Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 33690. (Read 26462126 times)

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
I think even 30% per week is unsustainable. That's why I shorted when it shot up about 20% per day. Long term I make money if I stick to this strategy.

Forgive me for my pathetic attempts to talk the price down. I am better at the opposite:

"Study the price behaviour for 7/2010-6/2011 if you want to have a million dollars."

Well you are right on that point, 30% is unsustainable. However bitcoin has a habit of peaking and crashing a bit higher then it peaked/crashed before. I think the market is too young to really come away with any more knowledge about the market then your intuition can give you. Even the way the gox engine works this week is different from two weeks ago- and that stuff makes a big difference. The market isn't mature enough to know whats happening. Today it's worth a billion, but what will long term stability show it's worth? 100 billion? 500 billion?
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

rpietila: PMed you...

Did not receive PM  Undecided

Thank you all for taking care of me. I still have more bitcoins than most of you, and I feel fine. See my diary for details.
donator
I think even 30% per week is unsustainable. That's why I shorted when it shot up about 20% per day. Long term I make money if I stick to this strategy.

Forgive me for my pathetic attempts to talk the price down. I am better at the opposite:

"Study the price behaviour for 7/2010-6/2011 if you want to have a million dollars."
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
I got crushed today, $10,000s underwater. I don't think it is fun, and don't recommend shorting bitcoin.

Buy and hold.

Vladimir knows something you don't.

oh man, why? Why would you short it? Sorry for that. That hurts.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010
I got crushed today, $10,000s underwater. I don't think it is fun, and don't recommend shorting bitcoin.

Buy and hold.

Why the fuck would you short bitcoin. There's been tons of buying pressure and obvious selling pressure trying to contain it (ask walls, not actually people wanting to sell). There's been a zillion bullish indicators, if you're shorting bitcoin right now you're blind.

Y'know someone's got to sell, otherwise it is game over for the whole fiat economy, duh?  Roll Eyes

I am also SOOOOO f**king smart.  I spent my trading cash Monday @125 with a plan to sell Wed evening GMT (a few hrs ago). Remember the cardinal rule:  STICK to your strategy!  So I stuck to it...  Angry

rpietila: PMed you...
Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Buy and hold.

1500$ here.  Cry Didn't thought It would surpass 165$ that easy, and that soon.

On the other hand... I wish I had bought 2 grand worth of coins at 140 rather than just 500... Cry

I sold some at 140.. So maybe you bought mines   Grin
donator

Buy and hold.

Why the fuck would you short bitcoin. There's been tons of buying pressure and obvious selling pressure trying to contain it (ask walls, not actually people wanting to sell). There's been a zillion bullish indicators, if you're shorting bitcoin right now you're blind.

Y'know someone's got to sell, otherwise it is game over for the whole fiat economy, duh?  Roll Eyes
Activity: 126

Buy and hold.

On the other hand... I wish I had bought 2 grand worth of coins at 140 rather than just 500... Cry
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Hibernation just ended. Bears are waking up HUNGRY.

Activity: 406
Merit: 286
Neptune, Scalable Privacy

Buy and hold.

Take it easy. This guy has a fairly large stash of BTCs. He just sold a tiny portion
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
Didn't shorted it, but i sold at 159.7;
Awaiting with calm to buy back in.
Activity: 196

Buy and hold.

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
Enabling the maximal migration

Buy and hold.

But, but all of the pretty lines were saying we were headed down...  Huh
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

Buy and hold.

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
donator

Buy and hold.

legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2245
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

now lets have Bill Gates explain to the world why bitcoin ( or somthing like it  Tongue ) is the future, mmmk?

He's be more likely to try embrace-extend-extinguish. Livecoin anyone? Bingbits? Thank Christ he's not running Microsoft anymore.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner

If I believe or not doesn't matter.

It does when we're discussing whether things like this are important or not. Your opinions are colored by your beliefs. You're saying that you don't think it's big news (and you're entitled to your opinions), I'm just explaining why, for some of us, it is.

... this is big news ...

now lets have Bill Gates explain to the world why bitcoin ( or somthing like it  Tongue ) is the future, mmmk?
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2245
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

If I believe or not doesn't matter.

It does when we're discussing whether things like this are important or not. Your opinions are colored by your beliefs. You're saying that you don't think it's big news (and you're entitled to your opinions), I'm just explaining why, for some of us, it is.
Jump to: