Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33099. (Read 26465917 times)

Activity: 454
Merit: 250
I swear if there is another dump...

The only issue I have with decentralization is that there is no picture I can put on my dartboard.
Activity: 252
Still got it stuck in there I see.  Yeah, you must have really got it jammed in there good.   Grin

Come again? Regardless, I highly doubt your total wealth is 15 BTC with your level of activity here. I thoroughly get the impression that you're a bear, painting the forum with FUD.

It's not FUD to point out that Bitcoin is no more than silk road and speculation.  Now, just because that truth fills you with fear, uncertainty and doubt, doesn't mean you can blame it on me. That's your issue.

On another note, I can see this thread is as unfruitful as always in the realm of rational speculation.  So, I'll leave you fine folks to it.   Good luck.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Still got it stuck in there I see.  Yeah, you must have really got it jammed in there good.   Grin

Come again? Regardless, I highly doubt your total wealth is 15 BTC with your level of activity here. I thoroughly get the impression that you're a bear, painting the forum with FUD.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
up Up UP!

the proof is in the pudding. Cool
Still got it stuck in there I see.  Yeah, you must have really got it jammed in there good.   Grin
Ah yes, I see the Bitcoin, bible thumping, delusions continue.  

"Silk Road, no.  We have a bunch of legitamate businesses."

"Oh really?  Which ones?"

"Umm...well...we have a bunch of VC money coming in."

Grin

Bitcoin the currency commodity. Great for speculators and dope dealers.   Wink

Quoting the above as an example but everytime I see these comments, all I seem to read is 'I'm holding more fiat than Bitcoin at my exchange'. If you do not believe in Bitcoin as a whole, why are you here? Oh wait, speculation forum. It might as well be Trollbox...

You know what they say about assuming.  You can view my Ripple addy in the graph, whenever you're ready to take your foot out of your mouth.  I'll wait....

https://ripple.com/graph/#rnC7thMyjgy2bM19xDy5nNYXNjV6XnExzR

Ripple? Isn't that the scam site where people exchange their real bitcoins for IOUs or something? How do I value these?
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Hodl regularly and often!
I wanna see the price go up, up, up! Maybe like around $175.00.

Grin

Quoting the above as an example but everytime I see these comments, all I seem to read is 'I'm holding more fiat than Bitcoin at my exchange'. If you do not believe in Bitcoin as a whole, why are you here? Oh wait, speculation forum. It might as well be Trollbox...

You know what they say about assuming.  You can view my Ripple addy in the graph, whenever you're ready to take your foot out of your mouth.  I'll wait....

https://ripple.com/graph/#rnC7thMyjgy2bM19xDy5nNYXNjV6XnExzR

Grin

No, they usually don't go to bed.  They usually revert to personal attacks and childish insults.  3...2...1  Buckle up!   Cheesy

Grin

Yeah it's funny how that guy refused to answer about his guess on ratio bitcoins being spen on services/goods of silkroad vs everywhere else. But maybe it's just coincidence and he went to bed  Roll Eyes

Grin

legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
Another price increase, another DDOS and another price drop. Is someone so desperate to put the price down??
lucas.sev got in a funny-looking delorean in 2011 and showed up here.
Now, like a bewildered Marty McFly, he's looking around in disbelief.

You are a funny guy! Must be great having you at parties!

Just because Amazon, Wal-Mart, and the IRS don't accept bitcoin yet doesn't mean we're still riding on Silk Road's coat tails.  Roll Eyes

It's kinda like those jackets that dry themselves and the hovering skateboards... this is the fuuutuuurrree , luke.sev... the fuuuuuttuuurrrreeeee Cool

Dwarfing silkroad in sales volume in BTC? I take your word for it. What would be your guess of ratio bitcoins being SPENT on services/goods of silkroad vs everywhere else?
Activity: 448
lucas.sev got in a funny-looking delorean in 2011 and showed up here.
Now, like a bewildered Marty McFly, he's looking around in disbelief.

"What? You mean silk road is no longer a significant driver of bitcoin price?"
"What? Thousands of legitimate businesses accept bitcoin, altogether dwarfing silk road in sales volume?"
"What? An ever-increasing number of popular mainstream businesses, websites, and charities, accept bitcoin - like Wordpress, OKCupid, Mega, Gyft, Reddit, Foodler, etc.?"

Just because Amazon, Wal-Mart, and the IRS don't accept bitcoin yet doesn't mean we're still riding on Silk Road's coat tails.  Roll Eyes

It's kinda like those jackets that dry themselves and the hovering skateboards... this is the fuuutuuurrree , luke.sev... the fuuuuuttuuurrrreeeee Cool
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
That makes the .gif even more awesome  Grin

Is that a list of some obscure vendors who support them? Is any of them 10% as popular as silkroad?
Namecheap is an ICANN-accredited domain registrar and web hosting company, based in Los Angeles, California. They claim to have over 3 million domain names under management and more than 800000 customers.

Alexa rank: 1025

Just out of interest, you don't agree that silkroad is the major force that will prevent bitcoins from falling into single digits if something terrible happens like mtgox and major exchanges closing (or some other crisis, exact nature is not the point of this question)? Do you think this namecheap thing if 10% as significant?
Not really. I think we're past the silk road phase at this point, you're overestimating how much effect it has versus other bitcoin businesses. I've seen us going from back in 2011 when I was able to keep up with pretty much *every* news article and *every* new business launch, to now, where even if all I did 24 hours a day was trying to keep up I wouldn't be able to. These are different times.
Activity: 350
This account was recently hacked
Is any of them 10% as popular as silkroad?

Do you know anyone who does use Silkroad? I am 99% sure that the majority of the people who use Bitcoin do not frequent Silkroad.
A friend was showing me that site, the prices are ridiculous
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
Is any of them 10% as popular as silkroad?

Do you know anyone who does use Silkroad? I am 99% sure that the majority of the people who use Bitcoin do not frequent Silkroad.
Jump to: