Pages:
Author

Topic: Wallet troubleshooting help - page 2. (Read 236 times)

legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
June 27, 2018, 10:12:38 AM
Weird
I checked my paper wallet like 10 times and it matches exactly
But it only worked after I copy/pasted the address while being logged into my blockchain.info account..

Sorry, but this doesn't make sense.
And I proposed you to check with a test wallet.

For example, if you generate with warp wallet a new address from the words (no e-mail at all) : one two three
You get public 1ET88GAa6M2rxb3jkBm2phUA4aWB6W46oC and private 5KaKNDXjV1Y4vBQSZfS8bLvstvAsZxfeoDKkLuxUTZ3sYtGvrTc
If you paste the public into blockchain.info (without login) or you just open the link http://blockchain.info/address/1ET88GAa6M2rxb3jkBm2phUA4aWB6W46oC you'll see an empty valid address.

What could you do different, I am puzzled....
Activity: 168
Merit: 2
June 27, 2018, 09:56:40 AM
Okay scratch that..
So weird
It works now but

I had to log into my blockchain.info account and copy/pasted the public address

Otherwise, when I manually inputted it, the public address was not recognized...

Weird
I checked my paper wallet like 10 times and it matches exactly
But it only worked after I copy/pasted the address while being logged into my blockchain.info account..
June 27, 2018, 09:51:44 AM
Thanks for the pointers.

I'm stuck at the beginning
At blockchain.info I have inputted my public bitcoin address, and it is not showing up, saying it is unrecognized
I double-checked my public address several times, and tried it at blockchain.info and also chain.so

What gives?

Just the other day I checked my public address and it showed the amount of bitcoin in there..
Now it is like the public key does not exist anymore

What am I doing wrong here?
Activity: 106
Merit: 13
https://anycoindirect.eu
June 27, 2018, 09:27:49 AM
Hello clover12

You stated that you have the private key of your Warp Wallet, we suggest you use this private key to import your wallet within another wallet client.
Think of a client like Electrum which can be downloaded here.

After that you should import the private key from Warp Wallet, into the Electrum client. This can be done by selecting the option to recover an existing wallet by entering your private key.
Now you can easily send the BTC from your Electrum wallet straight to the Ledgers address.

With kind regards,
The Anycoin Direct team
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
June 27, 2018, 09:27:26 AM
Actually I am unsure how to even find my BTC from the Warp Wallet address
I know it is out there I just forgot how to find it.

From Warp Wallet I have a public key, a passcode, and a private key
At blockchain.info I have a username, a passcode, and a Wallet ID

How do I get this coin moved into my Ledger hardware wallet?

The public key from Warp Wallet is your address, I guess it starts with 1. If you go to blockchain.info, chain.so or other such site (block explorer) and paste this address you'll see how much Bitcoin you have there.
Make sure you keep your private key ... private (don't touch it for now).

One way to get access to your money is with Electrum. First of all make sure you are on a safe, virus free computer. Then download and install Electrum stand alone.
In electrum you create a wallet, but instead of "standard wallet" you check "Import bitcoin address or private keys" and in the next window you paste your private key.
It is a good practice to set a strong password, just in case.
Now you have your wallet in Electrum and you can send your money whenever you want and wherever you want, including one of the addresses the Ledger generated for you.

Edit: you can try the steps first with a temporary new address generated with WarpWallet, to see what happens. Also, in Electrum you can click on View/Show Addresses and check if the address in Electrum is the one you expect. Another thing: Electrum works by default with mBTC, maybe you change to BTC in Tools/Preferences.
June 27, 2018, 08:45:27 AM
Newbie here.

A few months ago I had some BTC sitting in a bitcoin wallet at blockchain.info.
Then I learned that blockchain.info is not really a cold wallet
So then I used Warp Wallet to generate a cold wallet address along with the private key
Then I moved that BTC to the public address generated with Warp Wallet

Today I would like to move that BTC into my Ledger hardware wallet
But since I am a massive newbie I am unsure how to move the BTC
Actually I am unsure how to even find my BTC from the Warp Wallet address
I know it is out there I just forgot how to find it.

From Warp Wallet I have a public key, a passcode, and a private key
At blockchain.info I have a username, a passcode, and a Wallet ID

How do I get this coin moved into my Ledger hardware wallet?

Thank you! Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: