Pages:
Author

Topic: Wall Observer: BTC/USD Price Tracking and Discussion 2.0 (Unmoderated) - page 8. (Read 12064 times)

legendary
Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
Hey JJG, we all know who deletes my posts don't we now!! I'll give you a clue, it's not OP of this WO Thread!

hahahaha

Fair enough.

Do you think that any mod of such a popular and troll laden thread, such as the historical and hysterical WO thread, could get away without deleting any posts at all?

I understand that several of us are known entities, so few of our posts should get deleted, unless they are a complete bat shit loss of boundaries.

I guess what I am saying is that if the thread is filled with 70% or more trolling shills, then aren't those troll posts going to distract from any kind of meaningful participation about the main topic of our interest, which is largely (but not totally) topics related to BTC/USD price dynamics?
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1016
Hey JJG, we all know who deletes my posts don't we now!! I'll give you a clue, it's not OP of this WO Thread!
legendary
Activity: 2210
Merit: 3172
Flippin' burgers since 1163.
[...] The MSM just refuse to ever print anything positive about Bitcoin/crypto unless it's talk about a price rally. Even then, the articles are always full of negatives, and usually end with a negative.

I know, it is painful. More in general when you know a little about a certain subject, you notice the news articles to be often incomplete, one sided or just incorrect. Nothing much you can do but try to keep thinking independently and get your news from at least multiple sources.

The good part I guess is that it showes we are still in an early phase if you ask me. Once the MSM is screaming Bitcoin, blockchain, hypecoin is the next hip thing to get involved in, I would get nervous.

@Jimbo: Six new ATM's in Toronto. I read that the Instacoin ATMs are anonymous, and some are two-way. Any experience?
https://www.instacoinatm.com/bitcoin-toronto-en.html
legendary
hahahahaha..

Better to be feared than loved.

There are several good candidates in the running - and probably any one of them would be acceptable and relatively tolerant to preserve the thread's seemingly laissez faire culture and history..

It is one thing talking in theory about no moderation or that someone is a tyrant... but when push comes to shove, it is likely that some posts need to be deleted to facilitate participation - at least in the shill account arena .. and also possibly in the arena that seems to be a pattern of purposefully spreading disinformation and/or seeming to purposefully engage in a means that diverts from the topic with a kind of ongoing trolling that also may have a tendency to purposefully and knowingly spread FUD.. ..

tough to figure out the line, exactly.. and maybe sometimes moderators go too far - but hopefully we end up getting a moderator who is tolerant and errors on the side of allowing post unless they are really obvious in the troll/shill category.

Yeah, some amount of moderation is unavoidable I think otherwise some bright spark is bound to flood it with countless pages of random characters.

As for Lauda, he is a controversial figure. He was booted from the mod team after being involved in extortion on the forum. This is not the background I personally want for somebody who's modding the Wall thread.

If true, then I can understand your point, for sure. 

In some sense, we do not really want baggage in a mod, even though lots of folks have baggage.. but surely extortion related baggage should be something that Theymos may consider as problematic - in terms of assignment in the first place, no?  Especially if theymos knows more of the details of the situation... ,

Well, in the end, it appears that all of our votes will be known after the fact, too... and we can change our votes, too.. so surely I am not opposed to any last minute campaigning, either.. 
legendary
He's deleted hundreds of my posts already, and I swear no less than half a dozen of those were pure gold.

I don't know if Lauda is a he or a she...

Didn't some people say that he is a she? 

It does not matter too much about the s/he thingie ma jiggie... ..

s/he deleted some of my posts too, and I understand that over-moderation can be a bit uncomfortable - especially when some of the deletions seem to be unjustified.. relatively speaking.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392
Be a bank
He's deleted hundreds of my posts already, and I swear no less than half a dozen of those were pure gold.

So she is an alt account of r0ach's ?
legendary
Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511
hahahahaha..

There are several good candidates in the running - and probably any one of them would be acceptable and relatively tolerant to preserve the thread's seemingly laissez faire culture and history..

