Pages:
Author

Topic: Wallet hacking is it possible? - page 65. (Read 29662 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 100
September 23, 2018, 07:15:14 AM
Yes, it is possible if you keep your private key unsafe. I recommend to print your private key on paper and enter it manually.
Activity: 826
Merit: 11
September 22, 2018, 08:11:16 PM
Just like an account where one's fiat currencies are kept so also is wallet where digital assets or cryptocurrencies of crypto lovers are kept. Can the wallet be vulnerable to hacking and if possible how can that happen? If you have experienced it before, I want to learn from your experience.

I have few friends who experienced that kind of problem. Possible reason why their mew wallet had been hacked was clicking unsecured links that is phishing in nature and also the other one says she accidentally gave her wallet privates keys instead of wallet address with someone who she just met online. Just always be extra careful and never allow anyone to have access with your private keys.
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
The Future of Security Tokens
September 22, 2018, 07:56:37 PM
It's dependent which wallet you are use
Anyway hack wallet is very hard task
Activity: 2744
Merit: 588
September 22, 2018, 07:54:49 PM
Just like an account where one's fiat currencies are kept so also is wallet where digital assets or cryptocurrencies of crypto lovers are kept. Can the wallet be vulnerable to hacking and if possible how can that happen? If you have experienced it before, I want to learn from your experience.

Cracking wallet to get the private key is almost impossible.  But there are many ways how a funds can be stolen.  First is the carelessness of individuals who exposes his private keys to others.  He may fell victim to keyloggers and phishing sites which can intercept usernames and passwords so the thief can have access to victim’s accounts.  Other thing is storing private keys on cloud spaces which may be stolen.  The best way is to generate paper wallet offline, write down the private keys and store it somewhere safe.

Hacking technologies are getting more and more sophisticated nowadays.
Keyloggers and phishing sites are one of the topmost choices of these hackers.
They can deceive users easily especially those gullible ones that are attracted by freebies and other free stuffs.
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
September 22, 2018, 02:19:52 PM
This is a truth that wallets sometimes remain ( due to lack of understanding of developer of wallet ) vulnerable , but I don't think that any wallet will have any type of mistake that can result into hack .
If you will use third party platfroms for store of your cryptocurrency then surely there are chances that you will loss .
Third party wallets have option to access the account with the use of the email ids and another otp system that are easy to bypass by the hackers , so it always remain better for the people to make himself sure that they are using official wallets and are not going with the third party platforms .
Here if we talk about the vulnerability then we can say that there exists some chances but usually developers are not fool , they make every type of experiment over the creation and they checked very well that whether the project is going on very well or not or if there is any type of fault exist that can give big problem in future , overall they checked the wallet from every side to make sure that people get better trust with the wallet .
Activity: 374
Merit: 12
September 22, 2018, 05:18:00 AM
When it comes to hacking, it must be done by reliable hackers who have prepared the old way. This has happened to me and many people. But now it hasn't happened yet and it might happen again.
Activity: 434
Merit: 2
September 22, 2018, 05:10:34 AM
Yes its very possible that your wallet will be hack if you wont care on it. Lot of people has scam because of mistake filling form and accidentally show there pk. Visiting malicious site also can lead wallet hack
Activity: 462
Merit: 103
September 22, 2018, 05:06:35 AM
Of course hackers can hack absolutely any person if they want. Recently, the founder of the anti-virus John McAfee challenged hackers to crack his wallet and a week later they hacked though they wrote that the wallet was super safe. I know how they can hack your account on the exchange if you do not have 2fa authentication enabled or through mail.
Activity: 336
Merit: 12
September 22, 2018, 05:01:15 AM
I think it's very vulnerable and maybe it could happen, from my friend's experience there are those who have experienced wallet hacking where my friend is a bounty player and maybe it can be when he fills in the registration form for the bounty for the wallet he fills his private key without realizing it from for double security I feel that using the private key code is very vulnerable. Another thing is that sometimes there is a spam e-mail where the e-mail is phishing your web wallet even though it is the same web but it's fake and it really needs to be careful.
Merit: 60
September 22, 2018, 04:45:04 AM

I read about fake wallet sites that try to get your private key by using that fake sites. However, this can be countered by bookmarking the website.
Activity: 308
Merit: 49
September 22, 2018, 04:42:36 AM
Yes, of course, my friend. This is one risk that must be accepted because there is no guarantee or refund in cryptocurrency if the hacker has taken your coin.
Cryptocurrency wallets are the same as in the real world, and wallets are only physical objects, if we are careless and not care we will lose that wallet
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
September 22, 2018, 04:40:51 AM
A wallet is vulnerable if the developers of it didn't developed it well.

And also as user we do have to be diligent and careful on how we are accessing our wallets. Always the website you are accessing your private keys through MEW and exchanges too. But the best way to keep your funds safe is through the having a hardware wallet.
copper member
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
September 22, 2018, 04:37:13 AM
If your wallet has permanent access to the Internet - then it can be hacked sooner or later. Either viruses that are now actively mutating and insufficiently reliable antiviruses. Or phishing sites where you can enter your data. Also, the wallet itself can be a scam and, after attracting a large amount of capital, simply deceive everyone.
Merit: 10
MEGATRON - THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION
September 22, 2018, 04:21:34 AM
Yes, nowadays ETH hacking is real, some hackers have hacked and lost the coins stored in their wallets, so the first step into the cryptographic market is to learn how to secure your account clause.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 453
September 22, 2018, 04:17:41 AM
It can be hack by anyone if you will not take care of the information needed to open your wallet.
IF you will share your private keys in public that will be your end.
the first to do is be careful and take care of your information to secure your wallet.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 180
September 22, 2018, 04:13:52 AM
I have the experience the wallet is hacking for someone before, but I am not sure why these people have my wallet password, maybe I have visited the phishing website, anyway I just lost little money, and never visit the unknow web now.
Security in this market is very crucial because we are all vulnerable from the hackers. Protection must be done properly to prevent things like this. Its good that you learn a lot from this experience, phishing sites are always here to hack our personal details, I hope the security can be more improve in the future.
Activity: 630
rocket.hashbon.com
September 22, 2018, 04:08:28 AM
I think it is possible for the wallet to be hacked. Some months ago, there was an issue and occurrence that many wallets of ERC20 were hacked. Many people lost their coins. However, if we can make it sucre, I think the chance of being hacked will be smaller. Or, we can use the hardware wallet or offline wallet to minimize lost.
Activity: 420
September 22, 2018, 04:07:15 AM
What happened the most on this cryptocurrency wallet is phishing. it could happened when we accidentally entering our private key into a phishing website that we thought it's the original website. aside from that there is unlikely to happen (very rare)
Activity: 392
Merit: 1
September 22, 2018, 03:51:42 AM
Now there are many ways to hack a wallet and phishing is one of the most frequently used methods. So be careful.
Activity: 686
Merit: 104
September 22, 2018, 03:41:59 AM
I have the experience the wallet is hacking for someone before, but I am not sure why these people have my wallet password, maybe I have visited the phishing website, anyway I just lost little money, and never visit the unknow web now.
Pages:
Jump to: