Author

Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion - page 622. (Read 26468241 times)

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

The index is still showing levels at "extreme greed", can we expect a reversal to $70,000 in the next few days?

I think we migbt see <$60k before we see $70k.

https://twitter.com/0xhedge32/status/1768208346329366869?s=12&t=GOxgUHAih5V6rQN5toiPJQ
Activity: 518
Merit: 509
Oh yes, Sunday now
Weekend dump before the pump
Healthy correction

BTC is really for the strong hearted... and those who look at it from macro-level.

Just when we are all enthralled with the enthusiasm of $100k price, it is already heading north not because it is the right direction at this time but just to prove that no one can accurately predict its movement. The best we can do while it decides what it wants to do. Anyways, 1BTC = 1BTC, and you only lose when you sell.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782
1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

Explanation
Chartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
legendary

Explanation
legendary

Explanation
Activity: 938
Merit: 1891
bitcoin retard
Oh yes, Sunday now
Weekend dump before the pump
Healthy correction
Activity: 938
Merit: 1891
bitcoin retard
You don't need a wallet to generate addresses. I generate mine offline on a computer that cannot be connected to the internet (no wifi, no network cable). I print co-called paper "wallets" on a printer that has never had internet access.
~
When I sweep an address into a wallet program, I transfer the bitcoins as quickly as possible to the intended recipient and then put the remainder back into secure cold storage.
I think your sweeping system can be improved: instead of doing it "as quickly as possible", why don't you sign offline? There's no need to expose the private key to an online system (other than for convenience for small daily expenses).

I'm thinking of this (and you already have the offline computer so you can skip some of the steps):
Online:
Install Electrum on your PC.
Import your address to create a watch-only wallet.
Preview the transaction, Copy the unsigned transaction. Put it on a USB stick.

Offline and running without hard drive storage:
Get a Linux LIVE DVD. Use Knoppix or Tails for instance, or any other distribution that comes with Electrum pre-installed.
Unplug your internet cable. Close the curtains. Reboot your computer and start up from that DVD. Don't enter any wireless connection password. Keep it offline.
Start Electrum. Import your private key.
Copy your unsigned transaction from the USB stick, load it into Electrum.
CHECK the transaction in Electrum. Check the fees, check the amount, check all destination addresses (character by character).
If all is okay, sign the transaction. Copy it back to your USB stick.
Turn off the computer. That wipes the Live LINUX from memory and all traces are gone.

Online:
Use your normal online Electrum to (check again and) broadcast the transaction.

vital info ... worth my last merit
legendary

Explanation
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 3038
A bull faltering
Thousand bulls sniffing the air
The herd keeps marching

#haiku
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
You don't need a wallet to generate addresses. I generate mine offline on a computer that cannot be connected to the internet (no wifi, no network cable). I print co-called paper "wallets" on a printer that has never had internet access.
~
When I sweep an address into a wallet program, I transfer the bitcoins as quickly as possible to the intended recipient and then put the remainder back into secure cold storage.
I think your sweeping system can be improved: instead of doing it "as quickly as possible", why don't you sign offline? There's no need to expose the private key to an online system (other than for convenience for small daily expenses).

I'm thinking of this (and you already have the offline computer so you can skip some of the steps):
Online:

Get a Linux LIVE DVD. Use Knoppix or Tails for instance, or any other distribution that comes with Electrum pre-installed.
Unplug your internet cable. Close the curtains. Reboot your computer and start up from that DVD. Don't enter any wireless connection password. Keep it offline.
CHECK the transaction in Electrum. Check the fees, check the amount, check all destination addresses (character by character).
Turn off the computer. That wipes the Live LINUX from memory and all traces are gone.

Online:

"Close the curtains" lol
legendary

Explanation
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 3038
MSTR is levered 2.2X, which means that IF bitcoin goes to roughly 31-32K, the intrinsic value of MSTR stock would approach zero.
They would probably not go bust, but they would probably lose 70-90% of their market cap in this scenario.
How likely is the "deleveraging"..maybe unlikely right now, albeit JPM started making noises about it.
https://decrypt.co/221873/microstrategy-bitcoin-buys-severe-deleveraging-jp-morgan
Maybe they want "in" on this deal, lol.

I doubt that it is as easy to break MSTR as JP Morgan would like to speculate, and maybe that is what Saylor is trying to get some of the BIG cats to do, which surely will bring the destruction and demise of the BIG cats a lot faster than they are already on a worse train than the bitcoin train seems to be the place to be, even if Saylor is seeming a wee bit psycho in recent times..

Exactly. Think of Robinhood and Gamestop vs. hedge funds. The epic short squeeze/gamma squeeze that happened has made some cold blooded "diamond hands" quite a bit richer. I made a few dimes myself by joining the wagon when it had just started.

These funds were shorting Gamestop because they thought the company was toast so they saw an opportunity. A few apes coordinated on Reddit to keep buying buying buying, 10 dollars at a time. That wouldn't have been enough on itself, but the original apes had done much better than that - they'd bought a lot (I mean a lot) of out-of-the-money call options. Options in general have intrinsic multiplier properties: $1 of options could easily move $100 of stock or more. What happened is the apes made quite a killing - both original apes and "I jumped on the wagon later on" apes.

Now I don't even know if MicroStrategy is listed on any significant option exchange, but I bet Saylor has some safety net ready. Imagine short squeezing/gamma squeezing JPMorgan and buying back the stock you sold to buy bitcoin at half the price.

Interesting times ahead, gentlemen. Get your popcorn ready. And if the popcorn shop has cheap MSTR out-of-the-money calls, maybe grab a couple bags of those too. Worst case, you'll lose a few hundred. Best case, you'll gain a few thousands.

Have you read till the end? Good. So where's your (pop)corn?
legendary

Explanation
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
~

Online:

Online:
legendary

Explanation
legendary

Explanation
Activity: 718
Merit: 384
we haven't even reached the 2021 ATH when corrected for inflation.  plenty of upside left

we even don't have weekly candle above previous ATH.. maybe need some correction/consolidations before really pass it.
Activity: 307
Merit: 42
Buy Bitcoin and Wait.
legendary

Explanation
Activity: 114
Merit: 93
Fly free sweet Mango.