It is one thing talking in theory about no moderation or that someone is a tyrant... but when push comes to shove, it is likely that some posts need to be deleted to facilitate participation - at least in the shill account arena .. and also possibly in the arena that seems to be a pattern of purposefully spreading disinformation and/or seeming to purposefully engage in a means that diverts from the topic with a kind of ongoing trolling that also may have a tendency to purposefully and knowingly spread FUD.. ..

tough to figure out the line, exactly.. and maybe sometimes moderators go too far - but hopefully we end up getting a moderator who is tolerant and errors on the side of allowing post unless they are really obvious in the troll/shill category.

Yeah, some amount of moderation is unavoidable I think otherwise some bright spark is bound to flood it with countless pages of random characters.

As for Lauda, he is a controversial figure. He was booted from the mod team after being involved in extortion on the forum. This is not the background I personally want for somebody who's modding the Wall thread.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115
legendary
If Lauda wins this thing I won't go near it.  Angry

That Lauda tyrant probably voted with all 3 of his accounts...  Cheesy  Cheesy

He was staff before turning to a life of crime. Maybe Theymos has a record of his socks.

hahahahaha..

legendary

He was staff before turning to a life of crime. Maybe Theymos has a record of his socks.
Activity: 1848
Merit: 609
Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!

legendary
If Lauda wins this thing I won't go near it.  Angry
legendary
Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511
I'm happy to carry on using this one.

** Edit: I don't see why we need to be moderated or moved to the off-topic section. The Wall Observer thread is well known for it's off topic and off the wall comments. It also well known as the most viewed and posted thread in  the Speculation section (and possibly the entire forum).

The title says (Unmoderated) - Most people seem to like it. If anyone finds that hard to accept, then let them post in a different thread.

There's probably been a temporary relaxing of the rules towards these threads until the original one is restored. Without any explicit grant of immunity from Theymos, you definitely shouldn't assume this thread has a future.

Also, you pretty much have what you're asking for if you voted for one of the guys who promises light-touch moderation - I mean infofront is one of the freaking candidates.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392
Be a bank
https://twitter.com/Beautyon_/status/882520743560589312
@Beautyon_ 9h9 hours ago
Operation "Autism Storm" and UASF are two fronts in a culture war. MSM liars and Bankster Statists vs everyone. Something BIG is coming.

sorry, bored. things pretty bullish on twatter, though
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1140
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
It seems our sideways coiling consolidation is continuing... currently $2587USD (Bitcoinaverage). Summer doldrums?

~2600 is a pretty nice place to consolidate.

$2600 is a good consolidating level however the price was doing very well few weeks ago with a huge rising every day. We kind lost the previous rally, hope to see another one after this a little long consolidation  Wink
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
It seems our sideways coiling consolidation is continuing... currently $2587USD (Bitcoinaverage). Summer doldrums?

~2600 is a pretty nice place to consolidate.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011
Maybe it's just because they're waiting to see what happens with the old one.
Agree.  Wink
Activity: 308
Merit: 146
Theymos has thrown up a poll now for who should be in charge of the original WO thread. Place your votes:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wall-observer-new-ownership-2004227

I'm happy to carry on using this one.

** Edit: I don't see why we need to be moderated or moved to the off-topic section. The Wall Observer thread is well known for it's off topic and off the wall comments. It also well known as the most viewed and posted thread in  the Speculation section (and possibly the entire forum).

The title says (Unmoderated) - Most people seem to like it. If anyone finds that hard to accept, then let them post in a different thread.
legendary
Activity: 3990
Merit: 4460
You're never too old to think young.
Good morning Bitcoinland.

______

After a fairly good start, the phoenix thread appears to be losing traction (due to excessive moderating) while this thread seems to be growing.

I guess I'll be posting here until Theymos figures out what to do with the old Wall Observer.

I was under the impression that the reason the old WO thread was locked was that Adam wasn't able to self-moderate and it was becoming a pain for the global moderators. I thought that a totally unmoderated thread would be killed quickly but they seem to be leaving this one alone.

Maybe it's just because they're waiting to see what happens with the old one. Everyone voted yet? (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wall-observer-new-ownership-2004227)

legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780
Shitcoin Minimalist
Sounds like some of those Syrian refugees have been taking advantage of Portugal's hospitality.
Pages:
Jump to: