Pages:
Author

Topic: Want to know what iGotSpots has been up to? - page 4. (Read 4368 times)

legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000
October 12, 2014, 03:13:15 AM
define what you mean by "Basically, I'm all-in on Maieuticoin." ?
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
October 12, 2014, 02:44:14 AM
Lookin good.
OGF
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
October 12, 2014, 02:38:22 AM
first!
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
October 12, 2014, 02:22:43 AM

Time Well Spent
Maieuticoin is a project I am extremely excited about. Three very experienced, well respected developers have come together to make something that is rock solid in both blockchain security and market price. The past six months have been a very exciting time for all of us getting things ready to push the marketing forward

Using Pure Proof of Stake, Maieuticoin's supply has increased to a little over 2100 coins, after several months of switching to PoS. Coins were distributed while we were on the original MMXIV chain. There was no premine, and all 2014 coins were mined out. At this point we were caught in a dilemna with low blockchain security since there was no reason to mine and transaction fees were not worth the hashpower. It was then that we went to a new blockchain, coinswapped on Bittrex, and started fresh

The final product is a coin that has a wonderful user interface, a secure blockchain, and a very experienced, well respected community that is vocal to our goals in both IRC and these forums. We are community driven and have made changes that were requested by the community

Coin Purpose
I have been very vocal in the past about Proof of Stake being insecure. However, after our tests and talks with many other top tier members, I decided that it was the best way to keep MMXIV alive as a community, but put trust in a system that is not Proof of Work. Maieuticoin is based off the newest PPC, not a clone of a clone, and we have tweaked it perfectly to fit our needs

We are not aiming for a mass adoption, merchant trading token. Maieuticoin aims for someone who trades on percentages, rather than dollars, and sees the value in holding a coin with a very low supply (2100 coins currently). An aggressive interest rate of .96% weekly, just from staking, interests many in putting their money in a bolder step of proof of wealth than Bitcoin and other scarce commodities while many prices either crash or fluctuate wildly. It is intended to be used as a hedge against uncertain times in more established markets, such as Fiat, Bitcoin, or gold. Our price has been incredibly stable for months, and slowly creeping up and to the right, exactly as anticipated. There are several key factors to keeping inflation at a very low rate, while still allowing for a 50% yearly stake, or roughly .96% weekly

Why should we care who you are?
No doubt I am opening myself up to a lot of criticism here, or nobody may care at all. Either way, I believe it is a good time to say that I have been deeply involved with this coin. I believe we have built something, and a system of surrounding purposes, that will fit the niche of many investors and speculators both in our current markets and larger. It is built to scale incredibly well. Whether or not you agree with my opinions or demeanor, we can all agree that I've had coins that went very well, and coins that didn't perform as expected. This is also the last coin that I will be directly responsible for. My involvement further will only be on very creative or innovative projects that others have thought up and brought to me. Basically, I'm all-in on Maieuticoin. Right around this time last year, Tickets (TIX) shot up to a multi-million dollar market cap, was in the top 15 overall for many months, and (although scrypt-jane is now outdated), is still incredibly successful

In turbulent times, it is important to have a place to fit in that isn't rotten to the core. Maieuticoin is that place. Even in the wild west, there was a code of ethics; I believe I've already proven I abide by everyone's rules. I know what I'm doing, deep down inside everyone here knows I know what I'm doing, and this time I will be focused on my work, rather than watching chat boxes and forums for the newest FUD. We have that much work left to do

Hop on or miss out

There is also still a chance for miners to get in at a very early rate by mining on our beautiful, very custom Multipool, which is run by ThePeePs, a trustworthy, well respected pool operator for many coins and projects

Unmoderated Thread
Full Disclosure: There are NO employees or representatives from any exchange involved with our team
Pages:
Jump to: