Pages:
Author

Topic: Wallet Hack on 4/25 - page 6. (Read 11212 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
April 25, 2013, 07:11:42 PM
I don't buy it.  You just signed up for a bitcointalk.org account on 4/9/13, yet you have quite a lot more than 500 Bitcoins, and you've had a number of regular transactions since at least as far back as 9/14/12?  But on the forum, you're dabbling in microtrades of LTC and FC worth less than 1 BTC?

Nope, sorry.  You found a large recent transaction, then posted it as if it was yours.  You're looking for sympathy and free handouts.

Want to prove me wrong?  Sign a message with any one of the addresses from which your funds were supposedly stolen.

This kind of post  is why you are hero member SgtSpike Cheesy

Anyone handing out private keys should realise they have been robbed, even if they haven't lost coins yet.
April 25, 2013, 07:09:51 PM
Also, 'prove' you don't own the desti address, etc  Undecided

Anyway of getting back?
:bitcoin:
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
April 25, 2013, 07:08:32 PM
I posted same thing couple topics down.

Second time in two weeks.  One coin each time. Changed pw on every account and activated logging.

No log of withdraw.

Now getting freaked little.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
April 25, 2013, 07:07:51 PM
I don't buy it.  You just signed up for a bitcointalk.org account on 4/9/13, yet you have quite a lot more than 500 Bitcoins, and you've had a number of regular transactions since at least as far back as 9/14/12?  But on the forum, you're dabbling in microtrades of LTC and FC worth less than 1 BTC?

Nope, sorry.  You found a large recent transaction, then posted it as if it was yours.  You're looking for sympathy and free handouts.

Want to prove me wrong?  Sign a message with any one of the addresses from which your funds were supposedly stolen.

OP said that only one of the above addresses was his.  I retract my statement.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
April 25, 2013, 07:06:53 PM
Understated given I never keep more than .5 BTC in a hot account.  Pissed, yes.  Extremely. But could've been a whole lot worse.  I have the address both locally on a bitcoin client and on blockchain.info.  Can't rule out either it was a hack on my system, but i keep everything pretty tied down.
April 25, 2013, 07:03:10 PM
Your reaction to this 'heist' is quite understated...
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
April 25, 2013, 06:59:37 PM
Just finished dinner and checked to find one of my hot accounts

Hot account?

What client are you using?  Or are you using a hosted (shared) E-Wallet (e.g., Paytunia, Mt. Gox,, etc.), or perhaps a hybrid E-Wallet (Blockchain.info/wallet) ?
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
April 25, 2013, 06:53:26 PM
Just finished dinner and checked to find one of my hot accounts had been cleared of Bitcoin in a transaction at 6:22.  Block just had first confirmation 30 minutes later, must not have paid a fee on it.  Not sure if this is blockchain.info related or not, but here's the address:

https://blockchain.info/address/1JKJdYSZNrWSca1b9ajejdmjuqooE7TLFr

Sucks, but my guess is this is all gone.  Anyway of getting back?  From my understanding, no, but huge score for whoever pulled this off.  Jerk off.
Pages:
Jump to: