh oh..."

This theory would fit the volume and price movement.
It would also accurately reflect my mentality, when I intentionally throw logic out the window and try to observe what I feel/think as a purely emotion-driven investor.

Full disclosure, I've been positioned for downturn for over a week. But today's actions are causing me to move my rebuy targets lower.

Look at my post above. I am talking about todays candle formation. If we close at around 110 or below, we have a shooting star candle (reversal pattern). We have nice volume and it is right below support/resistance as well. There is emotion there as well though.  Cool
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I still think it gets whaled up to like 118-119 tomorrow, stabilizes around 115-116 for a few days and then whaled into 130 and maybe 140 before dumped for the beginning of the month.
Activity: 625
Merit: 501
x

Does what your getting at rhyme with Brash but sort of have the opposite outcome?  Grin

and now they are all looking at each other thinking "Oh... It didn't happen... Uh oh..."

This theory would fit the volume and price movement.
It would also accurately reflect my mentality, when I intentionally throw logic out the window and try to observe what I feel/think as a purely emotion-driven investor.

Full disclosure, I've been positioned for downturn for over a week. But today's actions are causing me to move my rebuy targets lower.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Sure.
Go into the margin section.
There you can see the remaining available long/short position.

Compare it to what it was 1-2 days ago and you can have a pretty good idea of the positions taken.

Of course there's always the possibility of people just leaving the exchange.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
LOL!!!

Long squeeze!  Grin

https://www.bitfinex.com/pages/public_log

FORCED EXECUTED @ 103.1(-2.42)

The forced part in combination with falling prices made very clear, that it was now dead long position.

Bitfinex (Bitstamp) now @ $103.50 and people are still leveraged long up to their ears.

Good luck unloading.  Grin

But could you please explain, how you know, people go long/short and how many open positions there are? Smiley
I've yet to see an exodus. I've seen plenty of speculators however.  Wink
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Good times for the exodus of MTGox. A chance to buy up your panic coins at low, low prices!
legendary
Antifragile
LOL!!!

Long squeeze!  Grin

Sorry to newb it up here, but could you explain what you're talking about here?  Smiley

I think he means that these guys were heavily margined (and long) and when the price dropped enough, they were "called" and automatically released from there postion. That is an automatic sell for them.
legendary
Antifragile

bitcoin never changes

No, not exactly. We had what looked like a shooting star candle (upside down hammer basically) 2 days ago but it didn't form. Then yesterday it was just long wicked one with a decent body. Today is a bit key due to the resistance area(s). Now we are forming that shooting star with good volume (52k), just below resistance.

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
LOL!!!

Long squeeze!  Grin

Sorry to newb it up here, but could you explain what you're talking about here?  Smiley
LOL!!!

Long squeeze!  Grin

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

bitcoin never changes
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
[...]

I was really addressing the "manipulation" of Gox (e.g. - Todays wire news) and nothing against Bitstamp. I use them.  Wink
What do you feel about Bitstamp using a Slovenian Bank and the recent problems there? I think they got cash from a sale and we are ok for a few months at least, (Note that such a "universal" haircut didn't takeif not longer.

I'm on Bitstamp as well, and for obvious reasons I follow the news around the Slovenian banking situation in general and Unicredit Slovenia in particular.

From what I gathered so far (from the news, and through comments by an economist I know who's from Slovenia) Unicredit is uniquely positioned in that they are perhaps the only bank, or at least: the biggest bank in Slovenia to not *directly* be part of the banking crisis. Largely due to the fact that they're a subsidiary of the Italian Unicredit, I guess.

They way I understand it, unless the banking crisis would lead to some sort of *universal* haircut on all bank accounts, including even those of banks that aren't in trouble, the banking crisis is not going to affect Bitstamp operations.
legendary
Antifragile
Bitfinex (Bitstamp) now @ $103.50 and people are still leveraged long up to their ears.

Good luck unloading.  Grin

Me? NooOOOOOooo, I would never...  Cheesy

I've been asking all day to see who's leaving MtGox, as many people are saying is happening...
I've got a single answer (with limited BTCs).

Also, Bitifinex isn't very liquid. With more than 2k BTC leveraged long, that could take a long time to sell.

I noticed you mentioned Bitifinex and I looked it up - wasn't aware of them. Very very interesting considering...

Funny about "Oh... It didn't happen... Uh oh..."  Cheesy

At least my sell point is now above the current Bitstamp price, I felt bad after passing on the 100 bounce I felt...

Good luck unloading.  Grin

Me? NooOOOOOooo, I would never...  Cheesy

I've been asking all day to see who's leaving MtGox, as many people are saying is happening...
I've got a single answer (with limited BTCs).

Also, Bitifinex isn't very liquid. With more than 2k BTC leveraged long, that could take a long time to sell.
Activity: 770
Merit: 501
Thanks for the info Hlynur. I'll sleep better. Are you in Germany? (I am)

Anyone notice those trades that just went through? A bit of volume, not a ton, under 1000, but dropped things a bit.

I really wonder when (and if) the selling will begin.
yap, germany. buy most of my bitcoins at bitcoin.de and trade on gox from time to time just for the fun of it.
so gox is more for my passion for gambling and i enjoy the show everytime Cheesy.
legendary
Antifragile

Does what your getting at rhyme with Brash but sort of have the opposite outcome?  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP

I said 20% spread and I mean it, pump it to 120 already! Grin

Jump to: