Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33010. (Read 26466689 times)

Activity: 811
Merit: 1000
Web Developer
Silkroad users need bitcoin to buy stuff, surge in bitcoin demand now Smiley

Festival season.
Activity: 232
Merit: 100
Silkroad users need bitcoin to buy stuff, surge in bitcoin demand now Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
We are in the "early/pricing" stage of an exponentially growing (later: S-growing) phenomenon. If everything goes as it has done in several bubbles before, the great bubble will form when 1-2% of the population had adopted the technology. For Bitcoin, this means about 50 million adapters that actually use bitcoin for something. This "something" has so far been lagging, though.

I withdrew my prediction for $300 for 2013, but this does not mean that I was sure it will not happen. In 2014 it will happen for sure. Or some 1.5-sigma event happens.

The great moves have been able to push the price up roughly by an order of magnitude. We need 4 such moves and the rest of this year is not long enough time. April-June 2014 is now my target.

Current price I would just buy as much as I can.

Are you expecting at least one 10-fold move this year, though?

I think it is certainly possible for it not to happen (in which case this would be a lame year of anything between 500-3000% growth  Cheesy ) but considering:
1. bitcoin adoption rates even now,
2. and the spread of information rate,
3. and the ease of developing Bitcoin-services,
4. and the superiority of bitcoin over all the competitors
5. and the upstartness of altcoins etc etc

Everything points to me a violent upmove once the profit-taking consolidation ends.

I agree!,
I think consolidation has already ended at least at these low prices it has, so i'm predicting 180 within 2 weeks.
I don't think we can make a new all time high so soon, but i do think we can get to 180 and stay in that range + - 10%

I won't believe that until we are well over $130, and I will not be sure about that until $166 is broken.

triggers will be triggered

watch as my bold prediction turns out to be only a few days / $ off  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
We are in the "early/pricing" stage of an exponentially growing (later: S-growing) phenomenon. If everything goes as it has done in several bubbles before, the great bubble will form when 1-2% of the population had adopted the technology. For Bitcoin, this means about 50 million adapters that actually use bitcoin for something. This "something" has so far been lagging, though.

I withdrew my prediction for $300 for 2013, but this does not mean that I was sure it will not happen. In 2014 it will happen for sure. Or some 1.5-sigma event happens.

The great moves have been able to push the price up roughly by an order of magnitude. We need 4 such moves and the rest of this year is not long enough time. April-June 2014 is now my target.

I think it is certainly possible for it not to happen (in which case this would be a lame year of anything between 500-3000% growth  Cheesy ) but considering:

Everything points to me a violent upmove once the profit-taking consolidation ends.

I agree!,
I think consolidation has already ended at least at these low prices it has, so i'm predicting 180 within 2 weeks.
I don't think we can make a new all time high so soon, but i do think we can get to 180 and stay in that range + - 10%

I won't believe that until we are well over $130, and I will not be sure about that until $166 is broken.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner

I agree!,
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
One difference I notice between 2011 and now, is that back then most people were taken by suprise and weren't prepared for the fall. Now it's like everyone's expecting it and preparing for it, which makes me kind of worried that it's not going to happen at all. Maybe it will just consolidate here for a long time, make a few more short dips into the double digits and then move up leaving all the sad bears behind. I'm still speculating on a larger dip, but I see the above as a serious possibility.

Well according to all the nice 2011-2013 graph overlays we are right on track for the long and painful slide.

That's the problem, in 2011 nobody had these kind of graphs as there was no precedent. Now everyone's looking at the 2011 graph and think they know exactly what's going to happen next. I don't think it works that way, it would be nice ofcourse to have that kind of certainty and predictability, but something tells me there is a little twist to the plot in store for us.

What if it crashes, as expected... but never goes back up?  Wink
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
When comes the dump ?

Anytime from now to $120, but I would say sooner than later. Rally on extremely low volume, fishy.
Activity: 854
I'm about to dump 7...  Cool
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
When comes the dump ?
Activity: 854
Chomp chomp chomp chomp
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
Price rising again with very low volume... painting the tape?  Can we expect touching $110 today and $115 tomorrow?

Damn manipulators Sad Let the bubble deflate completely!

Anyway, i'm not buying it, sitting 100% on fiat until we go under $80, then i will start purchasing little by little.

Oh man, you're going to be butthurt when it hits $120. On the other hand, I can see $120 then crash to $90 and below. If not, $180 in a month.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Calm down boys. Before going to $180 it has to break $166. When $166 is broken, the sky is the limit.

it's a trap!

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
less than 3k volume for the last 6h... yea we are definitly going on the moon with that...  Cheesy
Activity: 98
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029
Activity: 98

Oh my, I can feel it. $250 bitcoins and the IRS overjoyed from my capital gains tax.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
BTW don't forget that somebody bought over 4k of bitcoins @110 immediately after the 1 minute push to 110. Wink
Jump to: