Pages:
Author

Topic: Wallet hacking is it possible? - page 49. (Read 29662 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 12
Send&Receive Money Instantly, w/ no hidden costs
October 12, 2018, 06:23:07 PM
To your wallet is not hacked, it is enough to follow simple rules. Save the site with a purse in bookmarks, do not tell anyone your private key, do not install questionable wallets and applications, use only official distributions.
although we already make this step, hackers still able attack our wallet.they have various technique.we often heard many exchanges hacked and much balance stolllen.

There is no perfect system, everything is still possible for hackers, the important thing is to divide the crypto in some wallets so that if one is hacked we can still hope from the other.

what you have to keep in mind is, if we want to keep assets that are truly safe, eat the only best way in my opinion is to keep them in a cold wallet, because the Cold Wallet is separate from the internet network, then it is the best anticipation, or at least save it in the wallet where only we know the Private Key from our wallet instead of storing it on the exchanger
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
October 12, 2018, 05:57:14 PM
Just like an account where one's fiat currencies are kept so also is wallet where digital assets or cryptocurrencies of crypto lovers are kept. Can the wallet be vulnerable to hacking and if possible how can that happen? If you have experienced it before, I want to learn from your experience.
As one hacker said - there is nothing that cannot be hacked! Therefore, I am unequivocally sure that any wallet does not protect one hundred percent from theft of the contents.
I completely agree with you with this opinion, because if there is an object, as well as an interest in it, then once the attacks will bring the desired result. On this basis, it is necessary to draw conclusions and understand that the safety of our funds depends on ourselves. That is, we must be careful and make it possible for our wallets to be invisible. that is, not to be interested in them.
Activity: 228
Merit: 10
October 12, 2018, 05:38:38 PM
Wallet hacking - probably no, only in very rare occasions, but in the most situations hackers hack PCs and just steal what is in notepad files or "cntrl+c" buffer.
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
Glad to see you
October 12, 2018, 04:39:31 PM
It all depends on the wallet that you use, as a rule, most open source wallets are not possible to crack, it means that only you are responsible for your private key and the safety of your funds. Be careful in everything, especially in sites that you visit, always check the address bar for the presence of unnecessary elements.
copper member
Activity: 178
Merit: 0
October 12, 2018, 04:26:34 PM
Just like an account where one's fiat currencies are kept so also is wallet where digital assets or cryptocurrencies of crypto lovers are kept. Can the wallet be vulnerable to hacking and if possible how can that happen? If you have experienced it before, I want to learn from your experience.
As one hacker said - there is nothing that cannot be hacked! Therefore, I am unequivocally sure that any wallet does not protect one hundred percent from theft of the contents.
Activity: 350
Merit: 11
October 12, 2018, 03:59:34 PM
Most of the wallets can be hacked, or rather you can hack all wallets, just what the hack is easy and what is difficult. If you use a hardware wallet, the risk of being hacked is minimized.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
October 11, 2018, 05:09:01 PM
One of the main requirements is never to enter MEW or another wallet when VPN is enabled. Personally, I use VPN just to log in Telegram,no VPN provider Telegrams blocks. As soon as I need to go to MEW or another wallet,even on the exchange,even with 2 FA, I disable VPN. And of course the basic requirements:1)Keep links to real wallets in your favorites; 2)Never follow the links in unknown letters relating to airdrop,bounty,1000000 dollars and others.Do not believe the letters from the alleged MEW, it is better to check on the site; 3) Do not store the private key in the browser bookmarks,only in a text file or even on a flash drive.Regularly checked by antivirus.
All the advice that you gave was very good except for the very last part, while in theory it may seem like a good idea to check your computer for viruses, if you really want to hold cryptocurrencies in a secure way then you cannot use an operative system like Windows you need to use a more secure operative system like any of the many flavors of Linux.
Activity: 784
Merit: 255
October 11, 2018, 07:32:37 AM
One of the main requirements is never to enter MEW or another wallet when VPN is enabled. Personally, I use VPN just to log in Telegram,no VPN provider Telegrams blocks. As soon as I need to go to MEW or another wallet,even on the exchange,even with 2 FA, I disable VPN. And of course the basic requirements:1)Keep links to real wallets in your favorites; 2)Never follow the links in unknown letters relating to airdrop,bounty,1000000 dollars and others.Do not believe the letters from the alleged MEW, it is better to check on the site; 3) Do not store the private key in the browser bookmarks,only in a text file or even on a flash drive.Regularly checked by antivirus.
Activity: 120
Merit: 1
Alfa-Enzo:Introducing the First Global Smartmarket
October 11, 2018, 07:28:50 AM
The main place where you can hold your money is you wallet and unfortunately it could be hacked. You must use hard system of security and do not talk about it a lot.
Activity: 532
October 11, 2018, 07:27:10 AM
to hack the wallet directly is impossible i mean to crack the walled codes. we have heard many hacking but that is the fault of the owners wallet because the information about their wallet got hack. there are many kinds of way how hacker can hack you but they can't hack the wallet codes.
Activity: 284
October 11, 2018, 07:19:50 AM
Anything electronic is potentially hack-able.   You need to be very disciplined with your keys and passwords
Activity: 231
October 11, 2018, 07:18:36 AM
 your wallet can be hack if you visit phishing website and enter your private key or share your private keys to someone, be careful and save your private keys in safest place then nobody can hack your wallet.
Activity: 143
Merit: 1
“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”
October 11, 2018, 07:11:30 AM
Thefts, scams and hackking could be everywhere as we can see because it is obvious that people are ready to have a risk to get money in the easier way.
Activity: 279
October 11, 2018, 05:51:11 AM
Hacking is possible everywhere and wallets are included in this list. I like to have a feeling of the game not to allow someone to get my money and it works for me.
Activity: 79
Merit: 0
October 11, 2018, 05:37:13 AM
Of course, yes, wallet Hacking is possible and many have been victims of hackers but there is what an individual can do to protect his wallet: Avoid sites that are not trusted, use different passwords for various sites, DO NOT EVER sign a message on fraudulent sites. Protect your private keys, back them up and write them out on a seperate device.
Activity: 378
October 11, 2018, 05:13:28 AM
Once it's online then this will be prone to hacking and you need to be wise on your money. You should learn not to put all your coins/ token in just 1 wallet and never click any suspicious link on your email or websites.
copper member
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
October 10, 2018, 06:39:35 PM
if the private key does not shine anywhere, then you will be safe. because in 99% of cases, hacking occurs on the vein of coin holders. manual hack wallet is not possible
Manual hacking by making random private key will only direct it to a random eth wallet, same as guessing an user password. It's almost impossible to do to get it to the right eth wallet. It will take a very long time, I think it will spend all of its age.
Activity: 352
Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!
October 10, 2018, 06:33:25 PM

In this digital world, all wallets are vulnerable to a hack especially if it is not well secured. Offline wallets such as Myetherwallet (.Json file) are also prone to hacking if it contain large amount of token. The most reliable way to store your token is by using hardware wallets like Ledger Nano S and Trezor. Wallet hacking can be attributed to many security issues such as password (too easy to guess; not using special characters and numbers), existing malware and spyware on device (always run a full system scan regularly) and phishing (accessing duplicate/fake sites or scammers using your credential to extort).
Activity: 364
October 10, 2018, 06:24:25 PM
It is impossible to hack without your knowledge, unless you give the fraudsters access to your private keys
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
October 10, 2018, 05:40:27 PM

Actually there are a lot of ways for hackers to get access into your wallet. They always find a way, that is why crypto users and investors must be careful on what they do, what they share, and what they click. Just one wrong moves, all the important details you have will be taken away from you.
People are too used to navigate the Internet without taking any precaution whatsoever, and that is a very fast way to lose all your coins, this is why I really believe that people need to store their coins either in a hardware wallet, a paper wallet or in a hard drive that is disconnected from the Internet and that you only connect when you are going to use it.
Pages:
Jump to: