Pages:
Author

Topic: Wall Observer: BTC/USD Price Tracking and Discussion 2.0 (Unmoderated) - page 10. (Read 12066 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 796
You should take a look-see around r/ethtrader just for kicks. Not only are they falling for all the old scams, they're recycling all the old memes. It's surreal.

Yeah I noticed that too. That community also has no idea that the majority of the cheerleading posts, good news posts, comedic posts, and "chin up" posts are posted by nefarious troll traders that are using social engineering tactics to manipulate that community to continue to either a) stay invested: hodl or b) double down on every dip, even if the trend is moving down. They have no idea just how far the price can fall over a longer stretch of time.

I have seen the same scam tactics used in other altcoin reddit pages and alt forums as well. Everyone believes that their special snowflake that they've put money into is truly special and will completely dethrone Bitcoin one day. At least they believe that until the price has finally fallen far enough, over a long enough period of time, that they have to accept the reality that it was all just a shared delusion.

The human brain has an incredible capacity to rationalize an otherwise irrational/illogical position, especially if it has real money behind it, and will consume any bias information that supports that position and reject any other that doesn't.

Couldn't the same be said of Bitcoin holders though? I am an avid BTC holder myself.
legendary
Activity: 3584
Merit: 5047
You should take a look-see around r/ethtrader just for kicks. Not only are they falling for all the old scams, they're recycling all the old memes. It's surreal.

Yeah I noticed that too. That community also has no idea that the majority of the cheerleading posts, good news posts, comedic posts, and "chin up" posts are posted by nefarious troll traders that are using social engineering tactics to manipulate that community to continue to either a) stay invested: hodl or b) double down on every dip, even if the trend is moving down. They have no idea just how far the price can fall over a longer stretch of time.

I have seen the same scam tactics used in other altcoin reddit pages and alt forums as well. Everyone believes that their special snowflake that they've put money into is truly special and will completely dethrone Bitcoin one day. At least they believe that until the price has finally fallen far enough, over a long enough period of time, that they have to accept the reality that it was all just a shared delusion.

The human brain has an incredible capacity to rationalize an otherwise irrational/illogical position, especially if it has real money behind it, and will consume any bias information that supports that position and reject any other that doesn't. The confirmation bias is strong in Altlandia.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115
Did they use the 280 road runner one? The one where the cliff gets blasted?

Edit. Gif that is.

I think that was made special just for us.  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1016
Did they use the 280 road runner one? The one where the cliff gets blasted?

Edit. Gif that is.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115
I read this and was not shocked in the least:

https://bravenewcoin.com/news/fourth-largest-bitcoin-exchange-bithumb-hacked-for-billions-of-won/

As soon as the Ethereum (delirium?) craze swept through South Korea and Bithumb popped up virtually overnight, commanding something like 45% of the total ETH trading, I distinctly remember my first thought at the time was "Bithumb is brand new... it will no doubt get hacked, likely by an inside job."

And sure enough it did.

legendary
Activity: 3584
Merit: 5047
I read this and was not shocked in the least:

https://bravenewcoin.com/news/fourth-largest-bitcoin-exchange-bithumb-hacked-for-billions-of-won/

As soon as the Ethereum (delirium?) craze swept through South Korea and Bithumb popped up virtually overnight, commanding something like 45% of the total ETH trading, I distinctly remember my first thought at the time was "Bithumb is brand new... it will no doubt get hacked, likely by an inside job."

And sure enough it did.
Activity: 1848
Merit: 609
Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!
We did break out of that triangle nicely, but Aug 1 looms over us.

I don't care... I will support both of them!!! ... I will always keep a full node open for the older version just to spite the new initiative!

I'm not sure... but I think I'm against the split. Just because I know being able to update the new version forces the people with older versions to get screwed into accenting what the devs are doing/writing... so... if someone can put pressure, blackmail or make them somehow to write bad code... well then sh!t... everyone will go back to the previous chaotic version! Smiley

*edit(0):

broken triangle upwards means bullish AF...doesnt it?

Yes and no...

Yes. Because it is inevitable and any kind of pressure, and even just a small push can make the price go up in the circumstances that the pressure of diminishing returns/coins that flood the market.

No. Because the concept of "communism" needs to be a self or mutual assured agreement between traders that everyone has skin in the game and there is no way but UP! But if small rabits / goats just escape the fence and start pumping without the consensus of the rest of the traders... then that escaped goat need to have a good pull behind his/her back to give the impression that there is some sort of consensus. Smiley
Activity: 696
Merit: 439
We did break out of that triangle nicely, but Aug 1 looms over us.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 10374
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
The rally doesn't have a lot of steam. There is a LOT of uncertainty at this point for most and volumes seem to be lackluster. I think it's highly possible we'll at least test 2000 USD again before resuming up. I could be wrong (duh) but I'm waiting until there are clear signals before going all btc again.

I take any kind of technical analysis with a grain of salt, but it can be incorporated into considerations.

I remain of the position that the current flat range of BTC prices is quite broad, between about $2,350 and $2,700 - so we need not get too excited, unless we see prices getting close to those upper or lower limits or breaching such.

I understand that TA principles would frame the matter in terms of triangles, narrowing trading ranges and bolinger bands, blah blah blah.. yet at the same time, I don't really consider those frameworks to be adequate in order to describe what seems to be our current broad price range... and right now, as I type we have bouncing between about $2600 and $2640, so we are towards the upper ends of that price range, for whatever that is worth.

If we break upwards, out of the $2350 to $2700 range, then we will likely be next testing $3k resistance.. If we break downwards, out of the range, then $2k seems to be reasonably within the reach of testing of support.. though it could be tough to get below $2150  - without some kind of fuck up in the scaling debate or some thing like that, whether FUD, posturing or some other related matter.
legendary
Activity: 947
Merit: 1008
central banking = outdated protocol
The rally doesn't have a lot of steam. There is a LOT of uncertainty at this point for most and volumes seem to be lackluster. I think it's highly possible we'll at least test 2000 USD again before resuming up. I could be wrong (duh) but I'm waiting until there are clear signals before going all btc again.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1016

Looks to me like it's creeping back down but then again wtf do I know.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!
Activity: 784
Merit: 796
Wall Observer Coin
lol and largely agreed

^ref your earlier discussion - how to get (back) into bitcoin - and the advice you were given - dollar cost averaging - thought this might amuse/interest you/all/some: http://trilema.com/2017/the-universal-plan-for-wealth/

my main takeaway for the purposes of this thread -
it's incredibly goddamn bullish - a kid scrapes together $20k worth of btc now ... puts in some not very hard work ... is a wealthy man in ... ?several years' time.
20k becomes what 200mil? in today's terms

i'd bet most of us want to believe roughly that sort of growth for the price, even if my definition of wealthy is an order of magnitude more than the next guy's

if we are right, then the dollar will decline so sharply at some - nearish-by - point
that dollar-cost averaging will no longer be a way in to bitcoin for the average working stiff

That's actually going to be pretty good for Bitcoin if the dollar declines as it could actually be used for daily transactions, assuming SW and Lightning get implemented. Good thing I already have my foot in the door and don't buy as much as I used to.

Good read V8. Funnily enough I actually own a house in the UK (but currently living in the Philippines) which I have been recently thinking should I sell and invest some of the proceeds into bitcoin. I get a steady rent income from it sure but that is not as much as returns I would get from BTC. Problem is it is a lenghy process of selling a house in the UK but with current house prices I should come out with £130,000 should I decide to sell. Of that my plan would be keep £100,000 in various banks as I$I$Coins in case house prices collapse so that I can buy property back, use 10,000 as living expenses for a year or so here in Asia and invest 20,000 in cryptos (mainly BTC for long term HODL) and maybe 5k for trading with.

Anyway its something I got to think about seriously.

I love BTC and have what I believe to be a nice healthy stash. However, to suggest that the property market might crash seems a little bit optimistic to me. I also live in the U.K. And had a property that I sold sometime back and now wish I had held on to it since it value has since tripled from when I sold it. Everyone needs a place to live so I believe that there will always be a demand for property. Only scenario I envisage where property wont be needed is if there is a mass exodus from said country and I just can't see that happening in the U.K. Within the immediate future anyway.
Returns are, for the moment anyway, far better in BTC but the volatility of it makes me quite nervous at times.
Anyway, best of luck whatever you decide and it will be interesting to see how it all pans out.
Activity: 1848
Merit: 609
Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!
Wall Observer Coin
lol and largely agreed

^ref your earlier discussion - how to get (back) into bitcoin - and the advice you were given - dollar cost averaging - thought this might amuse/interest you/all/some: http://trilema.com/2017/the-universal-plan-for-wealth/

it's incredibly goddamn bullish - a kid scrapes together $20k worth of btc now ... puts in some not very hard work ... is a wealthy man in ... ?several years' time.

i'd bet most of us want to believe roughly that sort of growth for the price, even if my definition of wealthy is an order of magnitude more than the next guy's

if we are right, then the dollar will decline so sharply at some - nearish-by - point
that dollar-cost averaging will no longer be a way in to bitcoin for the average working stiff

That's actually going to be pretty good for Bitcoin if the dollar declines as it could actually be used for daily transactions, assuming SW and Lightning get implemented. Good thing I already have my foot in the door and don't buy as much as I used to.

Good read V8. Funnily enough I actually own a house in the UK (but currently living in the Philippines) which I have been recently thinking should I sell and invest some of the proceeds into bitcoin. I get a steady rent income from it sure but that is not as much as returns I would get from BTC. Problem is it is a lenghy process of selling a house in the UK but with current house prices I should come out with £130,000 should I decide to sell. Of that my plan would be keep £100,000 in various banks as I$I$Coins in case house prices collapse so that I can buy property back, use 10,000 as living expenses for a year or so here in Asia and invest 20,000 in cryptos (mainly BTC for long term HODL) and maybe 5k for trading with.

As long as your house in the UK produces nothing. Its just useless! Smiley
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
For your listening pleasure, Fuck World Trade!
Wall Observer Coin
lol and largely agreed

Activity: 502
Merit: 251
Backtesting a broken trendline is very normal. Think we're starting our next leg up..
legendary
Activity: 1463
Merit: 1135
Geez, if that's what the Bitcoin forum does in a fork, what can we expect of bitcoin? Voting for pulling our shit together in the forums! (short term forecast)
Just now dipping back below the downward trend line. Still not feeling the pulse.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846
Are there only 2? moderated and unmoderated?

No, there's four that I know of besides the original. Unmoderated, Phoenix Revision, Anarchy, and Reloaded. There could also be a few more I missed. Phoenix Revision and Anarchy are moderated, the other two aren't. Anarchy has 'light touch' moderation, and Phoenix Revision is stricter.

Wall Observer: BTC/USD Price Tracking and Discussion 2.0 (Unmoderated)

WALL Observer : BTC/USD price tracking and discussion (Phoenix Revision)

Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price tracking&discussion (Anarchy)

Wall Observer Reloaded - Bitcoin price tracking & discussion
legendary
Activity: 1551
Merit: 1002
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚&#
Are there only 2? moderated and unmoderated?
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846
Its starting to look pretty bulish. Still needs to be confirmed by breaking 1 or 2 resistances above+perhaps retest, but it already looks like bears are running away from the fight
Up over 8% today, yes it looks quite bullish!
It has been in a corridor for a little while now, the price has been very volatile inside this $2200 to $2600 range, but it hasn't broken out for a while.

I think we might see a break out on the upside in the next day, then... ATH?

I like your thinking, would be amazing if we could break upwards towards $3000. It's long over due.

It was very close to $2600 at bitstamp earlier on, and it will take buying less than 300 coins to get there. If we can get above $2600 and stay above it for a few days then maybe the dip is over and a break out to $3000 could be possible. I'll keep an open mind though, I still think it could continue range bound for another few weeks.
Pages:
Jump to: