Pages:
Author

Topic: WARNING!! BEWARE S11 SCAM Email!! - page 3. (Read 1381 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 3
June 12, 2018, 07:51:41 AM
Scammers have made $263K in BTC, LTC and BCH. By all means contact law enforcement if you are victim of this.
Activity: 44
Merit: 2
June 12, 2018, 04:27:06 AM
This is kinda funny. We've all heard complaints about dusty miners looking a bit used. And now Bitmain sold your farm's location to crooks.

Remember when those farms were robbed in Iceland? The stolen asics turned up in China, ready to begin their journey all over again.
Activity: 268
Merit: 102
June 12, 2018, 04:14:10 AM
i think it was an ex employee or employee with access to the systems, database, dns etc.
Everything is so correct that the s11 specs might also be correct and when released the diff will kill all the s9 and below models
Activity: 392
June 12, 2018, 04:09:28 AM

Im furious because why shitmain doesn’t make an official email about this scam to warn the customers and state that their database was hacked

In fact a couple of weeks ago they sent email warning that somebody pretending to be Bitmain is calling over phone .
June 12, 2018, 04:03:57 AM
i knew they got hacked, they were trying to cover but this is a big scam they have to release some official statement about the database hacked
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
June 12, 2018, 03:57:49 AM

Bitmain : Please be advised that Bitmain haven't contacted customers by telephone or email to announce Antminer S11. Do not purchase from such a caller or an email and do not give them your personal information. For more detail please see this article: https://blog.bitmain.com/en/fraudulent-websites-and-scams-alert/
For official updates and Bitmain news please follow our blog: https://blog.bitmain.com/en/
?: but the email has personal information
?: how is this possible?
Bitmain : We have forwarded this information to the team that is investigating the recent hack of our database. This could contribute to making our database more secure for the future. It could also just be a phishing attempt from someone pretending to have what is being offered.
Anyway, please only trust emails from www.bitmain.com or www.bitmaintech.com and remember that Bitmain never requests payment through email. Any pending payment would be shown on your www.bitmain.com account.
?: offer email is [email protected]
Bitmain : yes, we know
Bitmain : We are now monitoring our system to ensure the security of customer information.
Activity: 252
Merit: 13
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 12, 2018, 02:37:08 AM
Yup. Me too. Pretty messed up. Truth is....no one will even pursue these scum. They will also make a LOT of money off of unsuspecting idiots.

They could be pursued, if you are willing to spend an amount more than they scammed you for. These are simple "hacks" that can easily be traced. I'm sure anyone pulling off scam emails like this aren't CIA-grade operatives and will most likely easily be traced by the right company. If you have been scammed, all the more reason, please do not hesitate and passively dismiss issues like this. Make an effort and go to your local cybercrime agency. Do something about this so they don't do it to more people. Help make crypto better.
Activity: 13
June 12, 2018, 01:41:36 AM
about this scam:
from Russia https://youtu.be/iEYDw15fMJA
from USA https://youtu.be/Ibf68tpbZCg
Activity: 29
June 12, 2018, 12:52:10 AM
37.88244000 BTC
Activity: 489
Merit: 253
June 11, 2018, 10:58:56 PM
If everyone can retweet bitmains tweet regarding this scam maybe we could all help to reduce the damage this hack is causing. 36btc is so wrong.
Activity: 489
Merit: 253
June 11, 2018, 10:46:57 PM
Anybody knows how do scammers achieve sending email from Bitmain domain?
-snip-img-
Bitmain's domain isn't "bitmaintech", plain sight obvious.

Making a non "@gmail/@yahoo" email is quite simple. Ex. I have an email account [email protected] where the spam goes.
And the hacker just bought a domain that sounds like the original, then he made an email account using that domain.

Example: bitmain.com, the hacker bought bitmaintech.com then he created [email protected] as the fake administrator email account to scam noobs.
This makes sense because the first one they sent to me was from [email protected]. Then they changed it. They also had my old address on the email. So whatever they have in data is not particularly "current" it would seem.

They didnt spam my new bitmain account, so it seems true that they only have older customer details, i remember this hack last year, it was ridiculous that it happened in the first place, they make a killing yet they cant protect customer data.
Activity: 462
Merit: 118
June 11, 2018, 08:04:26 PM
U sure it is bitmain because I did not get it...
Activity: 294
June 11, 2018, 10:23:32 AM
Nice! Bitmain at it again! Selling email and contact lists. Gotta love it! Man not only can they screw over individual coins but also their customers =D this gets better and better
June 11, 2018, 10:10:26 AM
yeah 36btc so far and counting.
Im furious because why shitmain doesn’t make an official email about this scam to warn the customers and state that their database was hacked

June 11, 2018, 10:04:05 AM
At 13:30 UTC someone sent the highest transaction: 14.573BTC, which now it's above $100,000. Man! That hurts!
Activity: 420
Merit: 110
June 11, 2018, 09:43:38 AM
Te scammers have netted over $250,000.00 already? Wow. That's crazy.
Activity: 224
Merit: 15
June 11, 2018, 09:41:34 AM
i have receive email from bitmain ... there is invoice at attachment

i do not open it ...but if that scam ... how they got my email  ?? and Scammers use my shipping addresses !!

what happen ??

June 11, 2018, 09:37:01 AM
well i was one of the stupid people who got scammed.. i bought 2 miners..Sad they called me from official phone number of bitmain!! i checked that..and when i received email and it was from [email protected] (i cehcked previous emails from them) i said ok, something private because i bought 10 miners before..al;so they had ALL my informations..like adress, name, surname, phone number, street, and emails, everything...
fuc**ng sake, i will broke their bones if i found them, which i do no of course...4600usd out of window...

i must admit hey are really clever...
That seriously sucks man. I admit i got pretty amped up when I saw it, but realized that everything about this process was outside of Bitmain's way of doing business. That and the 79Ths claim. That's what really tipped me off. It's just not possible while pulling 1400 watts or anywhere near that.
June 11, 2018, 09:35:59 AM
Here's my exchange with Bitmain Support on this:

hong.wang (Bitmain)
Jun 11, 21:19 CST
Dear xyz,

Please be advised that Bitmain haven't contacted customers by telephone or email to announce Antminer S11. Do not purchase from such a caller or an email and do not give them your personal information. For more detail please see this article: https://blog.bitmain.com/en/fraudulent-websites-and-scams-alert/

For official updates and Bitmain news please follow our blog: https://blog.bitmain.com/en/

For information on our products please refer to our official website, Facebook or Twitter feeds. You may also subscribe to email announcements.

We continually monitor our system to ensure the security of customer information. Thank you for your continued support.

We will appreciate it if you could offer us evidence of this scam in any form(email screenshot/ PDF), it would be a great help for our Legal department to trace down the Outlaws.

Best regards,
hong.wang
Bitmain

xyz
Jun 11, 20:18 CST
I received an email from [email protected] with contents as shown attached. It announces a presale of a purported Antminer S11 with 79.5TH/s capacity @ 1500W for $2300. Is this real? If not -as I suppose-, how did scammers get my personal information? Has Bitmain security been compromised?
Attachment(s)
Email.pdf
Limited Offer Details S11.pdf

June 11, 2018, 09:33:19 AM
Anybody knows how do scammers achieve sending email from Bitmain domain?
-snip-img-
Bitmain's domain isn't "bitmaintech", plain sight obvious.

Making a non "@gmail/@yahoo" email is quite simple. Ex. I have an email account [email protected] where the spam goes.
And the hacker just bought a domain that sounds like the original, then he made an email account using that domain.

Example: bitmain.com, the hacker bought bitmaintech.com then he created [email protected] as the fake administrator email account to scam noobs.
This makes sense because the first one they sent to me was from [email protected]. Then they changed it. They also had my old address on the email. So whatever they have in data is not particularly "current" it would seem.
Pages:
Jump to: